Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am I the only one who likes Tyrese's plan?

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Grizzzly540, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

I have been thinking that this world has gotten a bit redundant with never running across another group of survivors who don't need to killed. I know the show needs conflict, but logically it seems more likely that people will form groups like our main characters and begin to barter and trade with each other.

These guys do not seem to be pure evil like some of our recent nemeses. Why not form a plan where the best case scenario is nobody dying instead of potentially killing people just trying to make it by and very likely loosing a few of our own soldiers in the process. The Grady cops are bad news but not unreasonable. Our Heros may have use for a functioning hospital in the future and if they bring supplies for payment, they won't need to become slaves.

2. miltk

miltk Member

morally, killing everybody when not everyone is bad is just not the thing to do, but here i would have to rely on noah's observations. if he says "kill em all", then kill em all. however i don't see that a sharing of supplies would go over well with the hospital, and if i were part of the hospital i wouldn't believe rick for a second if he promised any routine trading.

the hospital has some necessary stuff, but the group has gotten along without it.

3. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

Did Noah say to "kill them all"? It seems that not all the cops are bad (we'll have to wait and see how "Bob" turns out in the end) and certainly not the other people in the hospital. Even the doctor isn't all bad. Other characters have done worse than him and have been redeemed.

This reminds me of the rescue of Glen and Maggie from Woodbury. Shoot first, ask questions later caused innocents to die and gave the real Villain, the governor, the justification to mobilize otherwise peaceful people to wage full on war with the prison.

4. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Humanity in TWD world is spread thin, like a lil butter over too much bread. Keeping our group together and safe is prio #1. Think about what our group has gone through in the last 2yrs of the ZA. Hell! look at what our group has gone through in the last 7 days.
    The team needs to 6 up and ATTACK! ATTACK! The only real option and the best plan is to maintain the element of surprise:Chainsaw:

5. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

It doesn't matter who is good or bad, they're allll banded together up in that hospital. Sooo if anyone of them still has a conscience when the sh-t hits the fan, they had better step aside or join ranks with our team to get the deed done.

6. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

I think Rick and the guys walked into terminus with a relaxed attitude and got duped.
    Whereas now Rick decided the best plan would involved casualties as he didnt trust the Grady bunch.
    They should have gone with Ricks plan IMO

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I think it's a good plan, but very short sighted, too.

The ideal scenario would be for the trade to run smoothly and for nobody to have to die on either side. But Rick has the experience and foresight to know that the best case scenario is also the least likely scenario.

It's still worth a shot, though. But it'll definitely bite them in the ass if they don't have a plan B for when things almost inevitably go to shit.

8. cowboy's person

Great point. I think that the story would have been repetitive with another all-out assault on the enemy. It would also be a big letdown because Grady is just not as formidable as their previous enemies. They managed to get out of Terminus unscathed and those were much steeper odds.

That being said, if I were in that rescue group, I would have gone with Rick's plan, morally right or not. Remember these people are pretty feral right now, what will all the danger and trauma they've had to go through since the fall of the prison. Ty's plan has some merit and I actually felt like negotiation was the smartest strategy before "Crossed." But then Rick laid out his plan and Noah's input was that the numbers mismatch would be overcome by the element of surprise and the help of the other wards. There weren't as many cops as I originally thought, and I think attack would have been more of a sure thing.

9. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, they have been burned too many times by plans that attempted to handle things diplomatically. I don't necessarily agree that they should walk into the hospital completely unwilling to compromise, but they know that a portion of these cops are bad and it shouldnt be very hard to distinguish which ones are which as shown by the one that attacked Daryl. While I do think that Lamson may turn out to be an ally, they could have easily lost Sasha because they didn't kill him and have now placed themselves in a position that if he makes it back to Dawn, they have given up the element of surprise. They were attempting to re capture Noah and could have killed him with their car. Yep, good enough reason to kill them after they have extracted all the info they could get out of them.

They are placing all bets on whether or not these cops are more important to Dawn then the patients.What if she shocks them and kills either Beth or Carol just to show them that both are indispensable to her? An all out assault would not have told Dawn what the leverage was that she held. Carol and Beth would have still been random patient. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if they are going through all of this to resue them at they are important to them. Dawn is now in a position where her and the bad cops can create their own hostage situation.

