Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrew Lincoln's worst acting in the series.

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by Franklin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Franklin

Franklin Member

I've been impressed with the acting in the series. I think Andrew is a really good actor. However, every actor will hit a bump in the road. This is strictly my opinion. I think Rick crying about Lori's death was the worst acting in the series to date. Sorry but I can't take Rick seriously in the scene.

Do you think about Andrew's acting in this scene?

You can see it here and judge for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So-kKed7AAM

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think it's an award winning performance.

3. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

The worst acting performance to date has been Tomas.

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Is it just me or we have more complainers on Season 3 than Season 2 had?

At first I thought when he said "Oh no" sounded silly but I never really had anyone in my life died so now I understand how heartbreaking he is and he sounded so confused.

I hope Andrew Lincoln wins an emmy for this.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Really? I personally don't think anyone has done a bad job. Tomas was a believable asshole to me.

6. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I think it was Andrew's best performance to date.

7. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

He tried to hard with words instead of actions in my opinion.

8. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I thought it was 'over the top', but that is the opinion of a single guy without kids. So that's all I'll say.

9. Rokassan

Rokassan New Member

Well Ill share my personal experiences. Ive been a Police Officer for 12 years. Ive gone with Homicide and Traffic Homicide to make notifications of the death of loved ones. Ive responded to scenes where someone is dying or has died. Everyone reacts differently. Ive seen people display no emotion, Ive seen people go hysterical. People feel an avalanche of emotions when they lose someone...disbelief, denial,anger. Its a strange thing to witness. Andrew Lincoln was very believable.

10. Rokassan

Rokassan New Member

Im a Deputy in Miami-Dade county...theres no shortage of human misery here.

11. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Wow, this scene was pretty much universally aclaimed and yet you'll find a few who actually thought this was bad acting o_O

The scene is so believable, it's exactly how many people reacts. So glad they didn't follow the Hollywood clichés - people are too used to them.

12. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

There's definitely more complainers this season, but that's a good thing. It means more viewers. TWD is getting huge, and that flushes the trolls and nitpickers.

13. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

I think Andrew Lincoln is brilliant and that scene just so believable. Heartbreaking to watch. As Rick he really was suffering hurting and in pain. Damn.

14. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

To be fair, at first I felt the same way. But after watching it a few times, I realized that my initial reaction to it is mainly due because it is highly uncharacteristic of the Rick character to openly break down like that. It is awkward seeing Rick behaving in such a fashion (weeping and falling in the fetal position). Remember though, he just lost his wife!! It's not like he is crying because his best ascot was lost & Elton John Tribute Day is the following week...

15. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

People react differently to deaths. I for one am usually emotionless for a while.
    I had a friend that died when I was 12 in a car wreck and I was numb til the memorial and funeral.
    My grandpa died in June and it was the same case.
    It might sound or look silly to you, but I think it was spot on.

16. Talking Frog

Talking Frog New Member

I thought Rick was good up to the point when he started rolling on the ground. I was believing it until then.
    Good, but it could have been better.
    Remember Al Pacino in The Godfather when his daughter was shot?
    Pacino was over the top in that scene, but the WD directors could have taken a page from Coppola on that one!

#16 Talking Frog, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  17. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Wow, another thread about Andrews acting, just what we needed , lol. Just like Rokassan stated, unfortunately in my line of work I have seen many people react to the death of their loved ones in many different ways, including the way Rick reacted. I have said it several times, and I will say it again I think he was spot on.

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Moved to the forum for episode 304. Please be mindful of spoilers for others and keep any information regarding the latest episode in it's designated forum for a week or two. Not everyone gets to see the new episodes at the same time as the US.

Anyway, I think it was fantastic acting. I watered up a bit. The worst acting of the series remains Shane, imo...

19. Joenips

Joenips Member

I think Andrew did a fantastic job here.

In one of the extra videos that AMC post Andrew explained that he wanted this to represent the moment that Rick breaks and Rick falling down on the ground is supposed to represent him fall apart.

[video=youtube;6Ni4lIF5n0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ni4lIF5n0M&list=PLC7EC9FB2E211A261&index= 2&feature=plpp_video[/video]
    5:53

20. Jack.

Jack. Member

I genuinely think it was amazing scene. Andrew Lincoln is much better then many of the actors in some of the blockbuster films out there.