Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

andrea going soft at the end

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by Mixer, Aug 12, 2013.

1. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I'm inventing words

2. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Go tit= Got it

3. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

One day everyone will speak this language

4. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

Begin what exactly?

5. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I am a huge Andrea fan, both in the Comics and Show and i have defended her from the Moment i joined the Forum and continue to do so when People revive old threads about her to mock her character. She did not make poor decisions she just didn't make perfect ones, the only time i felt like i couldn't relate to her character was when she shot Daryl and it's been explained by the writers and actors why she did it.

So we can either bicker for several hours about a Long-dead character or we can just leave the subject alone.

6. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

I think you presume too much. No disrespect, but I also think you're maybe taking this show a bit too seriously, mate; I certainly wouldn't become an apologist for a make-believe character, nor am I prepared to "bicker for several [valuable] hours" about someone who does not exist.

Having said that, I still think we can analyze and interpret the meaning of characters in an artistic sense (they certainly don't 'need' to be "defended"). It goes without saying that the writers do want us to learn something from the figures they design and shape.

The hair-splitting between "poor" and "imperfect" decisions is entirely subjective, so I'll respect your personal judgment on the matter. As for me, I believe the strongest moral about the character, Andrea, at least in the third season, is encapsulated in the adage that "you reap what you sow". In the sequence of events, her fate was sealed long before her death by her seduction at the hands of the Governor's insidious charm. In a sense she is a victim. But she is also partially responsible for her own fate in the sense that she wilfully blinded herself to the clues that indicated that the Governor was Janus-faced. Her friend, Michonne, was able to perceive these indications long before Andrea could. Michonne's rapid assessment of the Governor saved her life; Andrea's sluggishness to see the Governor's true colours ended her's.

This is just my interpretation, not an invitation to argument.

Anyways...

7. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

At the end of the day Andrea was a day from dying in the woods, and if someone told me "This place is not what they say it is" with no real evidence or elaboration I cant say I'd have left. Michonne calls herself a friend to Andrea S3 but she told her NOTHING about herself, while Andrea did everything about her. If Michonne S4 had been there to support Andrea the outcome could have been different.

Also, Andrea did walk a dangerous line from Ep9+. She did not really blind herself from clues after ep8. She knew the Gov was not good, but she was genuinely concerned for the people after he abdicated, aka he had basically finished caring for Woodbury people. Also even if I knew someone was bad, I am not sure I could stick a knife in their throat as they sleep. It is worrying so many people act as if its an easy task. In actual fact its a known fact its easier to kill with a gun emotionally because you are removed from the victim. With a knife its more personal, and you feel the flesh get ripped. Andrea has killed walkers but that isnt the same as killing a human.

I wish they'd make Andrea's bond with citizens clearer, so in the latter half of S3, people would understand why she was trying so hard to avoid bloodshed. That is why they added Karen etc to make Andrea seem connected with innocent people but it wasn't enough really.

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Pretty much summed it up right there. Andrea was in no way "soft". She was tough as nails when she wanted to be, i'd have loved to see her this season but that went down the drain. Atleast we have Carol taking her storylines and development.

9. shakey

shakey Member

I think they should start putting those strength/mood indicators over the heads of all the characters in TWD so that some of the people on this forum might begin to understand that actions/decisions characters make are almost all predicated on the mental and physical stress they are enduring. Some are better at it than others. It irritates me the lack of empathy displayed here at times.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

When she shot Daryl it was comic relief.

11. Shooter

Shooter Member

She was beyond exhausted and had just witnessed her friend and possibly only ally get stabbed violently. Even the toughest person can break

12. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

She let him bite her. She saw her second chance to "opt out" and Dale wasn't around anymore to try to stop her. I was glad to see her go. She was "Tara" of the original cast.

13. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure she was suicidal anymore.

14. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Ya. Me either really. It was kinda of joking, kinda not joking. I just didn't care for her character that much. She always seemed to pick the wrong side, like Shane and the Governor, until it was too late.