Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

American Gods

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Season 2 is happening

Of course this was announced back in April

But @GregsGirl missed that bit of news so this thread is her notification :)

Any other fans of the series?

New showrunner for season 2 is Jesse Alexander, a former writer for the series Lost

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

season 2 announcement

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Never saw Season 1. What’s it about?

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Loved the first season! Cautiously optimistic about season 2 without Bryan Fuller or Gillian Anderson (who was terrific in S1)

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I'm so excited !!! I absolutely loved season one. Any idea as to when we'll be able to see it? I can't say enough about it's sheer brilliance ....the visuals, imagery, characters, raw grittiness. I didn't think a show like this would interest me but I found myself mesmerized. Gillian Anderson isn't returning as Media? She was great!

#5 purriwinkle, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Nor is Kristen Chenowith as Easter.

BUT Mad Sweeney and Dead Wife will be back along with Shadow Moon and Mr. Wednesday - woo hoo.

Yeah, it was such a ride of a series and I loved every minute of it. No idea when season 2 will air, all I have read is that it will be sometime in 2019

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Seems that Bryan Fuller has commitment issues LOL. He bailed on Star Trek Discovery and now I just read that he has bailed on the Amazing Stories reboot

8. BatmansHooker

It's basically a joke at this point. "Oh, Bryan Fuller's working on a new show? I give him 3 weeks."

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. purriwinkle

Wow. I'm glad we have as many actors returning as we do. Has it been reported as to whether Media and Easter will be recast or written around? I've not read the books but both of those characters seemed like they had major roles.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I must correct my earlier post - right now it is up in the air if Kristin will return as Easter. If not, I would assume that the part will be recast.

Anderson's Media is being recast yet not being recast. Her Media was about television and pop culture whereas the recast is named New Media and focuses on social media (I read this, believe me I did not come up with this on my own LOL).

Here is a link to an article with a few photos of the cast goofing off . Glad to see Pablo (Mad Sweeney), Orlando Jones (Mr. Nancy), Yetide (Queen of Sheba) among others. Though I am missing Laura Moon aka Dead Wife.

The article also lists a few new roles to the series for season 2.

I had read another article today that states that Gaiman was not happy with the direction Fuller was taking the series, veering it too far away from his source material. Hence the reason Fuller backed out. The article also stated that Gaiman basically trashed 6 scripts that Fuller had written for season 2. Hopefully everyone is happy and at peace now because dammit I want this show to return ASAP

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/05/american-gods-season-2-media-new-cast/

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. purriwinkle

Thanks for the information Dnae. Let us know if you come across any updates please.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@purriwinkle you asked for updates and lo and behold I found the official synopsis for season 2
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/american-gods-season-2-starz-bryan-fuller-neil-gaiman-1201988834/

Thinking that a re-watch of season 1 will be in order. I will probably do that in November when Outlander returns (I only keep Starz active when those shows are airing new episodes)

14. purriwinkle

Thanks for the update. It sounds like it's gonna be quite interesting!

We began subscribing to Starz when Outlander started but they've had a number of shows that we found we liked and this was one of them. Getting pumped!

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

16. purriwinkle

WOW! I can't get enough of Ricky Whittle as Shadow Moon. I can't wait to follow him through season two. Laura Moon was such a fool. How does one get bored with that? I think it's gonna be tough luck for her but I love to watch her play off off that nasty leprechaun, lol. He's met his match!

I'm up with new Gods. Certainly keeps it interesting. Is it going to air after season four of Outlander winds down, I wonder, in that time slot? I can't seem to recall when they aired first season.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Season 2 American Gods has a premier date of Sunday March 10 2019

As much as I love ya American Gods you will have to wait until the following day for my watch - at least until the finale of TWD airs. Starz will sometimes make their original shows available for viewing the morning of the original airing, at least that is what they have done with Outlander (though I have not watched beyond episode 2 of this season)

[​IMG]

@GregsGirl @purriwinkle @BatmansHooker

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. BatmansHooker

Geez, it's been a hell of a wait. I was almost convinced season 2 was never going to happen with all of the drama.

Glad I kept my Amazon membership for this show lol, can't wait!