Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrea's best performance yet! Thank you writers!

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by mtamborra, Nov 19, 2012.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i already don't bring up the comic. i'm just playing devil's advocate.:Grin: and saying that that isn't a spoiler at all.

2. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

EVERYONE here knows when they are typing spoilers or close to it. If everyone can just help out and watch what you type then we can ALL speculate about whatever we want. Lets just be mature about it. We are all adults here. No more kid stuff.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Andrea killing the Gov would go a long way to redeeming her for me. Anything short of that would be too little too late. Calling her a whore is a little harsh. She's a dumb shit, but not a whore.

4. RicksRightHand

Given that no one did that, I think this whole comic spoiler issue has been blown completely out of proportion. I think you also need to give a bit more credit to those of us that have read the comic and keep well within the forums rules regarding spoilers.

The mods have already adressed the issue of spoilers a couple of times over the past few weeks so I don't think it's even necessary that we're having this discussion. Plus, it's completely derailed the topic of this thread. The mods will deal with anyone if they breach spoiler rules.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

agreed.

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Thanks everyone! See there are parts in the comics that will line up exactly with the TV Show, and knowing the comics and discussing this ultimately can spoil it for people. I think the "Phone Call" was a big part in the comics and most of you probably already knew the story behind it. However, people including myself have not read the comics and enjoy the surprises that we experience during the show.

It is a hard line to draw in the sand. We have many people that have had things ruined for them, yet we understand this is place where we discuss the show, the comics, and everything else. So we are stuck with how to deal with this. The only thing we can ask is for people to think of the following before they post.

• Is there a chance that people who have not read the comics might read this and have something spoiled.
    • Is my thread or post based on a spoiler that would ruin it for some people.
    • Is my thread or post simply open knowledge because it has already been aired on a episode.

Then we have the cases where people are simply guessing and in fact have guessed something correctly. Someone who knows spoilers and the comics may jump in and confirm such information when it was merely a guess. All we ask is that when you post just think of us who enjoy the unknown, the excitement, and don't want it ruined.

We have spoiler tags, which for the most part, give people the option to see the hidden information. Since we can't have spoiler tags in thread titles, we ask that no spoilers go in the thread title.

It is a delicate balance. We don't want to have people leave because spoilers have run rampant throughout the forum. We also don't want to be the Spoiler Police. We are pretty easy going here, and enjoy having all you guys here. The moderators are extremely helpful and they have to keep an eye out for comic and TV spoilers.

We just want it to be enjoyed by all.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

that spoiler tag was too much. ruined everything. :p

8. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

[MENTION=1191]mtamborra[/MENTION], you seem to have this conception that just because someone doesn't like Andrea, they're biased against her because she had sex with someone.
    There are lots of reasons to dislike Andrea. She is arrogant, naive, and at times careless. I'm not saying I hate her character, but she definitely makes it hard to like her sometimes. There have been a few moments when I thought she rocked, but most of the time she leaves me rolling my eyes and telling her to get over herself.

9. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

If the Carol/Daryl dynamic goes a similar route, no prize for guessing where the hate is gonna go. lol

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sigh, yes I can see that coming..

11. rabscuttle1

I hope Daryl and Carol get together. They need each other.

12. page

page Well-Known Member

Women shouldn't be allowed to have sex. Only men.

No, wait!

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the problem lies with several new members. They advised over several posts that they were watchers of the forum & have decided to join the forum to make a complaint on posters writing posts about both comic & tv series.

Some personal responsibility needs to be taken for choosing to join a forum where you are aware posters speak of both comic & series together.

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes me too..

15. quickness26

quickness26 Member

Andrea is a douchè at this point and I would of spoiler tagged it but I'm too stupid to learn how. Sorry.

16. rabscuttle1

I still don't think she qualifies as a whore. It was the Gov that came on to her first not the other way around.

17. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Again, the problem is not Andrea having sex, it's the fact that her whole storyline this season so far was to get laid with the Governor. She IS being written as the whore of the show. So, so many things they could do with her and they basically wasted I don't know how many episode to make her flirt with Merle and then the Governor. The whole point of her of "Hounded" was pretty much to get laid with the bad guy. That's the problem with Andrea's character. It is a matter of bad writing.

18. Komodia

Komodia Member

She isn't a whore. She is probably attracted to the type in power, its a personal preference. Just because someone has a set of standards/attraction on who they would sleep with doesn't mean they are whoring themselves (most people have some standard, hopefully!) while an actual whore has a price and whoever meets that price gets the product.

19. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

breakdown:
    back to the thread topic. i dont like the actress andrea. she got only about 2,5 facial expressions. she never played well IMO. she is the only actor in the cast i disliked from the first moment.

like i said its my opinion. i feel that way without intention. from this forum i learned today what made me disliking the character of the show. as for the actress. i wouldnt wanna talk with her in real life. im not mad at her, im just not intrested at all.

this would be different with all the other guys from the show.

20. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Laurie Holden is TERRIFIC in the Mist! Gosh, if Andrea was anything like that character in the Mist... I'd be more than happy.