Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Amen!" to Father Gabriel's Godfather Kill

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by AnnieOakley, Mar 7, 2016.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

It was stunned watching Gilliam/FG read that scripture, as if he were talking past the guy instead of to him, hence the feel of an (ice) cold-blooded execution. It's like he was speaking to himself, and reflecting on his personal change, while the blabbering victim had zero impact on his flow. Finally we get to see this great actor hit a wildly different note, and calmly go all gangster on our asses. The "Amen" was the most wicked "amen" I've ever heard, and yet, I repeated it aloud, "A-MEN... wait, did Father Gabriel just blow my mind?"

[​IMG]

Yes, yes he did.

Kudos to Seth Gilliam for morphing the weak, cowardly and (rightfully-hated) priest into bible-thumping executioner in a seamless and believable way. Standing ovation for that scene!

Sincerely,
    A former member of the "Please kill Father Gabriel Now" prayer group.

#1 AnnieOakley, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Mello

Mello Member

That "Amen" hit me real hard. Seeing Father Gabriel become a stone cold priest, willing to read you a Bible verse one minute and give a head shot the next, beautiful.

[​IMG]

3. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

That was a great scene. Amen.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Loved that scene.

5. jojo

jojo Member

Under Greg Nicotero's direction. This is one of his top 3 IIRC He directed "No Sanctuary" "No Way out." And tonight's for sure. I hardly have words to express this mans outstanding work on this series. :)

6. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Shades of "Jules Winnfield" (Pulp Fiction) I hope we get a reading of that scripture from Gabriel now... ;P

7. Steppin' Razor

The "Amen" cemented it for me how ****ing badass the whole thing was. Loved it.

8. Steppin' Razor

Oh and I also liked how Tara asked FG if he was still a priest, so she could confess, when they were sitting in the car. Thought it was funny she was sittin in the car confessing to the priest, with Jesus in the backseat also giving advice.

9. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

That scene with Gabriel was awesome. He seemed so evil. The Priest of death.

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That scene was so epic. it's amazing how much they've done with a once-recently whiny little punk character - he's really grown. Now I can't wait to see him kill more people.

11. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

I've always loved Gabriel. He had an amazing moment in No Way Out and some really compelling lines in this one. People who dislike him seem to expect everyone to be at Rick's level of badassery. Gabriel is interesting in his own way, and another amazing character imo.

I thought his hunting rifle+attire gave him an old fashion look that was super appropriate.

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It just occurred to me...

With this one scene, Gabriel has surpassed his comic counterpart by miles. Maybe we are to be treated to a much different Gabriel than our print friend.

13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I actually hated the scene. It was cheesy, stagey, pandering fan service stuff.

14. Lawman

Lawman Member

I was waiting for Jesus to say, "you are forgiven", and then have Father Gabriel snap his head toward Jesus like WTF.

15. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

But did they take the cannoli?

Reminded me of when Rick said "Shut up" after shooting that cop that was running away in the Slabtown arc.

16. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Yeah now Morgan seems to be the candy ass weakest link which is a surprise given what I've heard about him in the comics. Anyway it's a good thing FG stepped up because they're about to lose some people. I think the only priest more scary than FG right now is the one from Poltergeist. lol

17. EvieE

EvieE Member

I loved that scene. It feels like they redeemed Father Gabriel while slowly sucking all the cool points out of Morgan

18. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

And let's not forget that he's developing a decent sense of humor! His first attempt many moons ago went over like a lead balloon, but in this episode he had the line about his clothes being camouflage in the dark, which I found pretty funny.

19. AliceInAlderaan

Loved it, reminded me of pulp fiction with Samuel L. Jackson!

20. jmobash

jmobash Member

Father G was so badass this episode!! He's quickly becoming my favorite "new" character.