Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrew Lincoln Wants Out?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Kilroy was here, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

OH NOZZ!

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I call bullshit, just like the rumor about NR and EK dating.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take it too seriously from Ok! magazine. They are notorious for making claims that they have had an 'exclusive' interview with celebrities, only to have that celebrity later say "ummmm, no you didn't".

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Tabloid bullshit most likely, but it must be difficult for him having to juggle work in the US with family back home for so many months out of the year. I couldn't really blame him if he actually did want to leave.

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Regardless if true or not, I don't think the show is lasting as long as some think

6. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

That's a strategy Andy's using to pressure producers. Gimple and Kirkman wants Rick with Daryl, but Andy wants Eugene's sexy booty.

7. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

But is he also having Jennifer Aniston's baby? Inquiring minds want to know.

8. Neuropyramidal

Personal opinion, or something you read? It seems the current plan is to keep the option for the wall around the Gin until 2019, during which time they would be filming season 10.

9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's true. OK! Magazine is where I get all of my news.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Just opinion. You have the small things, like this rumor that always pops up, Chandler saying he wants to go away to college, etc. There's the looming court case with Darabont, where he's in line to receive millions and millions of dollars if he wins. There's also the companion series. Not only do I think it will hasten the burnout in ratings(I think we'll see it already this year), but it will make it easier to end the original show if the Darabont settlement and the new contracts the cast have coming up don't make smart business to continue. Hopefully it lasts for a long time, but we'll see.

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

lol. I think it's going to get to at least season 8 or 9. They have the gin property booked for quite a while.

12. Neuropyramidal

I haven't really followed the Darabont case in detail, so correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Darabont is just suing AMC, right, not specifically the executive producers of TWD. So even if he won, wouldn't it just come out of AMC's general pocket, and there'd be no reason that it would affect one show more than another? If AMC was faced with having to pay out some multiple millions of dollars, I would think the last thing they would do is cancel their most popular show. He doesn't really have a copyright case with TWD, because the rights were signed over to AMC. I would think it would be the shows with lesser ratings that should worry.

My personal opinion is the Andrew Lincoln claims are an exaggeration of comments he's made in general about it being a tough life at times. Just my opinion. The Chandler college claim is mildly worrisome, but about 15 weeks of filming would be during his summer vacation, and if we combine that with him using a few fall semester breaks and maybe filming a bit out of order, I think they could work around it.

Maybe i'm being optimistic, but I feel fairly comfortable about seeing seasons 9 and 10.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Re: the article, yeah. It's definitely bullshit. In fact on my bullshitometer, it's reading a solid 13.4-- and it's supposed to top out at 10. If, however, it is true and my bullshitometer is in need of recalibration, there are two possible routes the show could take:
    1. New main character. Carl. Or Eugene. Or go back to day one and follow Lee Everett. ;) anyone, as long as it isn't Daryl. But of course my money is on him not making the end credits of season six, so there's that.
    or
    2. Like the ridiculous article said, recast. I can't think of many people who could nail the role... But one.

14. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

here's the latest article on the lawsuit
    http://deadline.com/2015/08/walking...arabont-caa-amc-amended-complaint-1201491755/

15. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Interesting article.

We'll see what comes of this [looks at Magazine name]

[​IMG]

16. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, so it sounds like even if he were to win big, it just comes out of AMC's general cash fund. I don't see this as being a specific threat to TWD. The bulk of his case is over wrongful termination. I didn't realize he was trying to cash in on FTWD too, which I think is a complete overstep.

17. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait and see if a more reputable outlet starts jumping on-board with this. OK! along with Star are two of most inaccurate tabloids of the 'big ones' - even if something was said, it wouldn't be too surprising if they twisted and bloated it up... its the media, this shit happens all the time.

However, assuming it is true it would make sense from a certain point of view. Moving from Britain to the states so often and the load that must put on your family would get tiring. None of us actually know Andrew, who knows how he feels about this.

I agree.

I wouldn't worry. According to the article I read he wants College as a "back-up plan" in case acting doesn't work out, and the good thing about College is that with most of them you can enroll at pretty much any age. He's never even implied that he wants to drop out of TWD [as far as I know of] - if anything he's been vocal with saying the opposite for years and how he hopes he doesn't leave/be killed off. He's expressed how he wants to branch out to different genres, that doesn't mean he cant do that and film TWD. Actors work on multiple projects multiple times, Chandler has already done it a few times.

I think what seals the deal though is that Andrew Lincoln is an experienced actor with a resume, it'd be much easier for him to find work if he leaves the show for whatever reason, this isn't the case with Chandler Riggs. A lot of child actors don't actually act when they becomes adults for a number of reasons. It's harder to find work. However he unlike a lot of young actors landed one of the biggest TV roles he possibly could at the time. I would be very surprised if he wanted out.

18. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Funny.

Any hack lawyer is going to spam every little bit of anything for his client. At best, Darabont could get compensation for the time he was part and at best a percentage of anything after with a limit.

You can wish in one hand and crap in the other....

As far as the other article. Do we really need to pull up other breaking news from them to put it all into perspective?

Wait. I need to get my alien some earl grey. Pickard made it so and they love it.

19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

20. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

No idea if the story has any basis in fact, but if it does, recasting the role is just about the worst possible solution, even with somebody as accomplished as