Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alex and Travis?

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by Adam Poole, May 10, 2016.

1. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Why does Alex tell the pirates they should bring Travis back? She apparently wants to put this big guilt trip on him and blame him for the boy dying. But Travis was fighting for them to come on the boat. He was the one that at least got them the concession that they'd get food and water and towed to land. Isn't it Strand that she should want to confront? My God nothing makes sense on this show.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

As far as what she saw was Travis making the final decision to keep her on the raft.

3. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I guess that is the position the writers are taking but it still doesn't make sense. She watched Strand insist that they couldn't come aboard and Travis explain that keeping them in the raft with supplies was the best they could do. And then the final thing she saw was Strand cutting the rope. I don't see how she chooses to bring Travis back to confront him instead of Strand.

4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Well she easily could have blamed almost anybody on the boat (with the acception of probably Alicia who was really the only one who argued to bring them aboard). Travis was the one she talked to personally though and she could probably tell that he was the one who could have gotten her aboard if he wanted to.

5. Znuts

Znuts Member

She said that she knew that Travis knew it was wrong, but still made the decision to put her on the raft, knowing what might happen. I think she just wanted to lay a big guilt trip on Travis. I was kind of hoping they'd have moved Alex's character in a different direction and keep her on the show, but oh well.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

This made absolutely no sense to me. What made even less sense was Travis wasn't like "I wanted to keep you on but Strand cut you off. He owns the boat so it wasn't my call"

7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

That whole scene made no sense to me. Was she bringing him there to torture him or punish him or something like that?

Why the hell did he never say "if it had been up to me, you'd have been right on board. Not my boat. Not my call to make. I wasn't about to risk losing my own place on it."

This episode would have been way better if that whole scene had just been snipped out in my opinion. I hope that Alex's stint on the show is over with. I have a feeling she'll be making another appearance at some point though...and it's going to be terrible when she does.

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

I agree that she should have asked for Strand, not Travis. It didn't make sense. But to lay a guilt trip on him? That is a bit too hard to believe.

I'd think it would be to let him suffer dehydration (like the kid) and eventual death. Let him beg for death, and then not give it to him.

But in a very short conversation, she seemed to forgive him.

Was this a way for the writers justifying Travis' "do good-er" philosophy? Maintain our humanity and make the best of a shitty situation. Maybe there'll be a moral at the end of the story.

9. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I like Alex but that story line was ridiculous. More lame writing.

10. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Just seen this ep on my bingewatch....i agree v poor writing so far,lousy action sequences.....and connor....yes connor who everyone seemed obsessed with and his geek brother ....were about as threatning as a bowl of fruit.....i knew they would be roadkill by episode end..are we really supposed to beleive "connor" got all these people to do his bidding?...i think cooking steak is all he was good for unbeleivable he could handle himself .and heard the one about a prxck called alicia? Who got a girl crush and nearly ended up getting her entire family and everyone she cared about killed...

So far not impressed by this show..the set is a horrible orange all the time....very poorly construction....even in a ZA the script is unbeleivable (mild mannered travis who mexican but than becomes samoan becomes a hard man and expert fighter who even with his hands tied can see off two goons with headbutts....strand and abigail...salazar being so confident leading a herd so early.....the american military being so useless....its all contrived crap ....and the teary "character"monents dont work its all forced and cheesy.....so far i dont give a rats arse about any of them.....nick is the only cool character u can admire.....the whole 24 year old tied to mommas apron strings is annoying tho