Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

All Around Terrible Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by RIPRV, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

I do desperately wish it was a full hour show like shameless and such. They just can get so much more in there. I can only imagine how much commercials would ruin the TWD experience. I've never watched it live for that reason itself.

2. Dead man walking

I agree absolutely. I discovered TWd only when Season 3 started so I watched all seasons 1 and 2 pretty much back to back which was awesome and much better. Now I download and watch two episodes back to back as result so at least I get some joy out of it. Sure I have to wait a couple of weeks in between but I would be far more frustrated if I had to watch it live, 1 episode at a time with a host of ads in between. I've been busy these past weeks so now I have 3 episodes to watch on Friday night, back to back. It will probably feel like 1 episode in advancement though.

3. Dead man walking

I'm afraid you have to accept that there really isn't much maturity on here mate.. like zombies most of em..

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

42-45 minutes. The same as most non-premium cable "hour long slots".

Shameless is on Showtime, correct? That's a premium network that receives it's income from the payments of the premium service. AMC is not a premium network and relies on commercials for a large portion of it's income.

There's plenty of maturity and the issue has been settled. Please, no one bring up the spoiler issue. It's been handled and it's done. Let's allow this thread to progress without further derailings. Infractions will be handed out after this.

5. Dead man walking

I download mine, chop them and stitch them together into one long full DVD so that I can watch them solid back to back and I can tell you that most of the episodes are around 42 minutes max without the 'what happened last time, the intro music and the next episode preview'. However I can tell you there have been a few episodes which are actually shorter, perhaps the ads in between are longer, I don't know, perhaps even where I doenloaded them they missed a bit i don't really care, though i doubt that. But I was surprised that I have seen a few episodes at 36 or 37 minutes after I cut the beginning review, the intro music and the preview, which was disapponting. I have yet to see any episode over 42 minutes and a few seconds.

#145 Dead man walking, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  6. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Yeah it is on Showtime, and I understand they don't need commercials to make profit, I was just kind of imagining how much better the show would be if it was a true full hour and without commercials. One can dream right? Haha :zombies_lol:

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The pilot was seventy-something. :Grin:

Seriously though, the show's general length is the average for it's kind. It's not really any shorter than the others in it's category.

Sure, everyone would like more of each episode, like we see on the premium networks, but them's the breaks. Premium networks turned the show down, so AMC is where it's at. And they've done a damn fine job with it, if I do say so myself.

8. Dead man walking

Pilot? Still always have to have the last word I see :) That's genuine humour, I'm not serious. (although my smileys aren't working properly - what the hell?)

I agree 100% - it's a great show - can't argue, but like everything else that is good, we always want more. I get my fix like I said by waiting and watching a couple of episodes back to back before I stitch them - then I'm happy. Just means two weeks between viewing.

#148 Dead man walking, Feb 26, 2013
  9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I see you haven't read the comics. That's a phenomenal way to pass the time. They're better than the show.

10. Dead man walking

In Estonia we don't have them. Plus if I managed to get them online I think my wife would kick me out if she found them. She wouldn't understand an adult buying comics, then there's the risk my son would find them and he's way too young so not worth the risk - my wife won't even watch the show dammit.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I would agree with the kid not watching the show or reading the comics, but the comics are most certainly not for kids. These aren't the superhero comics of the old days. Things have changed and there are tons of comics made specifically for adults.

12. Dennis00Castro

I found that this episode was the best the series has done to date with handling most, if not all, of the characters.

They did an excellent job of character development to the point where the lack of any action pieces was not an issue. Not an exciting episode but a good character one.

These transitional character episodes along with the superior visual effects and action scenes are part of what sets this show apart.from shlocky Sy-Fy Channel fare.

Some you shouldn't quit your day jobs to become writers. You'd starve to death. LOL!

#152 Dennis00Castro, Feb 26, 2013
  13. RideTheSpiral

RideTheSpiral Member

I liked that Michonne was a little more dynamic in this episode but I am absolutely FURIOUS with what they are doing with Tyrese!

:hatchet:

14. highway234

highway234 Member

I think they're the perfect length, esp. since so many of them are de-facto two-parters, a lot of the story arcs come out to about 90-100 minutes, or a typical full length movie.

15. Dead man walking

Yeah, but women's minds don't work like that. In a women's head a comic is a comic.

16. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Yeah, I agreed. This episode was dull. I didn't like this episode.