Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

All Around Terrible Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by RIPRV, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

c'mon! her emotion was THE SAME, pissed off, surly and whiney just now the "talkie" version, not the silent movie era version.

2. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

Hello Everyone. This is my first post on here. I just wanted to say that "SSSG" Is not totally unfounded in his initially being put off by the insight into next weeks episode. I too felt a small, "come on now, dont talk about spoilers" emotion when I first read the post that started this whole thing. I personally do not like having any expectations about the show because my own preconceptions ruin it for me. Example; I watched a behind the bonus feature about Season 3 before it aired. This bonus introduced the Governor before I ever heard of the Governor, and it told me that he was a new Villain. I wish I got to form my own opinion of him because TWD is great about making its characters multidimensional.

After Registering I read all the spoiler rules and discovered that the post in question did not, IMO, actually contain any spoilers by definition. It merely mentioned tipped its hat to others who may have read spoilers. I have absolutely no more information about 312 than previously (except that the author of the post is thankful for it). Its just that the mention of a spoiler in that context caused me to make an assumption that something exciting will happen next week and my own speculation is doing the rest. I am not saying its ok to even say anything about spoilers. I had a friend see an episode before I did and say, "You'll never believe what happens this episode. I wont say anything. You might think its sad, I didn't though." It was the last episode that Lil Ass Kicker was introduced. Needless to say, my anticipation lowered my surprise at the events that transpired and I was upset, even though no real information was spoiled. NEVERTHELESS, I do not think that any real spoilers were revealed in this post so far. But if it is still an issue, just let a Mod decide. Thats what they are here for. If they deem the post inappropriate, I'm sure they will take care of it.

3. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I love the show but I thought this episode was boring.

4. tummlykins

tummlykins New Member

I didn't think it was a terrible episode but I do think it was light enough that they could have easily taken most of the stuff that happened and put it into other episodes. I kind of liked that we got to see Andrea back. It was a long time coming, but the way her character is being written (and her denial of the situation is central to the conflict, so they've committed and can't do it any other way) makes all her scenes painful to watch until the resolution. Still, her reunion scene was nice, reflecting on how much has changed (Lori, Shane, T Dog, Hershal's leg, Kickass) was a unique opportunity, I don't think there will be many reunions in this world, so to have one was an interesting thing to watch.

The Michonne scene with Andrea was awesome, I needed the episode to be full of that, not just one of them (Merle, Maggie and Glenn could have said more to convince Andrea, she thinks Merle was only responsible, Glenn and Maggie can easily contest that). Andrea is in desperate need of a reality smack down, there is no reason to justify why it didn't hit harder than it did during this episode. Honestly, even with all its good points, the Andrea plot of TWD is probably one of the worst plots on TV this season, it's that bad.

The arrival of the prison refugees in Woodbury was just too convenient. It also seems weird that their group would be so quick to turn on two girls, a baby, a boy and an old man. As much as they think Rick is unhinged and as desperate as they would be to fit into the new town, it's crazy to me that they'd turn on the good people who did help them, even if they were sent on their way afterwards. Tyrese and Sasha previously rejected turning on the group (even if it was with the hope of safety) it seems weird they'd offer to help so willingly.

I liked character and plot development as much as the next guy, but I just think this episode was a bit light. Too much of this season is building up to a big fight at the prison or Woodbury, but I don't think there is enough content to justify stretching it out as long as they have. They seem to be paving the way there, but it's like the Sophia thing, it's taking too long. The prison plot was moving along great during the first half, the war with Woodbury is like a snail's pace (and the stupidity of Andrea is a symptom of this). Characters knowing things that others don't and not sharing them frustrates me (Michonne knowing about Andrea and not telling the group of people she must have realised were her friends, Merle not sharing much of what he did for the Governor). Even without the action, last episode had plenty of character development (Rick and Hershal talking about his crazy thing and admitting it's not real, Glenn and Merle developing backstory and exploring their relationship and differences, Carol and Axel exploring how much stronger and capable Carol is, Maggie and Glenn dealing with what happened in Woodbury), this episode had more Andrea being stupid (she went to the prison and still nothing changed), Hershal and Merle's Bible talk, some developments in Woodbury (raising an army, setting up some conflict with residents), Hershal telling Rick to lead, Carl telling Rick to step down, Merle's place with the prison group, Michonne fitting in better (enemy of my enemy, compared to Merle she is a loyal ally) and the other group conveniently winding up in Woodbury. I feel like most of this episode could have fitted into another episode, I don't think they utilised a whole episode very well just to show these scenes.

I think the reason this episode didn't work for me very well is because the Andrea plot was very heavy in it and that plot doesn't work for me at all. It's central to the season and build up for the final conflict (assuming there is one) but it's just done so poorly. I think she has the potential to be one of the show's strongest characters, they just aren't utilising that potential very well.

5. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

shirley!

6. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

..."In I Ain't A Judas there wasn't much action, when Andrea and Milton were chopping off the walkers arms and crushing it's jaw... BRUTAL, I liked that.

But really most of the other scenes are just character development, thank God for next episode (for those who have read the spoilers)."

Yes, you did state it would have action. You said s03e11 didn't have much action, so thank god for the next episode. Then proved it as fact, not your opinion, by adding "for those who have read the spoilers".

This is truly funny how you can't accept what you said. If something needs "for those who have read the spoilers" then It shouldn't be unmarked and open for everyone to see. How difficult is it really to follow the rules and use the spoiler tag? Shit, even just say "for those who have read the spoilers" before you say "thank god for the next episode" AKA "the next episode has much more action"

C'mon people, this really shouldn't be hard to grasp. I wanted to talk with my friends about what next weeks episode would be like, but now I know. It was told to me that it will be much more action packed and backed up by proof.

