Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

AMC trying to acquire half of BBC America

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by Tony Davis, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[h=1]AMC Networks Looks to Acquire Half of BBC America (Report)[/h] 3:32 PM PST 07/30/2014 by Paul Bond

AMC Networks, home of Mad Men and The Walking Dead, is in discussions over taking an about 50 percent stake in BBC America, according to Bloomberg.
    BBC America is BBC Worldwide's U.S. channel and it is available in about 80 million of the nation's households.
    In its report on Wednesday, Bloomberg cited people with knowledge of the discussions. It also said BBC America is interested in a partnership that lets it use AMC's advertising sales and distribution network.
    Bloomberg notes that the BBC has partnered with AMC before, co-producing shows like The Honorable Woman, an eight-part series starting Thursday on AMC's SundanceTV.
    AMC did not respond to a request for comment.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench New Member

What's AMC gaining from this? Hopefully the ability to air BBC shows or at least give their take on them. AMC wisely has decided to let their content speak for their station over the years (& mostly thanks to Breaking Bad). I hope they don't give up on that for a cash money prize.

3. Lupey

Lupey Member

Are there many BBCA TV Shows? I only watch it for Top Gear on Monday nights so I'm not sure. Seems all BBCA shows is Top Gear, some survival show & Star Trek. That is all that I ever see that is on.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member