Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrea needs to go

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by dogfighter, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Andrea has proven that she's not loyal to the group. She's the kind of woman that just wants to be around the guy that's on top. She attached herself to Dale and then when she was done with him she moved on to Shane. After the invasion of zombies on the farm she attached herself to Michonne and now she's rolling with the governor. I'm seeing a pattern here and I can see why Rick didn't get upset when she wanted to go back to Woodbury. He even gave her a car and a gun. Michonne told her that the Governor sent Meryl to kill her and she still went back. I got really mad when she told Carol that Rick is losing it. She's the one with the problem not him. I actually disliked this character more than I disliked Lori. She's living large in Woodbury while the rest of her former group members are suffering in a prison.

If I was Rick I wouldn't take her back after the Govenor is killed. You reap what you sew.

2. EvieE

EvieE Member

I don't much care for her character either but not for the reasons you've stated. I'm not sure about the Dale thing, they had more a father daughter relationship on the show and as much as I liked Dale, I don't think she latched on to him for anything. And as far as Michonne, I can't really blame for latching on to the person who saved her life. She thought her group abandoned her and being with someone is better than being alone in the ZA, she's not equipped like Michonne to survive on her own for long. What does annoy me about her is she doesn't seem to have any loyalty, she only hooked up with Shane is because she didn't like being told what to do in her original group and she wanted out. And we saw how quick she threw up the deuces to Michonne when she went to woodbury even though there were clues that things weren't right. And even as she found out things about the Gov, she turned a blind eye. Not sure if its blatant stupidity or she really loves this man that she's willing to forgive him anything. It's not really like she was ever loyal to Team Prison anyway as she was planning to leave them with Shane. She's just a frustrating character.

3. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

In all fairness, she did pull a knife on him, perhaps this is why she "went back"...Rick gave her that knife, we don't know if Rick knew the plan...now that she hasn't gone through with it though, who knows. She may officially be a double agent for Rick's group now....she did let them know about the army the Gov was forming....she has made mistakes, lots of characters have, I think she will come around, she is at least capable with weapons, making her useful at the very least....

4. Zachary P.

Zachary P. Member

I thank she will go back to the preson after she actually see's the Gov. try something agin. She did hold a kifle to him. She just can't kill him yet. But I thank she will trun around and go back to the group. I just don't see her geting killed off for a long time.

5. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Please read Laurie Holdens interviews and you will realise everything you have just said is bull and no one can fight with what Laurie Holden says because she plays Andrea she is told how its meant to be. Shes not loyal to Woodbury she cared for the people in Woodbury, If her loyalties lied with the gov she wouldnt dare think about killing him. She went back to Woodbury because she wants to protect the people there who are innocent. She always cared for Dale, she was a bitch to him because he stopped her taking the easy way out and Michonne never tried to convince her Woodbury is bad so she felt no reason to leave and ended up with the gov who she thaught was a innocent, good man. She never said Rick was loosing it she said he is going "cold" there is a big difference. Andrea is not the one with the problem, shes trying to fix the problem (Woodbury vs prison). And if you looked at her face when she was hugging thr gov you can tell she is uncompfortable so shes not "living it large" if she dosent feel comfortable. She is there for the innocent people, not the gov. Andrea is nothing but human and shes the one of the most realistic characters on the show.

6. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I think the only thing that would drive her to the prison is if the Governor viciously attacks her or banishes her.

She now knows all he has done and knows he still plans to slaughter them all. She knows this for sure and still went back.

Unless she is spying and has already made a plan with Rick that we don't know about.

7. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

It would be good but i highly doubt it but i do think Laurie Holden hinted comic Andreas coming :D

8. coyotedream1

coyotedream1 Member

I want her to stay with the gov, to fight for and alongside the gov, and to die next to the gov. At least then she'll be loyal to someone.

9. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Yes, Andrea is just a human, a very very foolish human. :zombies_lol:

10. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

If they turn her onto her comic path, she wont die anytime soon.

11. Maggie

Maggie Member

I used to LOVE Andrea. She went from a whiny victim to someone who rebelled against the hunter gatherer sterotypes and became a shooter and a guard. But I think one of her biggest character flaws is her need to be first lady. She classicly gravitates to whomever is the strongest leader and is immediately supportive in spite of her knowlege of obviously emotional/mental flaws. That's why she hated Lori so much, because she could never be First Lady in that group with Rick in charge. Of course if Shane was in charge, then she'd be first lady with him, hence her support of crazy jealous Shane and why she outright encouraged him to take out rick and stage a coup.

