Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

American Gods

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, Aug 13, 2018.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Ask and ye shall receive but first, what a powerful and disturbing opening. I actually think I winced but I’m not sure exactly what purpose it had other than to make social commentary and give Shadow something to do while Wednesday is getting business done to further the war effort. I will admit though between last week and this epi., nekkid Ricky Whittle makes me forget about plot consistencies. Man is seriously sculpted. ;)

Back to Laura and Sweeney. Holy moley. What was the truth the Baron wanted from Laura before he would give her the resurrection brew? Was it that she really didn't want Shadow cause she was going at it first with him and then....whoa....SWEENEY!!! The Baron's girlfriend told Sweeney that he had a thing for Laura and then to prove he didn't he had at her and then he was screwing Laura so.......hmmm. For real or a mind trick? Could be the truth. At least from Sweeney's end. I had a feeling he was warming up to her ever since the ice creme truck flipped and he put his coin back inside her. Funny. If so, Sweeney is the second guy to fall for her and she doesn't give a hoot. She insists she wants the one man who said he was done with her....of course. :rolleyes:
    Well, at least Shadow has the "cat" to console him. :p

Oh, and Laura has the resurrection potion but it needs one last ingredient to work. Two drops of the blood of the beloved.* Who’s blood will it take? Shadow? No. Sweeney? No. I think she needs to put in her own blood, cause girl only loves herself but will she recognize the truth?

*to be exact, blood infused with love

#41 purriwinkle, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. purriwinkle

I still think it may turn out Shadow's dad is Odin. Seems like Odin treated his son Thor the same way he does Shadow....manipulating their love lives in the belief it will benefit them, then it goes to shit. Otherwise why does he bother to f**k up Shadow's life? Did we ever see him do that coin thing with his fingers? Someone (his dad most likely) was in the hospital when Shadow's mom was dying showing him that trick.​

3. purriwinkle

Just wanted to say, RIP
    I will miss him. Laura Moon is poison.

4. purriwinkle

So Dead Wife finally catches up with Shadow. Will she face the fact that he's pretty much done with her? Especially since Shadow got another revelation from Sweeney that he f**ked (said with Sweeney's Irish brogue) her in New Orleans? Apology not accepted. I did find it interesting that the last we see of her she's carrying away Sweeney's dead body. Annnnnd.,,,,ta da! I guessed right! You are the father, Odin, lol. Since he's flown the coup in light of the New God's attack, what now?

5. purriwinkle

With everything going on in Jan. I forgot about season 3 of American Gods! Fortunately we were recording and I just finished the first two episodes. I love Ricky Whittle’s new look! He’s one fine looking young man. What’s gonna happen to dead wife and Mad Sweeney? Are they gone forever? This show is always fascinating. Keeps me on the edge of my seat with stunning visuals. Loved the memorial to Cloris Leachman’s character although I realize it was shot before her RL death recently but it still felt right. It was good to see Graham Greene too. Gotta catch up tomorrow.