Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alex

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by Neuropyramidal, May 1, 2016.

1. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I still gotta doubt that Alex - with a one minute intelligence survey of the ABIGAIL - provided anything more than "They went thataway" upon her captors.

I mean - really - Alicia's blabbing for hours on the radio, but it's ALEX that provides intel?!!

Nope. Don't buy that. I know Alex is some medical lab tech who saw the virus' development, but I also know she 'escaped' that situation too late to really escape. However astute she is, she's not a zenith of reasoning.

By the way... don't check "Alex's" IMDB page for casting jobs. Don't notice that Season 2 has 15 episodes but Michelle's credits don't quite make it that far. Whatever you do - don't check.

2. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Yeah it's likely they have her. But I do wonder what makes her she give up their names. I don't know if I'd see her telling them anything if they killed Jake but I could if they offered to help Jake

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

well she is adrift in the ocean, so I'd imagine if they offer her any assistance, she would be willing to trade info. She at least knew how many she saw and that they were headed to San Diego. So she knew the direction they took. At this point, I think it's safe to assume she would do whatever she could to survive, and she certainly doesn't owe any loyalty to Strand and crew.

4. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

THIS is the big problem our cast faces. They don't know she's killed a couple of raftmates defending Burn Boy. They don't know she can be a tigress when she wants to be. And I think her one closing comment to the Abigail's cast - "I can't believe you're debating this (the boy's life)" is going to be a refrain we'll hear about. All the long sad looks from Travis and the pleadings for better treatment... well... karma, baby, karma.

If she's get rid of some of the Whiny's - boy, that's be a great treat for me, out in the audience! Let's move this thing along, writers!

5. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I disagree... like alot. Remember what happened when they were arguing about whether to let Alex on the boat or not. They get into a big disagreement about what their plan is and where they are even going and that's when Strand's safe spot in Mexico is discussed...all right in front of Alex. The fact that this group might have a secure location to survive the end of the world is some pretty good intel. Its the kind of intel that makes the Abigail an even bigger target for the pirates than before. We know Alex is with the pirates, its pretty obvious after you look her up on IMDB and just read the synopsis for the next episode. Either she is captured by them or believes she is saved by them. Either way what she knows about the group makes them the ultimate target.

#25 Adam Poole, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  6. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Yes, I understand BUT I also remember what they were arguing about.

It wasn't "What's your role onboard ship?"

"What's your full name and SSN?"

"What color are your eyes?"

I remember that Alex has killed two raftmates to save Burn Boy. I remember she has demonstrated THAT as her primary concern thus far.

NOT taking notes. NOT taking roll-call. NOT taking lunch orders like a waitress.

It was, "You can't be SERIOUSLY debating this (life & death issue)?!!" That was HER comment.

That's what I remember - her actual focus was the subject of the conversation - not photo-ID'ing and googling names. She'd killed two people protecting Burn Boy, yet now we have a debate over how deeply interested she was in gathering intel over names, ages, heights, weight?

Hmmm... I don't buy it. She's facing life & death all over again, and forum writers think she's collecting intel?!! THAT is her concern?!! Hmmm - nothing will convince me of that because SHE SAID something far far different.

But you don't agree? Why not?

What part of "I can't believe you're debating this" is indicating she has some greater focus on retaining names, dates, places, GPS coordinates, etc?

Did she give some look as The Abigail sailed off, like "I'm gonna git you fer this, Mr. Christian"?!! I mean - she could've. Laughton did. Of course, he'd been taking roll call for his entire voyage.

AND WHY IS ANY VALUE BEING PLACED ON THE ROLL-CALL ITSELF?!! I don't get THAT, either. This is, like, Helsinki Hostage Rule #2 - 'make the hostages believe you have far more info and thus far more control.' It's a mind-game. It's the hostage-taker's version of "I'm gonna tell yer mommy! nyah nyah nyah")

#26 Cbcw76, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  7. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

You are over thinking this. She stood there watching them all fight over her fate and she had the opportunity to see that it was a very nice boat, get a feel for how many people were on board, and overheard that they have a secure place on land to go. Whatever the circumstances turn out to be, we know that she gets picked up by the pirates so its hardly a stretch that they will ask her some questions and she will tell them what little she knows.

