Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am i going soft in my old(middle) age.......

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by gavuk, Dec 3, 2011.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

Watched the last episode of series 2 (well first half of series 2 anyway) in UK last eve (cause thats where i live) and my question is

Was i the only person left feeling quite emotional at the closing scene?

2. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

Definitely not. I'm also in the UK but have already seen it online and still found it v emotional. Scenes like this never used to bother me but whether it is a sign of getting on a bit or having kids but found it v upsetting (despite already seeing it!). At least it looks like it is coming back at the same time as the US.

3. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

It was very moving. I had actually read the episode summary (with all the spoilers) ahead of time, but actually seeing it was still a difficult experience. Everyone involved should get awards.

4. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Nope. I would have got emotional at that scene whether I was middle aged or a teenager. But then I got weepy when Amy and Jim "died" too. Damn that Kirkman!

5. Wesker

Wesker Member

Very emotional scene, even after seeing it several times, it was still pretty moving. Remember when Rick said he needed to find Sophia because he looked her in the eyes and promised she'd be OK...well...he looked her in the eyes again.....

6. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Wesker, you're making me tear up again.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Naw... your in good company :Grin:

8. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

I'm sure most of the people who watched that scene felt some emotion. If you didn't after the reactions they had.....there's something wrong with you! lol The actors should definitely get some kind of award for their work on the show, if not for that scene.

9. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

i seen that last part like 5 times and i still get all teary eyed.

10. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

Same with me. I don't think that scene will ever not be sad to watch.

11. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

The acting throughout has been consistently good! While Lori is painful to watch sometimes with her wooden "I'm so shocked" routines/poses, a couple of scenes besides the barn I found quite good as far as acting. My #3 is Lori holding Carl and telling him not to watch when Sophia comes out of the barn (that & the scene where she tells Carl his Dad has been shot...so it probably has more to do with the kid Carl's thespian skills than Lori's ...but she is in both scenes so I will give her some props even though I ain't a big Lori fan!!). My #2 (is where Daryl shoots the walker that attacked Andrea in the woods telling him to shut up...the part I found as good acting was how Carol jumped/hid behind Glenn after observing this, and Glenn having to soak all this in (good stuff!). #1 is the death of Amy and Andrea holding her & trying to deal with her emotions...good acting, not too over the top but VERY realistic!!

Honorable mention goes to Daryl/Norman Reedus (once again...this guy rocks!!) when he tries to part Dr. Jenner's hair with an axe, funny as hell but so totally believable & realistic reaction!

#11 STRINGS, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  12. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

understood, sophia's last scene is quite emotional part

13. Zombie Hunter 87

I was left very emotional seeing the end scene too, as soon as Sophia stepped out of the barn, and her mom came running and Daryl stopped her, I was completely heart broken especially after everything they did to try find her.