I do not like to watch the "next week" sneak peek, as I don't want to spoil anything, but the point is moot. They can choose to put whatever they want into that sneak peek. They can make a slow episode look fast, or and action based episode look slow. It is in no way a certainty. What you said IS a certainty.

Damn.

What is a Spoiler?
    A "spoiler" is an advance revelation of critical plot elements in a book, film, television show, or other form of entertainment media. Spoilers typically include information which readers, viewers, and listeners would be surprised by, if they had a chance to allow the plot to unfold naturally. For some people, this advance information can spoil an experience, hence the slang term “spoiler” to refer to such information.

It was revealed in advance that the next episode will have much more action, less character development. That is a critical plot element. I am surprised by that, as anyone who has not looked at spoilers would not know that, at least with certainty. This advanced information that the next episode is going to have much more action spoiled the experience of finding that out which would have unfolded naturally if it wasn't for you. Hence the slang term spoiler to refer to such information.

It is the definition of a spoiler according to this forum's provided definition. The case really is quite simple.

I'm not talking about what you think is exciting, it's about you revealing the next episode is going to be action based in advance.

7. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Oh, for god's sake, ripbongs, I'm starting to suspect that you are a troll. If you're so delicate that your expectations of the next episode are "spoiled" by someone suggesting that next week's episode might have more action than this week's episode then maybe you shouldn't be hanging around on a Walking Dead forum.

You're either a troll or autistic spectrum.

And you also claim to have read the comics. Geez, I bet you wish you could bleach your brain on that one because having read the comics must totally ruin your expectations of the tv show.

8. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

If it was a might, and not a confirmation, that would be completely different. Fact is it wasn't. And the comics are so incredibly different then the show, that they really can't be used to look ahead. At all. I mean, look at TV Tyreese...

I guess further clarification is needed, It wasn't a "might" or and "opinion", It was a fact that was stated.

Why would a troll want to move this argument to PMs? I am just defending myself in this thread. Hell I don't know how this is has been let to go on. I guess I am more used to more mature forums with much stricter rules.

9. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

The finale is going to be good. I'm sorry if I've ruined everything

10. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Haha, no way man. Who could've guessed?

That is very obvious, but what was not obvious was that the next episode was going to be action based. Yet now it is spoiled that it will be.

Also who is saying "everything" is ruined? It's knowing wether or not the next episode will be more character development or more action based that has been ruined.

#130 ripbongs420, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  11. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Why would a "normal" person want to move their argument to PMs? I've had some firey interchanges with people here but I've never PMed them, nor have they PMed me. PMing someone is taking it to another level of personal interchange that most people don't want to bother engaging in because they're not so personally invested in the fight. And I'm talking about disagreements that myself and other posters have had about gun control. You know, something that actually exists in the real world as an issue that personally affects people. You're talking about disagreements about what constitutes a spoiler when the consensus opinion of posters and mods was that the post WAS NOT A SPOILER.

If you've got something to say about TWD then start posting original threads.

12. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Well I wanted to take it to a PM because that is the protocol for other, stricter, forums I frequent. There, usually when an disagreement or argument starts, it is taken to PMs. Especially if it is off-topic. I thought that was how this forum worked as well. The mods in other forums would have stopped any talk about this much much further back in this thread. Obviously not how this forum works.

If anyone disagrees that it was in fact a spoiler, then you are disagreeing with what this forum defines as a spoiler. I feel the definition of spoiler and the rules laid out about them are pretty clear.

13. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Let's review Transformers 2. One reviewer might say "This is a white-knuckle action-adventure movie that takes it to the next level in terms of transformtastic visual effects. If you like to see robots hitting each other this is the movie for you." Another reviewer might say "This is a crappy, paint-by-the-numbers action movie that relies on the visual effects to make up for weak and confusing story telling. If you like to see robots hitting each other this is the movie for you."

Both of them are right, even if they have diametrically opposed views on the movie.

You're missing the point - everyone is telling you that the post was not a spoiler. Count 'em, Sheldon.

14. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

1. Transformers 2 has already came out. Next weeks episode has not.
    2. Those are opinions. What was stated about next weeks episode was fact.

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Just let it go already. It was not a spoiler. Time to move on.

Hell.....if anything, your avatar is more of a spoiler than the earlier comments. Some people in the world don't get to see the episodes as soon as the US....

16. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

I apologize Bassman, I really did want to let it go and move on much earlier. Alas it is difficult to not want to defend yourself. I suppose I am still getting the gist of this forum and its nuances in regard to the rules. I honestly would really appreciate it if you could PM me and further define what is considered a spoiler here, as it did upset me and am confused how it doesn't qualify.

I will change my avatar if you find it to be a spoiler, I just felt the few weeks has been time enough.

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Saying "Morgan Jones will have a very difficult time and eventually not be able to put down his wife in the first episode!" is a spoiler.

Saying "some emotional stuff happens in the first episode!" is not a spoiler.

18. highway234

highway234 Member

Who's not sick of the endless spoiler debate? jeez. just agree to disagree already.

19. Sixfootbrunette

I can't say I enjoyed it. Even my boyfriend fell asleep during it which is not like him!!

I just think it's going too slow now and there isn't enough action. I know there will come times when there aren't walkers in every corner but I just thought the second half of the season would be eventful for a lead up to season four.

20. Dead man walking

Nope, they just need to accelerate things more. I stand by my opinion that in reality the shows are just too short to pack enough in anyway. It works out a roughly what 36 or 37 minutes per episode, I can't walk my dog in that time.