Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alicia Clark thread

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 1' started by Morgotha, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

OK, I like her as a character so far, the bright, going to Berkeley high school student, next in line after Nick, the junkie, Clark, and a bit motherly, if reluctantly. A good kid. However,

Who, exactly, told her that it was even REMOTELY acceptable to walk down the middle of a street wearing headphones, and so oblivious to the world she couldn't hear a skateboarder until they were right on top of her? Didn't her mother ever say, "hey! Get out of the street!" once in her whole life?

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Just not digging her vibe at all.

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I did this, this morning.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I can't wait to tell that gal at work that the rest of you refer to Alicia as Little Miss Asshole.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's a pretty good term for someone going to Berkeley. It's a very competitive environment, and just about everybody there was near the top of their high school class. A person needs a thick skin to survive.

5. Hope the Savior

Huh.. [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] and I created that moniker for her, and I find that sort of funny given that I graduated from Berkeley's "rival."

6. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Exactly! They say that "nobody walks in LA", and while that's not exactly true, it's pretty darn true that nobody WALKS DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! Especially when there are sidewalks on both sides of the street. Even in residential neighborhoods you'd be taking your life in your hands doing that.

7. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

This thread is off to a great start so far. I wonder why.

8. Eternal

Eternal Member

I'm on the fence with her. I like her relationship with Nick, but she also rubs me the wrong way, the way a bratty teenager would. I'll have to see more of her to really cement my opinion though.

9. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I'm pissed that the BF didn't turn and eat her.

10. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

But I think we're supposed to assume he got his parents, so he wasn't totally useless.

11. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

While I can't argue that, there is a points system here. Killing an annoying, bratty teenager that makes a person want to take a crowbar to their head is like the big one. 1000 points. Well, we will go 900 on this one since she didn't sing. Off screen redshirts that we never meet will probably give 50 points each.

12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think she has potential.
    I'm not sure I would use the word bratty, but she does have attitude. She's a teenager and she's a teenager with a long time addict for a brother. If you've ever dealt with an addict, no matter how much you love the person, it becomes old having the constant disruption to your life, the worry, the guilt, the toll it takes on you and your family. It can breed a lot of resentment.

13. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Well, Alicia's smart. We know that from intending to /going to Berkeley. The question is, what is she smart about ? Anything possibly helpful in a ZA like chemistry, biology, medicine, other sciences ? Only one we've learned so far is Spanish, which will be helpful when they run into latinos, but any of the Salazar's would have that covered.

Now, some in TWD were / are smart with book larnin' ...like Andrea was. Andrea developed other skills, but one could surmise that her background as a civil rights attorney at least partially led to her demise.
    Deanna and Reg are /were intelligent professionals with mixed results.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Book larnin'..? I'm from Ohio , we don't need no fancy book larnin' and we shore nuff don't savvy no foreign lingo...
    lol, just kidding
    Not really.
    In my hood, deep in the heart of flyover country, if a guy took to attacking a lady in her front yard, I can think of at least 2 other neighbors that would have grabbed their shot gun and headed over...scary and yet reassuring all at the same time...

15. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

There is still time

16. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Now she's going to Walker university.

17. TROR

TROR Member

I just assumed his parents were already dead and that's why they were never answering their phone. Reminded me of something else Walking Dead related.

I think a big reason people don't like Alicia, however, is the same reason a lot of people don't like Carl: she's written realistically. She's a teenage girl with an addict for a brother. That can cause some stress. I'm interested to see where she, and the rest of the characters, end up going.

18. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I like her. I think she's going to be able to think quickly on her feet in addition to being book smart. So far she seems intelligent, brave, and very nurturing. Sure, she may come off as less than pleasant sometimes but what teenager doesn't? She does seem old enough to be able to drop that teenage ridiculousness fairly quick once survival becomes an absolute priority. She super bitter at Nick but will take care of him without letting any of that get in the way. That is a good sign for her character.

19. Hope the Savior

Alicia does have a little too much sass, but I agree that once she learns what's happening, she will adapt and probably be viewed more favorably by the audience.

Also, is your sig from Mr. Robot​?

20. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Yes it is. For some reason I felt the need to loop Elliot drinking starbucks forever.