Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alarm Bell Are Ringing Willy.

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by TDogResurrected, Nov 27, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Is it me? Or is the writing on the show BEYOND terrible? Cause out of NOWHERE the majority of the three groups don't trust/talk/see each other. Aaron apparently is sneaking around behind Michonne's back to see hilltop. Alexandrians have to disarm to enter hilltop (which to me directly says "I dont trust you"). WHY? And the fact that the writers didn't clear up the current sentiment held by all the camps THE FIRST EPISODE is complete hot garbage. Jesus, Aaron, Ezekiel, Carol, and Michonne act like the SOMETHING HUGE WORLD ENDING happened, but not big enough to EVER mention when they are all face to face.... Alarm bells are ringing willy... the shows circling the bowl imo. (which is a shame, cause I like the scary whisperer angle)

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Try to think of it as suspenseful. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TDogResurrected

Doesn't come across as suspense. Suspense is in season 1 when the cholos held glen to the side of a roof, only to learn they are friendly cholo's. Or the whispers are quit suspenseful. But not filling in the audience why in one episode people went from strong friends to untrusting strangers... that's not suspense, that's poor writing. All it would take is like 4 lines in the beninging when Magna's group shows up. "We used to take in groups Darryl found, everything was running smoothly until blah blah joined our group. One night they got kitchen knifes and tried to take alexandria and the hilltop simultaneously, leaving Michonne dying with with a knife in the kidney. Darryl gave her his kidney to make amends, and he's been in self imposed exile since then." THREE sentences, and clearrrrrly I dont think THAT EXACTLY happend, but just an example. Maybe you let one sentence slip per episode ANYTHING, but nothing....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I hear you.

LOL

5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I don't think they'll make us wait very long to find out what happened.
    They had a lot to cover with this soft reboot.
    I liked seeing how each character reacted to Michonne and how she was with each of them, as well as the new group..... building it up a bit before they tell us why.
    As long as they don't drag it out too long, I'm satisfied with the approach.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

That's what they call set up my man, you don't need to be force fed everything at once. TV shows do this all the time. They sprinkle in little things here and there for clues like the X on Michonne and Daryl, and then Michonne and Kingdom girl being untrustworthy, and then Michonne turning away Carol for the fair etc. Honestly that shit don't bother me all that much, all I care about is how they do the Whisperers tbh. This is just a little side story that doesn't need to be revealed in one or two scenes.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

You feel that way because you don't know the whole story yet. We are being told what happened over the last 6 years, one hint at a time, while we follow the current story. It's a common story telling technique, we see it in movies and shows all the time. They tell a main story while filling in the backstory as we go along. We are slowly finding out what happened in the past while moving the main story forward. And I think they are doing a great job. The current story is a new group being accepted into the communities while meeting a new threat in the whisperers. We are also slowly finding out the backstory about why the communities are fractured and what happened to make them the way they are.

They have used this technique throughout the series, we just never saw such a large chunk of time skipped over. We met Michonne and Andrea and there were hints about who Michonne was before, without actually just telling us the story. Michonne didn't come right out at the beginning and say "These armless walkers are my ex-boyfriend/dead baby daddy and his best friend. Because they got high my baby died and now they are my pets". Instead we get hints. She didn't want to hold a baby, then cried when she did. There was something there, we just didn't know what it was. She said her pet walkers weren't human to begin with, hinting at the fact that she knew them and they were bad people. Later we get a flashback of her life before the fall, starts to fill in more of the blanks. Finally we get the reveal about who they were and what happened. It helped explain why she was who she was. If she just came out and explained it all right off the bat, it would have been boring. That way we got hints and had something to think about and start to piece together as the story unfolded.

The same thing is happening here. We keep getting hints, the X scars, Michonne made a decision that caused the rift between the communities, she has a Son. Shit went down and we are slowly finding out what happened. At some point we will get the final reveal that will make it all make sense.

I'd prefer this way of telling the story. That way it's not just in my face and obvious. Let me think about it, let me speculate and theorize. I don't want it spoonfed, I want to dissect it and piece it all together. That way I will get my "Oh shit, that's what happened" moment.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

So ironic lol... The suggestions you made would be the very definition of terrible writing.

You actually want them to address why Michonne & Daryl have an "X" on their backs fresh off the heels of Rick's apparent death, a 5-6 yr time jump, Maggie leaving Hilltop, the introduction of a new group of survivors, the death of Jesus, all while introducing a brand new threat to the communities.

Ok...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TDogResurrected

Theres an elephant size gap in what happened in the past 5-6 yrs, and id appreciate ONE bite or piece of info in three episodes, that's all.

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You’ll get it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

We got them.

Michonne and Daryl have matching X scars.

Michonne is not welcome at Hilltop because she made a decision in the past that caused problems.

Michonne doesn't trust new people.

Maggie left to help Georgie.

Sanctuary went bust.

Carol sparked Jed. (I don't believe he was referring to the time with Rick)

We get hints every episode, some subtle, some obvious. As time goes on we will get more and start to see a more clear picture of what happened.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

And that decision, according to Michonne, while obviously unpopular, is the reason they are still alive. So it was something bigger than simply "causing a problem"

By the conversation between Michonne and Siddiq (while at Rosita's bedside) we are clued in that whatever occurred was a life or death situation. If she had not stepped in and made the decision that seemingly no one else was willing to step up to the plate and make then lives would have been lost.

Personally I LOVE not knowing what this is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Exactly. And to know her decision saved lives and it still angered the same people she saved....holy shit this should be an amazing reveal. Like you, I love having these hints given to us. We have to examine every episode for little hints and tidbits of information.

Even that whole scene between Carol and Jed. I think there's more to that than we see. Jed tells Carol she spared him back in the day. On the surface we think of the confrontation between Carol/Rick and Jed/DJ. But since there was a gun fight after that, I think he's talking about something that happened during the jump. And they might actually have something to do with what happened.

It could be nothing, it could be important. Either way I'm having a blast speculating.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Aaagghh, It's killing me! Not only do I want to know what happened, I want to know what Michonne thinks the other communities expect her to do to mend the rift that she finds unacceptable -- so, sooo curious and have to stew in it until February! Totally in to this season so far, looking forward to what's next more than I have in several seasons.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, this 1/2 season has been excellent.

I think this is the first time that a mid season finale and even a season finale has left us with so many questions!

Why is everyone so angry and mistrustful of Michonne?
    Where is Rick?
    Who are the whisperers?
    What is their purpose?
    What are the X scars?
    Where is Maggie?
    Why did she leave?
    What will become of the Negan story line?
    Why has Carol not cut her hair?

The only season that may come close is mid season 4 and then the questions were only in regard to will our characters find one another? This one was not even really a question because we all knew they would we just did not know how it would play out.

So the only two questions that I can think of for mid season 4 finale:
    where did Carol go after Rick banished her?
    Is Judith alive?

Granted other seasons had a question or two, the story left a bit open ended but nothing compared to all the questions we have this season!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

The reason you are frustrated and the need to find out what happened is exactly what they want.

They mentioned a few movies that will fill in the gaps. May be this will be revealed in the movies. May be the TV show will never reveal the whole story and you have to watch the movies to know what happened.