Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrea's best performance yet! Thank you writers!

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by mtamborra, Nov 19, 2012.

1. yangxai

yangxai Member

Lol this thread is funny. I'm in the camp of not liking Andrea. First She always seems to show angry facial expressions all the time even when she's happy. Secondly there's just something odd about her demeanor that doesn't jive with everybody else. She's the only one on the show that really Likes the killing of zombies. Everyone else Kills zombies but not out of fun or because they want to prove something to someone; they do it out of purpose. Strong Characters like Rick, Daryl, Glen don't go out their way to put themselves in danger. They do it to achieve a goal. Andrea has no goal, she only does it for herself. She's a loose cannon and that'll eventually endanger the group or get someone killed; like when she almost killed Daryl.

2. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

^ Pretty much this. Instead of finding out more about Woodbury, reasoning with Michonne, or doing anything else, she just focused on making googly eyes at the Governor.

3. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

There are a couple of characters that are gonna have to choose sides. Daryll and andrea.

there is one thing I personally need to see from the comics, It solidified andrea for me. If it doesn't happen then they are definately taking the character in a totally different direction. ( more than they already have)

I need to see Andrea....

4. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

my feelings arent quite this strong....but. in the show andrea is very drawn the men in charge. A poor writing decsion I believe but it is what it is. I think they were trying to establish that andrea is begining to feel complete. the whole woodbury experience for her may even be better than the life that she led before. now she's the first lady. all of this will make for a much more dramatic decision moment....where she may have to choose between the old group or the new.

#84 Skullberry, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Andrea is the worst character in the tv show so far. I blame the writers personally.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

ever think it was intentional? bad characters have to exist to.

7. Komodia

Komodia Member

Not necessarily. The preference/standards create chemistry to that person. She has an attraction to the Governor, chemistry, which could be from those preference/standards (if these standards are moral or not is another story). A whore would bang whoever is paying her even if she has no attraction/chemistry what so ever. I haven't seen Andrea sleep with someone who she doesn't have chemistry with because they gave her money so no she isn't a whore. She had chemistry for Shane and she has it for the Governor.

8. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Nope. They just don't know how to develop characters. Perfect example last night was with Neil. One minute he's a pussy then the next he's some tough guy.

9. yangxai

yangxai Member

Maybe you are right and it is intentional; but there track record with writing female character's has been pretty abysmal. Maybe they are just not good at writing female characters.

10. Komodia

Komodia Member

I didn't understand that either! When Merle gave him an excuses of not having to go after Michonne I thought he would jump on it. The only thing I could think of is that he got some guts after killing that zombie before it had killed Merle so maybe got a rush from that and wanted to finish the task or perhaps it was more about lying to the Governor, maybe he rather finish the task then have to lie. Perhaps when he wanted to bail on the mission before he wasn't planning on lying so it was still a safe route for him to contemplate.

11. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Garguilio :Chainsaw: lol.
    was this guy in the comic, or was this improv? Either way, I thought that Rooker did a great job.
    *12*

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I never hated Andrea and I never really liked her. But about her Comic Character, I hated her ever since she

Seriously wtf?

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

oh my god this made me laugh out loud.....

#93 PepperAnn, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

all the other female characters were fine.

15. PepperAnn

OK THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD TOO. So true....

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it definitely is true.

17. PepperAnn

I just got through this whole thread and I wanted to take a moment and personally thank everyone for a really entertaining read. And Rabs....I really want a twinkie now dammit.

18. RDZ

RDZ Member

I agree, strange the 180 they did with him.

19. RDZ

RDZ Member

Agreed. I think she is wishy washy, one minute she is complaining about the gladiator games, the next episode she is saying she likes them but doesn't like that she likes them. She is yin and yang.

Although I'd say Michonne is at a higher level than Andrea when it comes to killing zombies.

20. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

:Grin: