Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by EternalWreckage, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jay Bonansinga

Season 5 was the first season I did not binge watch and it was my favorite. I really liked Gaga in her roll but definitely felt she should not have won a GG. To many other great performers out there(Allison Tolman was my pick). AHS is an entertaining show, while it will never be anything amazing, it is something fun to watch every week especially during halloween. That being said, there are at least 10 tv shows on right now that I would put ahead of it. Also losing Jessica Lange sucked and made Jay Bonansinga extra sad :(

Thank You~Jay

2. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

So does anyone have any idea what the new theme will be? These are all the teasers so far
    [video=youtube;OzBa6YImvV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzBa6YImvV8[/video]

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The theme is American Horror Story "Forest." There is supposed to be a farmhouse involved and they said it's a combination of Peter Pan, the Deliverance and The Exorcist. They said it's going to be scarier than recent seasons.

My own take, and from nothing I've read, it looks like this season is going to be back in time too, at least one hundred years if not more considering the promo shots.

4. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

I heard Forest too, but nothing has been confirmed by AHS yet. Sounds interesting though! People have been saying about the triple 6, A cult would be a cool idea, but doubt it will be that. By the teasers Forest seems most believable

5. Stealth

Scarier would be great. Would like to see something closer to what we had in Seasons 1 and 2 in terms of the pure horror. One area where I thought they dropped the ball last year was that a hotel setting should have been much scarier than it turned out to be.

I'm optimistic though about this upcoming season. Looking forward to it.

6. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Just read that they aren't saying what the theme is this time to make it more exciting. Apparently only one teaser teases the theme, the rest are just random...

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Season 6 episode 1 is on now!

I read an article that predicted season 6 would have a Charles Manson cult like theme.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OH......MY......GOD. Just finished and I am SO PUMPED about this season. This looks GOOOOOOD.

9. Stealth

It's back early. I didn't even realize it was returning. My DVR has a programmed recording for the series, but it didn't pick it up last night. Strange.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It was pretty good!

I think they recaptured some of the season 1 atmosphere!

11. Stealth

That's good. I'll watch it over the weekend. I remember reading something last year where the creators of the show said that at the end of the series everything will tie together in some way, so that alone will keep me watching until its run ends.

In the past year I've stopped watching a good number of shows too and only added one new one, Preacher. I think the "Golden Age of TV" has passed its peak.

12. PepperAnn

It's funny you mention that. I have spent the last few years trying to get Page to watch this show with me, and he refuses because he doesn't do horror. I keep telling him that it hasn't been scary hardly at all since season one (haunted houses are the worst for him). So I finally convinced him to watch the premiere with me Wednesday night.

And I was like OOPS....dammit, maybe not. lol

Now he thinks I am a liar. :p

13. PepperAnn

I ended up missing the last several episodes of the Hotel season last year because my DVR decided to stop recording it and by the time I realized it, the show was over. Did that one end well? Well not well for the characters but well for us viewers?
    I'm gonna Netflix the rest as soon as it's available.

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I found the Hotel season pretty bland. I didn't watch the last 3 or 4 episodes. They'be been sitting on my DVR for months, unwatched.

I was secretly hoping for an apocalypse theme for S6 [I guess I'm not experiencing zombie burn out yet], but this episode was pretty good. I wonder if we will end up also following the lives of the 'real people', the ones giving the interviews regarding what happened. Like we'll watch what happens to them after the camera stops rolling.

15. PepperAnn

I was curious as to whether they were going to do this documentary style all the way through myself as well. Obviously if the answer is yes, then they survived their Roanoke Nightmare...lol. I would prefer it if they didn't so I hope it goes beyond the documentary.

I also found it cool that they found a way to incorporate all the many many actors that are committed to this series every year...by having a "real" person and a "dramatized" person of the story. A haunted house story can only really have so many characters I would think, so this was a smart way of including everyone.

Also: I am happy to welcome Cuba Gooding Jr. I love him.

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

You should get him to watch season 1, that was the best season out of them all.

Freak show is probably the next best after Murder House.

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I still think Asylum is the best, followed by Murder House. The first two were fantastic. Coven had its moments but was mostly too Charmed-Meets-DisneyChannel. Freak Show had a few highlights. Hotel... hotel... mmm...

Overall the show is very, very flawed, but it has enioyable moments and the actors are pretty great/terribly wasted.

18. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I tried watching season 1 and just couldn't get into it or any of the subsequent seasons
    I thought I'd checkout this latest one and was scared so much by it I had to turn all the lights on before I went to bed it was great.
    but there were a few stupid moves by the lead female character that made me so angry. I won't spoil them here but I just hatewhen characters do dumb things. I wonder how I'd react in their situation and I hope I wouldn't be so stupid.

gotta say I liked tthe re enactment of the story being told by the couple. It saved a lot of time moving the story along nicely. I really liked Cuba Gooding jnr. He was a great choice for Matt. I hope this season continues to be as creepy as ep 1.
    Thumbs up from me.

19. PepperAnn

Oh I tried. We didn't even get through all of the first episode before he called it quits. lol

Murder House is my fave. Coven least fave.....that was the perfect description [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]

20. Stealth

Coven almost bordered on parody of the show. Guess they wanted to do something lighter but it didn't work for me either, particularly after following two very dark seasons that set up different expectations.