Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alpha's first kill

Discussion in 'Episode 910 - Omega' started by bula412, Feb 17, 2019.

1. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I'm just getting into the episode due to work commitments but could someone explain to me how alpha killed that guy by covering his mouth in the flashback. I mean, she was being very aggressive and covering his mouth but you kind of just hear a crack and the dudes dead. No offense but I just don't buy someone dying in that situation. I rewinded thinking that maybe she slammed his head into the concrete or maybe there was something else I missed. There wasn't. she did nothing more then supply heavy pressure to his mouth. didn't even cover his nose so it's not like she smothered him. I've overlooked a lot of shit on this show but this one really stuck on me for some reason. can anyone else talk me off this cliff and convince me that this was in anyway believable?

(Yes I know you are supposed to suspend "belief" when watching a show about zombies but they easily could have made this more convincing)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well I think the idea is that it was not how it actually happened. That was the retooled version that Alpha told Lydia to confuse her about events. Alpha told the story to Lydia as if it was an accident, when in reality she must have done something more deliberate to kill him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I guess I can kind of see that (I wrote the original post while still actively watching) but it wouldn't have been too difficult of a task to make it seem like an accident AND make the scene somewhat more believable. Maybe you could even twist it up saying that the death was believable to a child but if that's the case they might be trying a little too hard to add some complexity to the story. Simplicity sometimes works just as well

4. Neuropyramidal

I actually thought it worked pretty well. They were dropping little hints to us that things were amiss. This strange death by Alpha's hands. The fact that first Alpha had the Lydia tattoo but then Frank did. Frank shaved his beard but then it was back again. All hints.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

If you watch close, while one hand is over his mouth, her other forearm is on his throat. The crack was, I assume, his larynx.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That scene certainly was a bit wtf'y

I can believe that someone pumped up on adrenaline, and tired of being abused as she was... Put just a little too much pressure on this one individual she considered to be the supreme idiot of the day, and ooops! But then once it happened it also dawned on her that it wasn't too terribly difficult and I could see then she was a natural born killer.

7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I thought I saw Alpha's other arm pushing down hard on the guys neck choking him out/ crushing his windpipe.

Once he died when she removed her hand from his mouth you could kind of see it.

Edit: someone beat me to it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

How come that guy was not putting up a fight when he was pressed down on the floor by Alpha? I suppose his windpipe was crushed right at the moment he fell?

Anyway, I think it was 'day 23' or something and so it was only a few weeks into ZA and Alpha has already 'degenerated' into a killer? Or, more likely, she was already an aggressive (and perhaps violent?) woman even before the ZA?
    And, I think she was the 'dominant' person of her marriage. For one thing, she was able to 'force' her husband to grow a beard. He did not like it but grew it as she was the one liking it. Or, was this part an imagination of Lydia?
    (I wonder if Alpha would fall for Aaron if she loves a beard or if Alpha would hate Aaron as his beard reminded her of her husband?)

9. Neuropyramidal

It would appear that the beard thing was actually part of the false narrative that Alpha told to Lydia. Frank never shaved his beard, in reality. It was Alpha who shaved her hair.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just Lydia having a messed up mind. I mean, she loves her dad and so she is 'subconsciously' projecting her memory of her dad (eg his tattoo on his upper arm) onto her mom, and also justifying her mom's head shaving by imagining her dad's beard shaving off. So, to a certain degree, she is trying to accept her mom (and her behaviour) by creating an equivalent act of her dad.
    I wonder if Lydia's mind is as screwed up as Lizzie's.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is very helpful. What should have been clues to me, confused me. Now that I understand we were watching Lydia's memories untangling, that was an excellent sequence.

Re Carol shaving her head, you guys have always said it was because of Ed, but this is the first time I have heard it stated on the show. I like that they acknowledged it, both for myself and for all of the people out there watching TWD without the benefit of chatting with all of you smart people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We do see that at this point it is day 43. Not a huge difference in terms of days, but living in close quarters, under that type of pressure I would think that the string that tethers most of us to our humanistic nature would be strained. Put a person who is more than likely violent or aggressive by nature in that same scenario, it would not take much to tip the scales

• Like Like x 3
  13. HungryZombie

I like the nod to "23 Days later" used in the episode.

14. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I agree with Neuro, I don't believe any of the memories are real until the last one when psychopath Alpha appears.

15. yuke

yuke Member

oh did i miss it? what was it?

16. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Not sure what is meant by the "23 days later" comment. Wasn't it showing 23 days and then 43 days?

17. HungryZombie

The sign said "23 Days" in the basement. I can't imagine they chose that randomly.

18. HungryZombie

I don't recall 43 days but I surely saw 23 days. I can't imagine that was a random number they chose and it triggered my brain immediately. Though I suppose it could be a coincidence.

19. Neuropyramidal

But the movie is called 28 Days Later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

First we saw 23 days and then later in the episode it was at 43 days

Isn't the movie called 28 Days Later?

• Like Like x 2