Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am I The only one who liked RickxJessie

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Lars, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Tell that to someone who's gone through a "divorce".

2. Morgotha

That's why I'm so surprised people seem upset that Pete would want to fight to keep Jessie away from Rick. What kind of man would he be if he just rolled over and let Rick court her right in front of his face? Not one anyone would respect.

3. Steppin' Razor

I mean, to the two people who are married I guess it's official, but like... I dunno, to everyone else and if I was in that situation I feel like it'd mean nothing. It's like cops in the apocalypse who still think they have authority over people cuz they used to be a cop. Like, no, that don't mean shit anymore, every man for himself! Lol, I dunno

4. Morgotha

Well, it means something to me. And as a piece of advice, when the ZA comes you'd better keep away from my house, because I'll go Carol on your butt so fast you won't know what hit you. LOL.... kind of....

5. Steppin' Razor

You get what I mean though right, like I'm making some sense at least, lol?

6. Morgotha

I understand what you mean, but I just disagree that everything is all loosey goosey now. There's a reason the police say the most scary situation they go to is a domestic quarrel. Love and possessiveness can create a scary mess, and someone trying to break up a couple should be prepared for the worst. I think that's true now, and will be even more so in a lawless situation like a ZA would be.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think it's funny too. Rick has committed cold blooded murder countless times, and he's amazing for it. And no not all of the incidents were self defense. But adultery? That's a heinous crime only punishable by one thousand deaths. Adultery isn't cool but he's done much worse things in this show.

In today's laws, if you beheaded a murder suspect (Terminus people) you would go to jail, and probably be charged for murder - but if you slept with a married woman there's not even a law against it. It's clear, that even by NON ZA standards, this pales in comparison to what Rick has done.

By ZA standards, there are no laws and so far the only morals Rick has shown is protect your own family. Sleeping with someone from someone elses family doesn't break what his moral code has shown to be in the ZA. So whether it's "right" or "wrong" is up to each person to decide, but he's definitely in character, as his character has shown very little respect to outsiders which is what he still considers Alexandrians to be.

#47 Spidey, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  8. Screaminleeman

Because than many would say that TWD is copying off the (how do I put this gently) less than equal caliber currently running zombie apocalypse series Z-Nation.

The WM+BW storyline plaid out there first. I also am not a big year(s) of casual relationship turning romantic. This is IMO not extremely common in today's society. Some huge percentage of marriages end in divorce largely due to "rushing" the romance. I can only imagine a ZA situation would only increase this effect.

OK, Yes Rick should have hooked with Michone at the prison. No excuse other than he is for whatever reason unattractive "sexually" to her. He dingy is a monkey wrench at this point waiting over a year!!! I pray that he doesn't do this!!!!

I am like the TS and flat out don't understand the heat Rick is taking here.

Can I ask an honest question for real. Why is it so much more "moral" for Rick to use a friend and co survivor for year(s) as a load depository than a reasonably hot blonde stranger bursting in on you coming out of the shower?

I wonder how many of you guys have a "girl" that your have been friends with for well over a year that would not hesitate or have a concern in the world introducing "romance" into said relationship.

I'm sorry to EVERYONE here, but truth be told, I would dip into any of your wives before I screwed up a true friendship with a female for sex!

This is real world and I HAVE felt guilty AFTER "coveting my neighbor's wives". I however have NEVER done a real friend like this!

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

On Z Nation, two characters who had survived together and cared about each other ended up getting together. The fact that it was an interracial relationship was not the point of that storyline and wasn't even mentioned.

As for the rest of your post...did you just call Michonne a "load depository"? :eek:

10. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I don't think she was a banker before the ZA

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Not that I saw. Everytime Rick has killed it was in defense of himself or others. You mentioned the Termites. If you remember they were stalking Rick's group and invaded their abode, which was the church at the time, with the intention of capturing, killing and eating every last one of them. That wasn't self defense? If Rick had let them go, I don't believe for a minute they would have left our group alone and even if they did, they still would have been killing and eating others they came across. Perhaps you could look at it as an execution since you're right that the state no longer existed that could prosecute them. Rick had to act the role of law enforcer, jury, judge and executioner...and there was no doubt as to their guilt.

Sleeping with another man's wife perhaps doesn't rise to the same level, but it's not the wild west within the walls of the ASZ. They continue to live an ordered existence and Deanna has dreams of rebuilding civilization. You don't do that by disregarding all social conventions. Just because the ZA is raging outside their walls, doesn't mean all of a sudden that Pete and Jessie's marriage is no longer valid and that she's up for grabs. Rick should know better than to act on the fact that he may be attracted to her. Even under normal conditions adultery causes hella problems for the adults involved and for their families. How much MORE havoc will be caused in such a closed community. It's gonna have serious repercussions, something our group who is trying to settle in, doesn't need.

