Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

All Out War Part 2- Re-read discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 21: All Out War - Part 2' started by Tony Davis, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

#1 Tony Davis, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The tainted bolt storyline is even more proof for me that they shouldn't make Daryl-Dwight, there's no suspense

3. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I've heard that theory, and that's one of the numerous reasons I hope/think it won't happen. Wouldn't like it for Daryl's charachter. Daryl shouldn't join yet another enemy group (they already did this with Joe), or anyone from the group for that matter. We already sort of had that with Andrea being with The Governor. You're also spot on about the suspense factor. Part of what made Dwight interesting was not knowing for sure what his decisions were going to be.

On a side not, your sig is hypnotic. Spent five minutes just staring at it, lol.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yeah. I never liked the idea that Daryl would be Dwight, but that was just extra reason. Daryl BARELY left the group for his brother. I can't imagine something could ever happen to cause him to leave his new "brother." Much less shoot him in the guts.

and another thing, **** Dwight. Yeah, it wasnt a tainted bolt. So what? Why did he have to shoot Rick at all? Why not just miss and be like "see, I told you it would screw up my aim." I never liked Dwight. I still think killing abe was the unforgivable sin. Milton from TV had more balls than him.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I still liked this end to the war. Even after letting it sink in, I found that the "out of left field" conclusion was more akin to what one would expect in a conflict. Negan deserved to die, but it was truly too good for him. I hope he occupies his cell for a long time, unless he does wind up getting out and redeeming himself.

6. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

personally, I think one day they'll wish they'd killed him when they had the chance.

7. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Agreed, 100%. Dwight's trash. Like you said, he never had to shoot Rick, and he could have done much more damage with tha bolt, tainted or not, then I think he realized. I mean, for crying out loud, Negan was so hypnotized by the battle unfolding before him, not to mention so aroused by the fact that his nemesis was completely vulnerable with his back to him, that he never even would have noticed Dwight putting that bolt in his head instead of Ricks. But for some reason that though never occurred to Dwight? Yeah, right.

He was never a "double-agent" in the true sense of the word, all he was doing was selfishly playing both sides of the fence. That way, whatever happened, he would be on the winning side. Ideally, he just wanted Negan to fall so he could assume command of the Saviors, it never had anything to do with the righteousness of Rick's cause. He made that clear in #126 when he walked over to Rick and Negan and snatched up Lucille and staked his claim as their new leader. That pissed me off, not only because it totally proved Dwight was only ever out to help Dwight, but in my opinion, that damn baseball bat, is a war-trophy that Rick and the entire community of ASZ earned and deserved. They, fought, bled, and died in their efforts to slay the tyrant and his army, and had to suffer countless cruelties, attacks and even displacement. To the victor goes the spoils of war, and Dwight never did a damn thing to truly contribute to Rick's hard-fought, and hard-earned victory. That bat should be displayed in the center of ASZ as a constant reminder of all they've endured and how far they've come, and will continue to go.

Dwight has been, and always will be trash in my book.

8. HondaS2kXD

Agreed. Not a double agent working for a just cause. Just a snake, playing both sides of the fence. And doing it poorly, at that.

even if he'd dipped the bolt in hand sanitizer before loading it onto the crossbow, the very process of firing could have a caused the bolt to pick up bits of zombie left behind by previous bolts. So, personally, I think Rick surviving was probably the most obvious display of plot armor since Carl got shot. He could easily have missed and left it at that. Hell, as I said, I think even Milton would've had the balls to shoot him in the face.

And I'm sort of indifferent about Lucille. It'd be nice to have kept as a sort of "f you" to negan. Or, they could have negan on death row and display Lucille outside his cell-- as a reminder that after spending several to years behind bars, it would be how he'd meet his bitter end.

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Now remember; Dwight may have had selfish reasons for doing the things he did, but he did have a nobler reason for perusing this path. Like Rick, Dwight did the things he did for the one he loved- His Wife- who had been taken as a concubine by Negan. I am sure this was never what Dwight intended to happen, and could not find another way to resolve this.

10. HondaS2kXD

Meh. Still. He could've done things better. And I STILL say short of singlehandedly saving Rick or Carl, nothing could make up for killing Abe.

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

On that we are in perfect agreement. But if I were in his shoes, I would have taken out the big guy first too. But I was still stunned for a week after that, and kept doing mental gymnastics to figure out how Abe would be back... :(

12. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I just re-read all the comics through all out war (minus a few I owned on a Kindle I don't have any more)...but, I really love the AOW arc...It will make for a great season or so of TV.

And, honestly, reading the Whisperers storyline a second time (so far to what is released in volumes), I think it can still work on TV. So, I do hope they continue the show past AOW now...