Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

And I bet "Rick lives" came with some heavy strings.

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Seventh_son, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

They probably had to jump through hoops to keep "the golden goose" as part of the franchise.

Aside from the obvious ton of cash on the table, maybe he said "no more series" (which they figured out), and whatever they have planned for the character next had to be filmed in England.

Hell, maybe he pulled a Nicholson/Batman and and got a piece of the back-end (merchandising, etc.). The ball was totally in his court.

All of the agents, bean-counters, and laywers involved in this negotiation probably earned their pay for the year on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I read that the movies were actually his pitch. LOL

Blew THAT theory out of the water didn't I? :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Guess so.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

A zombified London could be an interesting location.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I believe him when he said he wanted to be home more. 6 months living away from his Family is tough. I also believe he loves the character and the story but when they killed off Carl, Andrew had a hard time wanting to continue to live away his family.

So Gimple came up with a solution. Leave the series and make some films. Allowing him to spend less time filming, should only take a few weeks or a month to film a 2 hour movie...assuming the filming schedule for 32 hours of a season. Plus they can film at different times of the year. It makes sense. Instead of spending 6 months in the States, he only has to spend a few weeks at most and he can do it at a time of the year where it's easier to bring his family if he wants.

In the end, after a few more years. Either return to the show for a few episodes or have the show finale be the third movie of his trilogy.

I'm thinking we will see this.
    S9 2018/2019
    S10 2019/2020
    Grimes movie #1 Summer 2020
    S11 2020/2021
    Grimes #2 summer 2021
    S12 2021/2022
    Grimes #3 series/story finale. A goodbye, farewell, amen for the series. Summer 2022

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of the controversy of The Walking Dead comic book being a rip-off on the apocalypse film 28 Days Later. :eek:

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I just realized that when Rick was saying I'm looking for my family, it echoed Andy's real life longing to get back to his own family.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

They could use footage from 28 Days Later. Mind you, those were some fast-movin’ zombies.

9. Biffster

I can’t see enough audience interest to milk the golden cow for that long to be honest. I mean, viewer interest has waned significantly already. I’d be surprised if the show lasts past the ninth season.

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Over 6 million people still watch the show. It isn't going anywhere. People tend to focus on the drop in ratings, which is significant. But they ignore that the show is still the most watched show on amc. There is no way they give that up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Don't forget the DVR Defense.

TWD's ratings suck? That's because everyone DVR's it now! :p

12. Biffster

Breaking Bad was the most watched show on AMC once, but they wisely wrote an ending to that while there was still a story left to tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying, that the story itself won't make it 3 more seasons. That's very possible. There are only so many "and the new bad guy is..." stories you can tell.

14. Biffster

Exactly. Witness how long it took for Negan to just become kind of ho-hum. And he was a well built up villain.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

And it could still lose over half of those viewers and remain one of, if not the most watched show on AMC.

AMC doesn't get great ratings. Breaking Bad in its peak averaged around what TWD's pulling now, in its lowest ratings in history. For better or worse, it's not going anywhere any time soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That movie still freaks me out when I watch it.