Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alex

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by Neuropyramidal, May 1, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I bet she's a prisoner of Conner's group. ;)

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Good possibility. They definitely set her up to coming back soon in this episode.

3. JFAN

JFAN Member

That was also speculated on TTD as to that is how Jack's group already knew the rest of the names of the people on Strand' boat even before they boarded. She will probably ends up helping Travis and Alicia.

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I don't think Alex was able to get the name of everybody on the boat. She was never allowed onboard so didn't interact with everyone. I figured the pirates knew the names from all Alecia's conversations with Jack over the radio. I think we'll probably see Alex again somewhere, somehow though.

5. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Alex has been the most dynamic character on the show so far. She is interesting right off the bat from the plane on and seems to be immune to brooding maybe she will strongly council the others on this topic. It would be awesome for her to be instrumental in helping them escape. With it being hinted in the preview that Strand has had a change of heart that could play well too. Hopeful she will be back and he Flight 642 thing will not another rip off on this show like skipping the three week fall of L.A. last season.

6. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Alex has already killed a couple of 'raftmates' - we don't see her get rid of Mr. Striped Shirt, but he said he'd kill the burn victim if she didn't. "Do what's best for him!" and the next time we see him, he's trying to fist the ABIGAIL's intake system. Curious the grill wasn't there - they'd been sailing thru kelp beds for a few hours without any problem but ONE zombie's hand finds the mark? Sheesh. Writers and their tired old ploys.

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Alicia told Daniel or some one, that she didn't know how they knew the names, that she didn't tell them and she had no reason to lie. My bet is Alex heard them say everyones' name except maybe Strand's, because I'm not sure they called him anything other than the captain.

8. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I think you are right. Plus they were in the raft for a while getting to the boat. She had a chance to learn their names and possibly some background as well.

9. Terminator

Not buying that. I think she said she didn't mention names to save her own butt as much as she could because she'd led Connor's group to the boat. I also don't think it would have been Alex' priority to remember each and every name she may have heard while in the raft.

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

That would make sense, given she's set to return next episode, I think. If this is the case I can't imagine the kid making it.

11. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I'll look forward to seeing Alex again but I doubt she could give the Connor Group much guidance other than agree "They went thataway."

Flight 492's crash was - where? Anyone believe that wobbly plane over LAX lasted another 20 miles in flight? I don't. "Ten miles" would have been a miracle, and that would have put the crash-site on the Rancho Palos Verdes peninsula.

But wait - how could that be? They've just come from Catalina which is about 50-60 miles south of LAX. How could that flight have flown further down the coast? And how much? 20-30 miles (that'd be the Huntington/Newport Beach, which has some cliffsides.)

Could that plane have traveled 50-60 miles? HOW?!! It was wobbly, almost doing a wing-over flip, heading down. And 50-60 miles would have put the crash site in the San Clemente area. Or why not just all the way to Oceanside, which has the heavy-graveled beaches like this episode used? (Oceanside is the near the site of the the Marine base, Camp Pendleton, by the way.)

Well, all of this geography would require the writers to be sensible and logical. And we know we can chuck all of that out the window.

I have high hopes for Alex's continued appearances. She's a medical researcher, involved in the lab where this virus was (1) developed, or (2) detected and understood. That's why she was on the run. She knew what the virus was doing. Because she had experience with it in a test-setting.

#11 Cbcw76, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  12. Terminator

Dude, you're looking for too much reality.

13. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

She had no reason to lie? More like she had no reason to tell the truth. She gave away their location, the size of the boat, the filtration system, all under the guise of looking for a new boyfriend. She probably gave away tons of information inadvertently.

14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

she was already found out, and she knew she'd endangered everyone, what point was it to lie as they are being boarded? Do you really think that she wouldn't have come clean at that point, in case it was important to help save them? And she was just as surprised by it as the others. I'm pretty sure we'll see that Alex was the source.

15. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

the pirates probably left him or killed him

16. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

At least he gave Travis a hand with the filtration unit.

17. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

When she received the hard question from Daniel as she was tying him up (gee - couldn't you have done a SHABBY job instead?), Alicia's eyes were scrambling for cover-up answers. SHE KNEW SHE TOLD MORE, and she knew she couldn't confess all that she told. SHE believed she had to keep lying - I could see that in her eyes and her stammered stalling response. She couldn't even remember everything she'd told them - that's how clueless she's learned to be on Social Media and chatting.

She may have baited the hook for the pirates.

But it was Strand and only Strand that stopped the boat, took the keys, went to sleep far from any immediately-alertable area (like the fantail).

Only Strand set up a plan to drop off Nick and sit out there on a stalled, stopped boat waiting for his return for hours and hours, with a giant radar-target on the boat's back, even though he knew there were dangers at sea.

Only Strand would have given snuck around Travis' fatherly eye and given whiny-child Chris a gun and the 'honor' of being the overnight watch.

Even a radar watch should have alerted of an approaching vessel, much less that they'd been pinged by someone else's radar OR detecting a larger vessel, too. Strand is the one that - with full awareness of Alicia's loose lips - set all of this up to occur. He couldn't done more without fireworks in the sky.

18. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I bet the pirates did pick up Charlie/Alex and that Tobias is the strongman behind Connor's group. When Tobias interviewed Charlie/Alex, he used that data along with the info the dude who had been stringing Alicia along, he figured out who was on the boat and sent out the raft party. He is pissed that Madison f*ed up his food run at the school in episode 1 or 2 of season 1, and wants revenge.

19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And don't forget she took his knife too.

20. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

In Ouroboros there is a scene where Alex definitely would have learned Nick's name. When Nick turns around to go face to face with a zombie Alicia scream's Nick's name loudly several times. In the background of one shot you can see that the rest of the group, including Alex, has stopped and is watching. Also when they got back to the Abigail and were arguing about what to do, several of the characters' names were used so Alex would have info about them that Alicia might not have disclosed.

When Alicia is asked by Salazar how they know their names I do not see any way to interpret that other than that they have info about the group beyond what Alicia told them. I do not see how Alicia could be lying about that, it would make absolutely zero sense from a storytelling standpoint. Its not so much that she has no reason to lie, its that the show has no reason to bring this up unless she's telling the truth. We already know that Alicia's actions led them to the Abigail and gave them intel about them. So what is the point of Salazar, a very perceptive character, picking up a clue about his captors' level of knowledge about them? I think it is very obvious foreshadowing that some events happened off camera and Alex being captured is a very plausible explanation.