Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

AMC should have taken the show off the air as soon as the shutdown began

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, May 28, 2020.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

If AMC knew that they weren't going to be able to finish the season I think they just should have taken the show off the air as soon as the shutdown began. That would have left four or five more episodes to go that would have helped build momentum for the finale. Since they didn't do that whatever momentum the season had going into the finale is pretty much all gone now. Whenever the finale gets around to airing (which may be another month or two) most viewers probably aren't even going to remember what was happening during the season (as the franchise doesn't really have much social media activity surrounding it anylonger).

This is not only going to hurt the viewership for the finale but in turn will hurt the viewership for the new show that they have starting up as people will be a lot less likely to tune into the new show after it has started up than they would have if they watched it from the beginning.

2. Virginia Blake

Good observations. AMC will catch us up by playing the last episodes before the finale. As for ghe new show, yes thsat is pretty much grounded. I never planned on watching it anyway.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Everything hit mid-March. So you figure if you pulled the plug immediately that would leave you with 4 episodes, including the finale.

Everyone was pretty shell shocked at the time with what was happening with the pandemic so I don't think it would've been even a discussion until another episode or two aired. Plus, they were probably hoping they'd at be able to finish the post production work and air the finale.

My feeling though has been that the finale should be the premiere for the new season.

4. Virginia Blake

I think that's a great idea!!! It does give the season 10 & 11 some continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

That probably would be the best thing to do at this point. Air the season 10 finale for the first episode of season 11. If it weren't for this new show there is probably a good chance they would do that. I kind of think they should just postpone airing the new show until after season 11 is over with. I'd imagine there won't be anything in the first season of this new show that will be integral to know in order to understand what will happen for season 11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's possible, delaying the show. They could also use it as a placeholder for TWD since filming there has been delayed.