12. Morgotha

Seriously? Seriously? I bet you get a LOT of dates with an attitude like that.

13. Screaminleeman

WTH? Cold blooded murder? Maybe, maybe not (Bob 2).

Outrageous hostel amoral totally unacceptable behavior by Rick. OMG heck yes.

I am almost beyond myself that being "fans" of certain characters completely blinds themselves to this simple fact. How on earth do you "condone" Rick's and groups actions involving Gabriel?

FFS,
    - They basically took him captive, FORCED HIM to take them to HIS church.
    - More than one member of the group flat out unjustifiably threaten to KILL (Murder him) in his own church if ANYTHING should happen to go wrong in this ZA for any reason while he is held captive. (Can't type a large enough WTF here, just great peoples!)
    - You eat his food and drink his wine!
    - You can "protect" your family and group WITHOUT going into a collective slasher mode that would make Jason blush!
    - After stabbing several of the Terminites dozens or more times AFTER they are dead and upsetting more than just Gabriel with these feral actions, (And I do like Maggie) his faith is pooped upon (Four walls and a roof).
    - He tries to assimilate as though he may indeed NOT be a captive in the migration north only to be told to STFU, we are NOT your friend STRAIGHT UP!

FFS Noah and Tara are coming from hostile groups that both MURDERED some of your group members and are 100% instantly welcomed with open arms and take into the group.

What did Gabriel do to be so intensely hated by the Grimes gang? Why do any of you justify or take the groups point of view on this topic?

Biggest question, why is anyone surprised that the Fing first thing Gabriel SHOULD do is get as far away from these feral animals upon entering the walls of Alexandria and warning these innocent people of what is to come!

You applaud kidnapping a priest and condemn a peck on the cheek of a hot girl. WOW!

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, it's a little late, but it appears that this week's entertainment has arrived.

15. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

All I'm gonna say is Rick's got it, Jessie wants it.Who is Rick to say no?They've just arrived at ASZ and they're all trying to fit in.Rick's just trying to fit into Jessie is all...

16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

At least Fr. Gabe's not dead.....Oh, wait....that's because Rick and co saved him from being eaten by walkers. I think a little food, shelter and cooperation were in order and they didn't turn him out of his own church (like he did his parishioners) nor injure him in any way. AND they didn't leave him to his own survival after they headed out but allowed him to tag along even though he doesn't have much to offer in the way of fighting skills, or superior intelligence but they'll protect him like one of their own. I think in the long run he made out alright.

Bob 2 sealed his own fate when he failed to halt when ordered by another law enforcement officer to do so. One that had captured him while he had been attempting to capture them. He was simply killed trying to escape. If he hadn't run he most likely would still be alive, back at the hospital.

The peck on the cheek was inappropriate but impulsive. If he doesn't pursue her anymore it's done and over with. If she comes after him, well, HE should put the brakes on it for all the reasons cited on these threads.

17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I know you are truly from western PA, when you use "nebby." Before I moved to TX, I thought everyone knew that term!

18. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Dislike Jerick

19. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Haha yep! Just north of Pittsburgh!!! We do have our own dialect

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

According to todays laws in all modern nations, it is not self defense to kill someone no matter how sure you are they will kill you in the future unless they are presently in the act of trying to kill you. This considered illegal and immoral, and it is considered murder. I would consider ricks actions murder becuase no system of laws in place decreed ir allowed him to take their lives.

I dont think alexandrias walls are that safe and I dont consider alexandria to be all that safe. If rick doesnt either then that means the same "no rules" atittude that applies morally outside also applies inside the walls. If it turns out deanna is evil and alexandria was never safe will ricks actions become retroactively moral to you? I disagree strongly with the notion that ZA morals apply outside the walls and civilized normal society morald apply on the inside until ASZ is much more strongly established to be a real safe haven complete with its own set of laws and morals.

Im also not saying ricks not being immoral at all, im just saying its not a big deal and it doesnt make him an evil person all of a sudden.

Basically I think it is a more heinous act to kill 5 captive prisoners because you think they will harm you in the future than it is to sleep with a woman who is married. Essentially to me mass execution of prisoners is the more immoral act.

Tldr; I think you mis understand my point. Im not saying "Hey its thw ZA you can sleep with anyones wife and its acceptable" im saying "eh, youve done far worse" Rick is already good or hes already wrong, I don't think this would push him from one to the other.

#60 Spidey, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015