The pirates didn't say anything about their heights, weight, or social security numbers. They named Nick which Alicia says she never told them. If you call that intel ok but that's not what the show is trying to convey. They are showing that the pirates have encountered someone that the group has come across before... right before an episode that says in the synopsis that they will "meets a familiar face." It seems strange to assume that Alicia is lying and the entire exchange about them knowing Nick's name are all throw away lines in there for literally no reason at all, when they are practically beating us over the head with the alternative that they have Alex with them and that she at least told them Nick's name.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why these two things [focusing on protecting Jake, and paying attention to information in conversations] would be mutually exclusive. In fact, in a situation such as hers, I would argue that paying very close attention to the conversations of strangers would be beneficial to helping herself and Jake survive.

If you watch those scenes, in just the few minutes that Alex was on screen, the names of just about every single character were spoken in dialogue in front of Alex [with the beach and the yacht scenes combined]. Nick's name was spoken something like 6 or 7 times total. When Strand addressed Travis, he made a point to start his sentence saying "Travis, I don't agree with that." And they made a point of discussing details of their destination, with long pauses in between, while Alex listened. I think Alex is the reason the pirates know their names. Is it true that in real life, the majority of people would not remember the names in so much detail.. yes, probably. But that doesn't mean Alex won't. She's perceptive. In her situation it was not like taking orders as a waitress...it was being smart and paying attention to who and what was around her.

9. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Yet, in your mind, these tense life & death conversations with snippets of names far outweigh a prolonged conversation with someone calmly over a radio?!!

REALLY?!!

When the gun's figuratively pointed at one's head, I think "names of those pulling the trigger" is a far less important issue that "Will they or won't they pull it?"

But you don't agree? You think you'd soak in all those names first and foremost - DESPITE what she said - "You're really debating this?!!"

I mean, she did NOT say, "You Travis... you Strand, you Madison, you Merle, you Guv... are really debating this?!!" No. She did not.

Fine. I think all necessary intel was far more reliably gathered during a radio conversation.

WHY IS THAT IMPORTANT, THOUGH? Jeez louise... or, Luis...

:zombies_blush:

And Adam, if you claim I'm "over thinking", then why are YOU responding at all? Seems like YOU are the one deserving of your own criticism.

#29 Cbcw76, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  10. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I responded because this is a place to discuss theories about the show. Lighten up.

No one is even arguing with any of that. Yes the pirates got 99.9999% of their intel through their radio discussions with Alicia. That is what they do to find targets and get the one up on them. The show set that up very obviously. That is all irrelevant though. This episode contained a blatant setup for the following week and that is that the pirates have encountered someone from the groups' past. They chose to set that up through a very small snippet of information, a name, that could have been picked up in passing by Alex. That is all.

You are making a big deal out of what Alex DIDN'T say and intentionally ignoring what Alicia DID say. She is asked point blank and denies telling them Nick's name yet they know it anyway. Dun...dun...dun... tune in next week to find out why. That is what tv shows do.

It is worth pointing out that despite everything Alicia may have told the pirates over the radio, she didn't tell them the most important information of all, which is that they have a potential safe haven in Mexico. We know she didn't tell them because she did not know it herself until it was revealed in front of everyone, including Alex. We know that Alicia has not spoken to the pirates on the radio since then. But Alex has had the opportunity. That opens up alot of plot lines for the show if the pirates learn this.

#30 Adam Poole, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Poppy

Poppy Member

I must be missing something. Wasn't most of the crew on the beach with Alex when they were all fighting off the walking dead? Then they road off in the dingy to get the kid and her raft. Certainly there was time to get to know one another a little bit.