Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am I the only one who dislikes Glenn?

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by wolffe, Oct 29, 2013.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

Throughout the series I have disliked Glenn's character. Why?

He's generally submissive, unsure of himself, unsure of what to do, and doesn't much trust his own judgement. I'm not saying he's got to be some macho man, but I think part of being a man is to be someone who can make decisions, lead, protect and provide safety.

He should be strong for Maggie, instill in her a sense of safety and security when shes with him. Instead he usually bumbles on, like hes on the fence about every single thing.

He's constantly looking for re-assurance from hershel and others like he is a child. Even in the few parts where he tries to act tough, based on the previous knowledge of who he actually is, he just looks awkward.

Then again I find the glenn + maggie relationship so forced I barely pay attention to it. Sex at the pharmacy and now suddenly soulmates?

#1 wolffe, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sparky

Sparky Member

I liked Glen during the first season and a half of the series until he became a lame p*ss*wipped to Maggie character. The scenes of him and Maggie are lame and slows the pacing down of the show. The only way to fix it is to either kill Glen or kill Maggie or do whatever it takes to separate them.

3. misspink789

misspink789 Member

Yea ur the only one :p

4. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

lol, a lot of people dislike him, I don't... really, but he was way better the first seasons, the relationship with Maggie is ruining this character...

5. misspink789

misspink789 Member

I was kidding >.>

6. misspink789

misspink789 Member

7. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I know.

8. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Glenn has evolved a great deal since he was taken prisoner by Merle. He is no longer the geek from season 1 that was only good for grabbing supplies in town.

I don't understand the hate that fans have for Maggie and Glenn's relationship. With a show as dark as TWD, the beauty of their love is a reminder of what makes us human. People still need to live in ZA, and this includes falling in love.

#8 Monty70, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  9. misspink789

misspink789 Member

Lol sorry my bad

10. Sparky

Sparky Member

That's pretty much what I said.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I highly disagree the relationship is forced or ruining either character. They act how I figure someone in love would in this world and it's territory uncovered.

However I understand why some people could dislike Glenn even though I disagree. I do find it curious no one ever posted any of this prior to between season's 3 and 4.

12. inkbaby

inkbaby Member

He's not always the first to fight, but he steps up when he has to.

13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

That incident certainly changed him. I think he definitely tried to fulfill the leadership role (while Rick was hallucinating & Daryl jumped ship with Merle) as best he could. We saw him full of rage for what the Gov did to Maggie, which was a complete deviation from happy go lucky Glenn. I think we also saw how strongly he cared for the group, not just Maggie, with his references to family, being worried about Carl, trying to get Rick out of the tombs etc. I thought it all enhanced his character. It didn't necessarily make him the smartest thinker in time of crisis, but it showed his willingness to save his "family."

I still like him. I just don't think S4 has really given him much screen time to dissuade my affinity for Glenn.

14. Sparky

Sparky Member

the beauty of their love?????

What are you a chick? No offense but I'm in it to watch a post apocalyptic drama and Zombie action. If I wanted to watch a lame love story, I'd rent a chick flick. Glen and Maggie's relationship are ruining both the characters and the pacing on the show.

15. cpump

cpump Member

Hes alright but it wouldnt bother me to see him go

16. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I just don't care about him anymore, in the first 2 season I really liked him but this tough guy image doesn't do it for me on Glenn. I can't say I hate him because he's still part of the family but I just lost my interest on the character.

17. tallahasseehero

I always have and still do like Glenn. I think the evolution of his character, from geeky loner to a leader has been interesting. I also like his relationship with Maggie.

I do think Glenn is tough but his best feature is that he is smart and cunning. It has helped the group a lot since the beginning. he hasn't done too much this season, but it will be interesting to see what happens with him now that he is sick.

18. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

He was one of my favorite characters during Season 1 but I lost interest in the character when he got laid in the pharmacy. Then I liked his development when he was kidnapped by Merle but that stopped when he got laid again.

I don't care for his sex life and either Maggie or Glenn need to die.

19. Sparky

Sparky Member

That's pretty much what I said.

20. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I liked him in some scenes, especially the walker kill scene in Woodburry and the 2 Walkers vs Glenn scene in the Big Spot. But I think he keeps Maggie down. Maggie could be the comic Andrea, but Glenn wouldn't let her be like that. So, if the flu kills him, rest in peace, but she's better of without him.v