Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Analyze Glenn

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Imran

Imran New Member

I hope they do something about the sound track. Its so irritating.

2. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Glen is going Anal?

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

For me it was worse than the magical van. At least with the magical van, I could say, "ok, they don't want to give their stuntmen whiplash and bad backs" and move on.

In this though, we saw Nicholas and Glen falling off the dumpster, yet when he's on the ground, Glenn has his head right next to it. How do you fall away from something and end up like that? You don't.

Glenn and Nick were basically holding on to each other, yet when they were on the ground, Nick was at a right angle to Glenn. How did that happen?

The walkers know Glenn is under there, he kills three and the rest just give up? None assume there's still something down there? He's still breathing and still smells like a human. The back and far side of the dumpster don't have killed walkers there, why'd they stop?

That window. When they were going down the alley the implication was that there was no way out, and there was that window that he easily got through now that didn't even have glass in it?

Enid being right at the same building, and somehow knew Glenn was under the dumpster and to look for him?

Every single walker left the area, there weren't even a few of them still gobbling Nick to make it easy for Glenn to get away afterwards, rather than getting grabbed trying to crawl out, when the walkers ate Lori down to where there was nothing left.

This was by far the worst scene I've ever seen on TWD, and really made the whole episode terrible. With that type of magic, what's the point of the show any more? And why are the walkers still at the ASZ anyhow? If they left Glenn alone for just being under a dumpster, why would they still be outside those walls? I really hope TWD is still worth watching in the future.

4. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

I don't like that they took his name out of the credits. It wasn't necessary people would have speculated and been on edge anyways. For a time I thought they were going to totally leave it a mystery, never tell us what happened to Glenn. I thought that when Maggie made her speech in the sewer, that the writers were saying "sorry folks just like Maggie, you're never going to know". If they want us to feel like what the characters do for real, maybe that's what they should have done. I can't say shark jump quite yet but I feel like the show is losing some of the aspects that made it unique. The show has been really great at catching me off-guard not just with the unexpected but with excellent writing and acting. I feel like I'm starting to watch the show not with anticipation but out of obligation to find out what happens next.

#64 darkrosenberg, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, she was staying in the store downstairs, in the room that had an open window right next to the dumpster. We saw her stash of stuff on the floor [including a menu to the Cobblestone Cafe, which was the restaurant Glenn finally found her in. That's probably how he found her], so I think it makes sense that she was sitting in that room, heard him crawling out from the dumpster and making noise in general, and went to the roof, a safer spot, to look down on him. I think this is suppose to be the closest town to Alexandria, and its a tiny town with only like 2 blocks of buildings, so I don't find this THAT coincidental.

6. Neuropyramidal

Many of us from this forum were sure he was alive. The spoiler photos from filming show

This combined with no memorandum on TTD among other clues, logically added up to approaching 100% chance he was alive.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

So when is dead, dead? If they hit Glenn with a baseball bat, I'm going to believe he's just fine he has a concussion. Then I'm going to go on Tumblr and write fanfic about how Glenn survived that hit...I'll call it a foul tip. I'll
    make memes about how he survived. This will go on for 8 months till the new season starts and I'll make up excuses as to why Steve Yeun hasn't been seen on set followed by more memes. Then about midway through season 7 I'll lessen my visits to Tumblr but I'll still hold on to my theory. By the end of season 7 I will have to abandon my Tumblr account and slowly fade to internet oblivion (wherever that is it sounds like a scary place) Herein lies the problem with fake out deaths.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Or you'll start a petition, get thousands to sign it, send plastic spoons, send Gimple death threats, live in denial of his death and start a retarded trend called "Team Delusional" where you come up with all these theories about how hes going to come back, but you want this to happen JUST so he can have that romance with Daryl.

• Like Like x 1
  9. batongal

batongal Active Member

EXXX-actly!

10. raccoon city

raccoon city Member

It was a terrible idea to keep him alive. It cheapened the show.

11. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I kind of agree. I was really bummed out when I thought he was gone, and I was happy to see him again. But it doesn't mean he can't die in the future and if/when he does die, I'm thinking it won't have as big of an impact.

12. batongal

batongal Active Member

It's still a good show but I hear you. What I think is Gimple and crew got off on the fact that last year some fans saw Beth take a gunshot to the head and refused to accept what they saw, her death. Don't think they ever realized how far it would get out of hand but it was great and unexpected publicity. FF to season 6, Mr. G and Mr. K think it would be fun to recreate a similar scenario so we witness Glenn being torn apart and seemingly devoured on screen but this time wait for it.......he lives--BOO-YAH! two knuckleheads

13. Berry

Berry Member

We, the viewing audience, must often rely on the characters themselves to tell us whether other characters are dead. In Beth's case, it was clear from the reactions that she was dead. Glenn had no other character to tell us anything...

14. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

The idea was not too unrealistic imo and not by far as delusional as some fan theories I've been reading online.
    However, they did make a minor [or major..] mistake. I think someone already pointed this out a few days ago. When he fell from the dumpster they fell with their heads away from the dumpster, but apparently he could slide himself right under it in 607. I might have to rewatch though, cause I was thinking that he may have turned his body nonetheless, I just couldn't see that Sunday night however.

15. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I don't know but it seems to me you make it feel a little too serious, like they seriously hurt your feelings lmao.
    Rick escaping wasn't a long shot. Walkers are slow. If he had the time to escape, which is not impossible, and he ran [almost] as fast as he could, it was very much possible he'd outrun them and survive. The only thing I wonder was how far away he really was from ASZ at the time, because it doesn't seem to me like anyone has unlimited stamina. Then again, we've had Hershel's infinite ammo shotgun, so nothing is off the page.

Glenn's situation was definitely a stretch but not unbelievable at all if you ask me. lol

16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Scott Gimple is Chris Hardwick's boss. So....

17. Berry

Berry Member

I think the RV was parked about 2 miles from Alexandria. A person (in good shape) can easily run that distance, especially after a breather (which he had, driving to cut off the herd).

Rick HAD run at least 5 miles all-told, plus fought with the Wolves and Walkers.. so it's no wonder he wanted to take a breather for a day when he got back to Alexandria. (Walking around town, talking to people, nailing up planks.. that's Rick's "breather", lol).

18. Neuropyramidal

I don't think Kirkman or Gimple are Hardwick's boss. TWD and TTD have separate producers. Harkwick definitely wants to stay on the good side of Kirkman and the TWD production, but he has his own producers that are his boss.

#78 Neuropyramidal, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  19. SLM1968

SLM1968 New Member

It would be the network he wants to stay on the good side of, given that AMC broadcasts both shows and TWD is a huge money maker for them.

Besides it's always been and always will be a fan show, light on the critique and just a fun add-on to the show itself. I enjoy it but I just don't expect it to be (nor do I want it to be) more than what it is.

20. Neuropyramidal

There are many things I would change about TTD. First, I would do away with the non-TWD related guest. In place of that person, I would put a member of the TWD crew each week, who could give us behind the scene info regarding their aspect of the show. Like the props master, the boom operator, the locations scout person, wardrobe, make-up, stunt coordinator, safety person, animal trainer, etc. Occasionally I would allow a non-TWD related guest such as Yvette Nicole Brown, who goes out of her way to really contribute.

I would also play down the emphasis on random humor [often not funny] and play up the behind the scenes info and trivia. More of the show would involve Hardwick and others going on location. Maybe even with a 'nostalgia' segment, where we visited a location from an earlier season and gave some bts info about it. The trivia would be greatly expanded, and involve audience participation, people going up on stage jeopardy style or something.

The dumb internet questions where people ask things like "if Daryl could use a guitar as a weapon, what brand of guitar would he use" would be a thing of the past.

#80 Neuropyramidal, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015