Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alicia

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by Neuropyramidal, May 1, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Last episode, Salazar let himself get overpowered by a hostage, even though he had his gun trained on him. He did nothing to try to subdue the pirates, even though he had the upper hand on them, with guns trained on them. These characters, while smart in some ways, still have a long ways to go.

2. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I think she has a plan ,I dont think she knows exactly what that is but She looks to be playing him . At least I hope she is

3. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Salazar had a gun but others had more guns trained on more people. The fact that he didn't blast away showed he wasn't willing to sacrifice or risk sacrificing everyone - his own daughter included - means something. I dunno what! Maybe he's considering these more of a family than not? Maybe he acknowledges that he needs to keep more folks alive in His Group than fewer? "We don't need Strand," he said so we know he's willing to sacrifice him.

And why oh why did Alicia make the bindings so good? Too bad IMDB lists her as surviving thru Episode 15.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

And yet Ricks gang done more "Noob" errors in the last 2 seasons than these gangs done in 1,5 season :) I also blame that on bad writing when they want to push the plot forward.

5. Neuropyramidal

He had a lot more options in between 'do nothing' and 'blast away' though. The two intruders didn't have guns out at that point, they were still playing innocent baby-daddy. He could have made them get down on the ground. Had people check their pockets. Had someone start tying them up. And especially not looked away from them to scold Andrea when he found out they were the bad guys lol.

But yeah, a lot of people have a lot of redeeming to do after this episode. ;)

#25 Neuropyramidal, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  6. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Yes, Salazar at the moment of his arrival had options and did nothing. An option, too. Had he been on watch, his first question should have been "What's a small craft doing this far out? We were tracked 2 days ago and here's a motor launch that shouldn't make 10 miles by itself much less with a load of screaming, waving people. Fire a warning shot."

Of course, he'd have discovered he was outgunned - pistol vs rifle - at that point, but so? They're obviously trying to come closer, and if he'd thought about it, he might have correctly assumed they wouldn't shoot up a potential treasure. So a pistol at close range isn't a great reply for a rifle, but the rifle wanted to get within pistol range. Not the other way around. By this time, Strand would be up and scream "Where's the ammo clip?" and maybe Salazar's confrontation with him could reach an answer.

Yes, lotsa redemption points are out there. Like double-bonus greenstamps. They should be getting that coffeetable after this!

7. Neuropyramidal

Well, that would be a different scenario than what actually happened. But that's not what happened. What happened was that Daniel, Travis, and Chris, all had guns raised, while the two intruders did not. They were not outgunned in any way. The gun Reed used was the gun he took away from Daniel, while Daniel wasn't looking. All they had to do was subdue them when they had the upper hand. They foolishly did not, and they paid for it.

8. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

@Neuropyramidal @Cbcw76

Both great comments on Salazar's failure at securing the situation. I think of everyone on board at that moment, he should have had his radar up on this. Didn't he earlier confess to being a participant in government sponsored torture and political cleansing (mass murder)?

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

She's gonna kill them all I bet. Can't wait to see it.

10. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Yeah. That'd be terrific. Of course, there's also chance she's gonna get Chris Hardwick killed.

11. yuke

yuke Member

I find the criticisms of Alicia to be disingenuous. Alicia can do no wrong.

12. hjaynexo

hjaynexo New Member

I don't understand how any of the bad guys could believe they can trust her haha... I mean it's her FAMILY. Are they stupid? She is obviously going to have alternative motives.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well when we see her in the preview she seems to be in a cage,so it does not look like they trust her to me?
    I have an idea that they pretty much trust her to be a toy for them.

14. hjaynexo

hjaynexo New Member

Ahhh I missed that! I knew it was strange how they seemed to have so much trust in her, we're up to episode 4 in the UK is that the same for elsewhere do you know?

15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it is the same everywhere otherwise you should not be stalking this forum probably!
    I don't know of the advertising is the same though,whether the previews are the same?

So far Alicia comes across as a stupid little girl and even if they trust here they would be wise not to trust her.

She did give up her own group without even realizing it so…….?

16. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Well, Alicia is pretty stupid, repeatedly.

But here we are what? Less than a month after the outbreak ? And we already have some criminal mastermind ( Connor ) organising a bunch of amateur pirates that look like they escaped from a Starbucks that are down with military tactics and weapons ?

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Not sure at all what you are saying here?
    Which military tactics and weapons are you talking about exactly?

The Bleeding Pregnant Women ploy is not in any military doctrine that I can imagine and they took weapons from our group during the ploy too.

Alicia is mostly the cause of them being targeted in the first place plain and simple regardless how far into the apocalypse this is.

18. guvuh

guvuh New Member

what a weenie she is.
    i hope they figure it out.

boy. she really makes me mad sometimes.

#38 guvuh, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  19. Znuts

Znuts Member

Alicia is taking much longer to pick up on things. She is one of the youngest on the cast and her life up to the last month or so, was probably pretty care free and it seems she was pretty naive. I think she will beat the learning curve and quickly wisen up and be able to think and act on her feet quicker and better. If she doesn't, she won't make it much longer being this reckless.