Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alone or in a group?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Kana Royalty, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

As hard as it would be for me to trust people outside of my family & friends, I would want to be part of a group that works together and protects one another.

2. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

Edit: I made a few posts to this section of the forum then saw the post dates. This is one dead section of forum.

I see lots of people saying they'll go it alone. Do you know what plants and fungi where you live are beneficial, edible or poisonous? Or do you have a book letting you identify said plants/fungi?
    One of those is a required survival item. Eat the wrong berries and you're dead. Misidentify a mushroom as an edible one and you're dead.
    A survival guide (I remember getting the SAS survival guide as a birthday gift over a decade ago, when I was 13 or so; super handy) is also required, unless you know how to build shelters, start a fire, make cordage, trap animals, stitch wounds, filter and purify water, etc you'll want a military survival guide too.

Groups are useful as one person can be assigned to cooking, one can be assigned to hunting and one assigned to keeping watch, you can rotate jobs, naturally. Doing all these tasks by yourself will deprive you of sleep, which slows your reactions down which could ultimately lead to your death. A group of 3, or 4 is a good size, the idea of a lone survivor is more of a TV thing, one especially rainy and cold winter and you're done for; especially if you have a permanent shelter and depleted the game animals in the area through the summer.

It's not just the walkers that'll get you. It's scurvy, cholera, dysentery, normal diarrhoea following food poisoning, if you're in a group and start to get sick or you break your ankle by stepping into a hole on rough terrain (which is extremely common amongst hikers), you have your group to help get you back on your feet based on the trust that you would do it for them. If you end up badly injured or very ill on your own your survival chance plummets.

I would go with a small group that I could trust. Probably no more than 6.