Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrew Lincoln signs on to do Penguin Bloom alongside Naomi Watts

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, Jul 27, 2019.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

My train of thought keeps drifting off every time I get to Naomi Watts; can someone summarize the rest of the article?

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This is unlikely to affect the TWD movies. Lincoln signed on to the TWD movies first, and feature films don't take up anywhere near the length of a filming season for something like TWD. A busy actor can fairly easy have starring roles in 2 or 3 movies in a single year, and still have time off.

4. lastcat3

Neuro I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that we have heard virtually nothing about the Rick movies. All we have gotten since the announcement is about a ten second teaser that they could have scraped together without any work being done on the movie at all.

Not saying that Andy's new gig would affect the Rick movies but for all intents and purposes it doesn't seem like the Rick movies are being worked on at all.

5. Neuropyramidal

That's the way its been though for most TWD shows during the pre-production phase. Before production actually starts, we tend to go relatively long periods without really hearing anything of substance. It was the same after they made the very first announcement of FTWD. We were in the dark about FTWD for many months. Longer than we have been in the dark for the movies so far. Once more active production, location scouting, etc starts, we will start to get more regular updates. Plus they are motivated to keep things under wraps as it is. TWD3 is unfolding a little faster, likely just due to the timing and the fact that Rick's thing is movie and not 10-16 episodes to get working on. The SDCC teaser was the sign that everything is on track. The filming for Penguin Bloom won't be anything significant, it will probably last 6 or 8 weeks, like the average feature film.

#5 Neuropyramidal, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lastcat3

Possibly and we'll have to see. To be honest I have a hunch that they are waiting to see what the ratings for season 10 turn out to be like. Even though a portion of the audience liked season 9 a lot more than the previous seasons the ratings for 9 fell off just as much as they did for seasons 7 and 8. There wouldn't be much point to making an actual TWD full length movie when interest in the franchise continues to fade like it has been fading.

7. Neuropyramidal

They are still the highest rated scripted series on cable. I don't think there is much to wait for. It doesn't make really any sense that they would put a teaser at the 2019 CC if they planned on waiting out season 10 to decide on the movies.

#7 Neuropyramidal, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Andy with Cameron (the role Andy has been cast to portray) and Sam Bloom in Australia

Andy with his glasses.....YES AND THANK YOU
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Cameron Bloom post about the reaction of his wife and kids when finding out Andy would be portraying him in the movie
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

It will be the strangest thing to see Andy in a different role, but I'm looking forward to seeing him tackle a new character. I used to love him in Teachers, a British comedy drama series... it's like that happened in another lifetime now. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

First things first......awwwwww baby Andy is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E

I started watching that on Tubi last year....I need to finish

Those damn British panel shows on youtube have held my attention as of late

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Photos of Andy on set of his new movie "Penguin Bloom" with Naomi Watts:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

source: www.digitalspy.com

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Andy/Rick thinks he sees Carol on a fishing boat!!!!!
    [​IMG]

trying to find out if Michonne is with her:
    [​IMG]

Sad Andy/Rick because Michonne is not with Carol. *Ahem* Andy/Rick.....she is back in Virginia kissing EZEKIEL!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Heartsick Andy/Rick asking his mates what he should do about the Michonne/Ezekiel kiss
    [​IMG]

Andy/Rick considering the ideas that his above mates gave him about Michonne kissing Ezekiel. PS Naomi thinks it is a WONDERFUL idea they have come up with:
    [​IMG]

Andy/Rick kisses Naomi!! Take that Michzekiel!!!!
    [​IMG]

Afterglow:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Teachers... Ha! You want to see "This Life" from 1996-97 in the UK.
    My wife and I enjoyed that as a young couple back in the day... keep meaning to watch it again some day:)