Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am i the only one who likes merle?

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by GhostDawg, Feb 20, 2013.

1. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

I don't know what it is, But I love me some merle and some shane for that matter lol. I don't see the big deal or all the hate for the two...I actually find merles character quite humorous "Why don't you piss in my ear and tell me its raining". Am I the only one who found that to be hilarious? Also with shane I just love how he was a survivor. The guy was a beast its a shame how he started losing his mind and making bad decisions but I blame most of that on Lori. Back to merle, I hope he becomes tolerable at the least, and becomes a contributing member to the group. Two Bad Ass rednecks are better than one. Plus the scene when darlys scars are revealed touched me. I feel if you have a brother that you are extremely close too you'll understand why I like merle so much. So what hes an abusive, drug using, racist asshole. We all have issues...

2. RDZ

RDZ Member

Yes.

(actually no, there are others like you but I am not one of them)

The character serves a purpose, but I like him as well as I like the Governor...both of which I would prefer to see as zombies.

3. Bhante

Bhante Member

I agree with you about Merle. The Governor found a way to control Merle and limit his socially destructive habits. Rick/Daryl can do the same.

4. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

True, I don't mind if he changes that much he just needs to chill out with the group, don't start none there won't be none. His racist remarks are too damn funny. I mean cmon bro the man was looking for an enchilada lol

5. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I like Merle too. In fact, I LOVE Merle!

6. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

Ok bro but thats the difference between a t.v show and reality lol of course I wouldnt like some racist asshole around me. But as a character hes done so well its great to watch. "I tried to kill that black bitch". Is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while as he pleads with daryl as to why be can't return with him. Plus like I said hes a bad ass redneck, keep in mind merle and darly were practically the same in a sense. Merle never had the chance to change like daryl did.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I love Rooker. Merle? Not so much...

8. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

"That right there is the sound of coons making love sweet love"

9. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Hahaha, brilliant! *high five*

10. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

If the show would cut back on his racist rants he would be a awesome character.

11. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Merle's my favorite living character at the moment but mainly because of Rooker. Also Shane has been my favorite on the show so far

12. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

That was hilarious, I cracked the heck up at that!

I like Merle too. He has a certain weird something about him that makes me want to like him. When he acts like a dick, I want to punch him in the face as hard as I can.

13. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I can't stand Merle. He's a jerk. I too, loved Shane. I wonder how different the show would be if he was still on. Lori made him crazy. If I had to pick who to survive the ZA with it would be Shane and Daryl.

14. Aneta

Aneta Active Member

I love Merle! He's one of my favourite characters. I know he sometimes acts like an idiot but I still like him.

15. Challia

Challia Member

I actually have a bit of a crush on Merle atm (God help me) but only because Michael Rooker does an amazing job portraying his character. In my opinion right now he is one of the best actors on the show, if not the best. And considering Shane, I loved Shane to death for many reasons, mostly because although he was obsessive and sick in a way, he was also honest and still remained himself till the end.

16. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

Aww come dawg lighten up. And as far as martinez and the other dude why bash the ones that saved his ass? If I recall T-Dog (bless his heart) was a pretty big sized dude. I understand your distaste for his racist antics but its how he is portrayed that I like so much lol. He acted like an asshole on the rooftops but he did have to amputate his own hand and damn near bleed to death before he was saved. Unfortunately all his anger was let out on glen. In a real life scenario I agree with you for the most part but as far as tv I love some merle, and this is coming from a black man.

17. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

You get an EPIC HIGH FIVE! I like you. lol

18. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I really only like Merle because Michael Rooker is an awesome actor.

19. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

*high five* Team Merle....And to be brutally honest glen did headbutt merle first

20. lurkers&roamers

As big of an asshole Merle is, he does know how to survive in tough spots, such as the rooftop. Granted, he put himself in that position, and he isn't incredibly bright, but he can kill zombies with the best of them. Also Rick may need him to help take out the Governor. While I wouldn't associate with him in the real world, he is a good character for the show and Michael Rooker is a great actor. He has to be if he makes me almost like a racist d-bag.