An all out assault would have also been pretty loud and I assume that there are a plethora of good hiding places in that hospital for the people that don't want to fight to hide in. It would quickly weed out who needs to be killed and who doesn't. I'm not advocating shooting someone in the hospital that is hidden in a closet somewhere begging for their life. I'm saying that they should neutralize the threat at all cost and then decide what to do with the innocents.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

If things work out, I agree with Tyreese's plan.
    If things go to hell, I disagree with his plan.

I am hoping for the first outcome. There's been enough shoot-em-ups on this show.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If they do not go in and kill them all I am certain they will kill them back.

No matter how sneaky they are or how decent the intentions they bring to the party at least one of the crops will fight back and blood will be spilled in our group.

It is TV of course so the obvious in "reality" might not be the most obvious to the story but c,mon?

The plan may sound good on paper,dreaming of how things used to be but how many times do they need to get family killed before realizing it is kill or die period!:shining:

12. SZQ

SZQ Member

I'll ask again, how can you negotiate with a nutjob like Dawn?

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think the plan to negotiate has a better chance now that Lamson took a runner. Wasn't he the one some of the cops were proposing to replace Dawn? Had he been among the hostages, Dawn would have been thanking her lucky stars that a way had been provided to rid herself of a rival. I think she would have said no deal. She may still but if some of the cops get killed in the dust up, maybe Lamson will show up, take out Dawn and end the hostilites and complete the trade.

14. gavuk

gavuk Member

Ditto that. I guess i'm a TWD fan who likes it for the character interplay and the plot development rather than relying on Team Rick meets group A and they are bad so plan is KILL THEM or meet group B and they are possibly good or bad but we stick with the plan which is KILL THEM or group C who are people within your own team and you KILL THEM because they have something we want ie wife/son/power/a hat and lastly group D (walkers) and KILL THEM (even though they are dead already) because it makes good TV.

Don't get me wrong i love the show but the killing as the only way to resolve anything is getting a bit boring. Roll on seeing Morgan again or Gabriel or Eugene getting a bigger role. It probably won't happen but hell i can hope. It will soon be xmas.

15. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

I decided to watch the first few episodes of season one again. I remember what I loved about it. After only two episodes I have all of these questions,
    1. Will Rick find his family
    2. What will happen between Shane and loris when he does?
    3. Is their really a refuge center?
    4. What will they learn at the CDC.
    5. What will happen to Merle?

I'm sure there is more.

The only "big question" we have any more is,
    1. Which main character will die durring the mid season finalle?

Have we completely given up hope at accomplishing any sort of real plot development? At this point, another guns blazing rescue mission just seems like more of the same tired thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, only I would like to see the world try and start repairing itself already. I was truly bummed out when the Washington DC mission ended. I was excited for a change of scenery.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We saw in filming photos many weeks ago that Sasha is in a

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Kill them all somehow, trading won't work because the hospital cops will always want revenge, so it's best to eliminate that option and the threat even if we lose a member of our group too, that's the risk. It s worth it to rescue Carol, at least.

18. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I feel both plans have their merits both good and bad, lots of things could go wrong with either plan. We'll have to see how it turns out and then judge, I have a feeling most of the Grady cops are going to be killed anyway though.

I'm curious to see if the hospital continues afterwards with the leftover survivors of the people swap and start doing good things instead of enslaving people.

19. Al Davis is back

In reality you can't. Rick believes in a cop code among other cops and has Noah vouching for her too. He's banking on the fact that she will not want to be short a few cops and not see bloodshed on either side. Plus Daryl wasn't backing the sneak attack so Rick's hand is somewhat forced.

The hospital attack plan is risky at best:

1. The enemy is in an entrenched position.
    2. They know the terrain.
    3. Team Rick is outgunned and outmanned.
    4. Police have radios (communication) and trained for emergency conditions.
    5. X-factor- do the people in hospital help the police thinking they will be slaughtered by team Rick? Is Rick going to kill the strawberry guy?

Personally, I would have liked Team Rick to pick off a few more cops. Thin out the herd a little bit and make Dawn negotiate from a weaker position. Some of cops may try a power play on her decision of how to negoiate and weaken their strength even more. Grabbing only three cops was short sighted imo.

20. SZQ

SZQ Member

I asked the question because it has become so expected and so feared by the fans. In my world, I wish Dale and Hershel were still with us, but we have been warned that no one is safe. Thus, it becomes a logical question.

I still love this show for all the reasons you listed 1-5, and I still hope the group continue to travel and seek out some sort of answer to the burning questions of how do we survive and how do we come back.