With the Govenor, she found someone who she could be First Lady to (could never do that with Micchone) And she stayed supportive of him in spite of HEADS IN FISH TANKS, zombie daughter (Complete reversal of previous stance - remember her anger over the failure of Rick to remove the danger Hershel's zombie family posed in the Barn at the Farm), lying to her about the prison, lying to her about his motives, being a crazy lying lyer lie pants.

With Andrea, I don't think it matters WHO is in charge as long as she is First Lady. Hell I bet she'd do Merle if he ended up in charge and she wanted to be his right hand bitch.

I don't think that she's all about the PEOPLE in Woodbury... I think she's all about the prestige she feels when ppl look to her to make decisions and take care of them. She DOES have a messiah/leadership complex and woodbury was the first place that she could fully embrace it. Ricks group would never accept her that way and Micchone will never forgive her 'betrayal'.

12. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

She never hated Lori, they got on well with her. She only Hated her after their argument about Beth and Lori was a b*tch to her saying "you sit on the RV working on your tan with a shot gun on your lap" and it never accured to me once that Andrea was "working on her tan", she wanted to defend the camp. As for the heads in the tanks, he give her a reason, it wasnt a good reason but its easy to believe something when your avoiding the truth. She just thaught he kept his daughter for the same reason Hershel kept people in the barn. If she didnt care for the people in Woodbury then why when Rick asked her to get them in she said "no there are innocent people!" instead of saying "no you cant hurt the town". She does care for the people and she does like the leadership role she has there but also now Loris gone if she rejoins the group and helps them whos to stop her becoming first lady?

13. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

i don't agree with the general message of Andrea is a traitor, not loyal to anyone, etc. Take Dale. They never had a romantic or even physical relationship. Any irritation she felt towards him in the beginning of S2 was due to his patronizing, controlling attitude.(which IMO, she had every right to feel offended) Even that conflict resolved itself over-time and they were completely amicable towards each other before he died. Any dispute he had about her growing close to Shane she just shrugged off. Regarding Shane, he was a single male in the group. Someone who she respected and felt safe around, if she wanted to hook up with him and develop a relationship good for her. No reason to label her a slut or whore though.

People who claim that Andrea abandoned her friend for the Gov's bed aren't giving the general living conditions enough thought in the ZA. Andrea appeared close to dying before they were captured. Even asking Michonne to leave her behind. To an outsider Woodbury offered Medicine, plentiful supply of food, safety, actual houses to live in, and a sense of Community, which i cannot stress the importance of enough. Michonne's immediate dislike of that place, and complete lack of communication regarding why they should leave would be hard for most people to swallow.(and was very unrealistic. Do we have a super ninja mind-reader on the show now?) Michonne left her, from my perspective.

Andrea took a big risk to sneak out to the Prison group, the repercussions of which we may still see in the future episodes. I think her action showed the governor that he will never be able to completely control her. He doubts her loyalty to him( as he should) and she is walking on very thin ice with him now. The only way she could convince him she was still on his side was to sleep with him, but the chemistry was so lacking. She looked withdrawn and uncomfortable to be so close to him, not even making eye contact. Even Rick noted that she is in a very difficult position.

I'm glad that she didn't kill him in bed because that would have been the end for her character. She can't exactly sneak back outside through the heavily guarded gates, and there's a good chance that the second in command...I'm forgetting his name...would still proceed with the plans for the Prison massacre. It seems obvious that this was just the beginning of Andrea's antagonism towards the Gov'. Andrea has taken a side, her old group's side. But she isn't going to do anything to shed anyone's blood unless absolutely necessary. And since this is Walking Dead we're talking about, when her time comes, it's going to be crazy.

14. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Well said. You have said so well what I was having a hard time articulating. The really annoying part is that she never actually does anything.

bwahahaha. omg - that struck me as funny!

15. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Eventually, someone who understands.

16. Lawman

Lawman Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Andrea was a civil rights attorney before the ZA. If that is the case she wants to help those that cannot help themselves. She also would have a "problem" killing a living human (as opposed to a zombie).

17. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

^ This. I don't know about the rest of you, but when Maggie had Andrea in her scope, I was hoping for her to pull the trigger. Save a lot of upcoming trouble.

18. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

You are correct.

19. Chaos

Chaos Member

What the actress says is irrelevant. What we actually see and observe is. We may disagree or have different interpretations. You seem to be in the minority on this one. Andrea is fickle. She means well one moment and and is self serving opportunist the next.

Also, there is no such word as "loosing".

20. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Not really considering its possible Andrea will be the one to kill the gov in the end which could save some of their lives.