Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Spoiler] AMC Premiere Week Early Discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

After going back and forth regarding whether or not to watch early, due to some logistical obstacles on Sunday the 10th, I decided to cave and buy AMC Premiere, and watch tomorrow.

For anyone else who watches early, we can keep our discussion of any details here. And for those who don't, will you be able to resist the urge to peek?? ;)

2. Neuropyramidal

In order to watch this early I have to take the TV from my kitchen and put it in the living room in front of my living room TV.

3. Neuropyramidal

That was a solid episode. The ZA is a scary and dangerous place again. And creepy.

Poor Eugene. He just can't win. So I guess there will be no mystery about the father of Rosita's baby. And LOL at Negan's motorcycle crash.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can’t watch with everyone next week because I’ll be out of town so I watched today, and wow... loved it. I’m gonna add more probably tomorrow when I have more time. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

persistent.

6. PepperAnn

Welp, staying out of this thread.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I caved

I am now a subscriber to amc premiere

I have watched the mid season premier and I feel no shame!

Had to scroll up for a second to make sure this was in the spoiler section

One of the scenes that hit me hard was seeing Negan in the clearing where they killed Glenn and Abraham. And it appeared that Negan had a look of regret when he realized where he was.

Scene that had me chuckling - Judith scolding Negan for cussing "language, I'm a kid asshole"......Oh Judith, I adore you so damn much

Taken aback by the opening scenes recalling previous episodes with Michonne voice over. Thought that was such an ingenious way to remind us all without saying the words "previously on AMC's the walking dead" Hoping this is the norm for the remainder of the episodes

Creepiest moment for me was the scene where Luke and Alden slowly realize they are not in Kansas anymore.

I could go on and on but I will save it for the "official" episode 9 thread after the feb 10 airing

I loved the episode. The vibe feels more mature, less comic book. Slow episode for some I am sure but I tend to love character driven episodes.

definitely a 9 out of 10 for me

#7 Dnae, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I am so glad you watched it because I've been dying for you to see all of the Jesus mourning...do you think they did him justice? I got a little choked up watching them carry him back, and eventually him slung over the horse...and the reactions of Enid, Tara, etc...and the funeral. :(

I feel so naughty like this should all be in spoiler tags but this IS in the spoiler section lol!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. PepperAnn

*runs from thread*

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Oh I was weeping a bit. When Tara stroked his back :(

The way each member of Hilltop hammered a nail in the coffin

I do think they did it justice. I was so worried it would be used as another moment to pit alexandria/michonne against hilltop/tara. I am so glad that it was used instead to what I hope is laying the foundation for relationships to mend.

I almost put my post in spoiler tags because I was worried about it being read. but it is in the spoiler section. Just hope that I used enough asterisks to camouflage the post in the "recent activity" page

Question: Daryl sitting outside the cellar prison listening in on the Henry Lydia exchange. Do you think that was something Daryl set up with Henry or do you think Henry is oblivious to Daryl eavesdropping?

UGH
    [​IMG]
    .....Daryl was quite watchable in this episode. He played it smart

#11 Dnae, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  12. Neuropyramidal

I don't think Henry was in on it. I think Daryl purposely riled him up saying "you're right where you should be!" to piss Henry off and make him bond with Lydia. Two unfairly treated souls. Plus we know that

13. Neuropyramidal

Cause my main smart TV doesn't have the AMC app. Only my TV's with roku have it. I didn't want to watch it while sitting in my kitchen, so I moved my kitchen TV with roku into my living room and placed it in front of my living room TV ;).

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, that makes more sense for sure.

Sigh, I may have to eat crow by the end of this season if Daryl keeps playing it smart
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

I like Luke a lot, even though they perhaps went slightly over the top with his continued banter with Alden. I think it would have played better if they showed Alden kind of getting a little annoyed and attempting to stay focused on their mission, instead of standing and laughing at Luke after they found the arrow and killed the walker.

But again I like Luke. I'm worried that they are giving him all this light hearted dialogue so that Alden will have something to say about him in remembrance, when he does his SOLO musical number at the fair :(

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    I am loving the Negan/Judith dynamic

Totally did not expect Negan to make his way back to Alexandria though. I thought they were going to keep him free for a bit of time

The young girl who plays Judith is doing a great job

I need a lot more Magna in the coming episodes

Speaking of Luke, like the nickname Alden gave him, Professor

@Jen7 speaking of getting choked up. The scene with Michonne telling Daryl that it will mean a lot for the people of Hilltop to have Jesus' body to bury. The two of them sharing a moment to remember what they each lost with what they believe to be Rick's death.

And the Eugene-ism "the living kind or the original recipe" LMAO

There was so much to like in this episode

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH and Michonne is completely out of fu*ks to give!

As always Bear's music was perfection

Loving the way they are setting the scenes to illustrate the decay of the infrastructure, towns, shops, etc. I was blown away with the set design when Negan was attempting his shopping spree

And his Sanctuary is just a water drenched shell of its former self. I laughed at his attempt to make it more homey

#17 Dnae, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  18. PepperAnn

WHY AM I IN HERE?????

19. offrope

offrope Active Member

I saw a short clip of this. Sure hope the motorcycle is OK. Is it Daryl's or just one he found?

20. Neuropyramidal

It was a motorcycle he got from the Sanctuary. I'd have to watch again to see if its a motorcycle we've seen before. For some reason it was boarded up behind a wall at The Sanctuary.