Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alicia Clark thread

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 1' started by Morgotha, Aug 31, 2015.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. This show is playing upon the audience's expectations because we've seen the main show and are privy to facts the characters aren't. There are tons of instances of dramatic irony, like when Madison tells Tobias the authorities would warn them if something bad is happening. When Alicia leaves the house to check on Matt, we are supposed to be at the edges of our seats yelling, "Stay in the house! Don't pull a Carl!" The characters are simply ignorant of what is to come.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Ugh, on my phone. I meant to add that the way Alicia is acting is serving a purpose: to create suspense. Maybe a situation will come about next episode that's caused by Madison's keeping her in the dark.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Then the actress is doing an excellent job playing a future Berkeley student, if she elicited such a visceral-yet-subconscious reaction in a Stanford person.

4. Screaminleeman

So is Bethe Coriea going to have Rhonda Rousey arrested for KTFO'ing her punching her in that ugly female mug?

5. Hope the Savior

Well, I wrote that I understood her frustrations, all of which we both noted. And while I sympathized with her in that moment, I also felt that she was a bit of an a$$hole.

When Matt called her “Little Asshole” in the first episode, I wondered why. While watching the second episode, I had to admit that his term for her was sometimes apropos.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Oh, heavens no. Perhaps I should have specified: hitting a woman is never legal as long as a man does it. If a woman hits another woman, it's encouraged that jello is added to the mix.

7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

She seems like your typical, arrogant, little sister to me.

She'll either slowly come to grips with the new reality and snap into it, or she'll just become another Amy.

As far as her boyfriend goes, I speculate over the idea that he might've been cheating on her.
    Finds his other girlfriend, she's actually dead and turned, he doesn't know this and gets too close for a snuggle and gets the chomp prize!!
    Or some random shambler did him in just as well.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I've honestly got no idea where the idea that she's arrgoant or bitchy is coming from. It seems a few people feel this way but it makes no sense to me at all.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Same here.
    It is funny how people react to characters and see entirely different things.

10. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

11. Eternal

Eternal Member

Still don't know what to think of her, right now she's in the neutral category for me. I'm leaning more towards liking her so far though.

12. filthyastronaut

Seen a lot of complaints about her, but while she is clearly an angsty teenage girl, she defies the usual caricature that's in the movies. A much more realistic take and she comes across as actually intelligent. Love how real most of these characters feel.

If say, Beth, as the token teenage girl of the main series was portrayed more like Alicia, I may not have despised her. I actually see a lot of similarities between Alicia and Enid as well. Similar attitude, with Enid obviously being more adapted to the apocalypse.