Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrea

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by Chuck Norris, Jan 6, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

If people had payed enough attention to realize she was never going to be comic Andrea and judged the show only they wouldn't have hated her near as much and her death makes perfect sense. Honestly it was more of a miracle she made it that long than a shock she died.

2. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I didn't read the comics until after I saw the show so I had no expectations of Andre she was just usually annoying. When I did get to the comics it was a cool surprise to see a different version of the same character.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's one of the reasons i love the show. 2 totally different stories pretty much. It's great. Twice the fun.

4. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

itll be interesting to see how useful andrea will be w/o her sniper rifle. she wont be able to do anything for a while after getting her face based in like that. costly for the Survivors

5. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

For real...? It may not have been a huge shock, but she certainly should have made it further than she did.

I think the role was miscast and the character was poorly written and developed.... Which is why she was such a polarizing personality and mostly unpopular IMO.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Why? She just as easily had a full arc there. This is coming form a fan of hers. Everyone could live farther. Doesn't mean they should or we are entitled to it for some reason

7. The1WhoKnocks

Of course we're not entitled to anything as far as how the show is produced or how characters are developed, etc. I still don't like what they did with her TV character. It's my opinion..... which I am entitled to.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Cool. I just don't like she should have lived type comments. They come off like that. I don't like she's dead either but I don't like to make it sound like me wanting her to live means the writers were wrong somehow. It's just a peeve.

9. The1WhoKnocks

To be perfectly clear.... I am glad they killed off her TV character. As I stated in an earlier post, I personally think they cast the wrong person for the part and then botched the development of the character. Nothing against Laurie Holden, she did the best with what she had.

I would have liked to see the comic version of Andrea come to fruition on the show..... but it's a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

One day we'll be missing comic Andrea too. Sigh... They've improved a lot of comic characters so some are bound to be worse. It all works out in the end.

11. The1WhoKnocks

Yep. Comic Andrea is so much better than TV Andrea. TV Andrea was well intended, but had very poor judgement and was impressionable to a fault. She was more of a liability than an asset.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

For sure, the writers did no justice for TV Andrea..

I think this seasons Carol has been closer to comic Andrea than TV Andrea was..

• Like Like x 1
  13. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I'm digging comic Andrea soooooo much more. I was never really a fan of Andrea but since I've started reading the comics, I've noticed the large amount of potential lost with Andrea as a character in the show. She could have been sick!

14. Shooter

Shooter Member

I personally think Andrea will survive the series along with Carl and Sophia. Rick's dead though :(

15. Shumpert

Shumpert Member

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I KNOW! It's a bit weird that Carl would call her that, but it's also kind of cool.

17. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

He called her mom? That must have been awkward

18. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

That would be so cool if she did survive...at least she'd survive in the comics

19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Glen Mazzara should be ashamed of himself for killing off Andrea.

Hopefully Carol will take up some of Andrea's story..

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it wasn't like a one time thing. It seems he actually calls her Mom all the time now. Andrea and Rick were talking about him and she called him "our son", too. They're such a great family.