Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrew Lincoln's worst acting in the series.

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by Franklin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

I agree, he has grown so much as an actor. I was never very impressed with him earlier in the series but he is a total BADASS now!

2. Clutterbuckz

Clutterbuckz Member

You cannot be serious! this is what award winning acting is- it doesn't come across as acting! if only the emmys or globes took notice of shows like this - andrew lincoln would be a lock in. His acting in the series is always 100% committed and often pretty low key - allowing other actors their place in the spotlight. He comes across as a very unselfish actor who does not hog the limelight and only wants what is best for the show. A good example is his recommendation of David Morrissey for the role of the governor - he knows David is a great actor and wants that for the show. His performances make the show believable when it could very easily fall into parody. As you can tell I am a big fan and I hope that Andy gets many more roles in the future with all the recognition that can bring. The end!

3. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

I agree with just about everyone else on this thread. Andrew did a wonderful job. I have seen people freak in these situations. I think the situation alone along with knowing Carl probably had to put her down AND the fact that he has had a very long road since he left the hospital all factored in this breakdown. Rick will be a totally different man now, possibly not someone we want to see, that is the show.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I enjoyed his whole performance in that scene, but for some odd reason it's the beginning that really gets to me. Don't get me wrong, his realization that Carl did it and "awww no" is heartbreaking, but it's when he looks confused and is asking where Lori is that I really felt it. It's just a complete puzzled and breaking-down look while he repeats "where is she". That really hit home for me. Been there before....

5. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah it was amazing. I hope Andrew Lincoln gets some award for that.

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

Please read what this topic is actually about. I haven't said anything offensive. This topic isn't about real life experiences.

I am judging Andrew's acting skills. In my opinion his reaction was over the top. The falling on the ground seemed comical. His tone of voice while saying "aww no" didn't sound serious or sad. To me it had a bit of sarcasm.

7. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

If it sounded sarcastic to you I accept that. I just have trouble accepting the "overacting" thing because I have seen people reacting to losing someone very close to them being that way. Collapsing and just hysterical.

8. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I thought it was pretty damn realistic.. Bad acting??

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

To what would he be being sarcastic? What would he be being sarcastic to?

How the hell do you word that? LOL

10. dax

dax Member

I thought he did a great job. No complaints here.

11. RoyalShock

RoyalShock New Member

Like an earlier poster I registered just to reply to this topic. (I watched the first episode just 10 days ago. 23 episodes later and I'm seeing walkers in the yard every time I open the door!)

Several of the immediately previous scenes between Rick and Lori demonstrated how Rick was walling himself off from her emotionally. How many times did she make it clear she wanted to talk but Rick would have none of it? At first I thought maybe he was showing more emotion than someone who was growing more and more emotionally distant would display. But I think the first part of the scene, with the way he seemed to be resisting the obvious, was the sudden regret of putting her and their relationship off. It was too late to go back and now she was gone forever. The breaking point was realizing what Carl was forced to do.

I thought it was a fantastic scene.

12. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Im really impressed that he was able to do it without his British accent breaking in and out. That can't be easy to do.

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

GOOD LORD!!!! You must be DREAMING nothing but The Walking Dead. I thought my catch up was epic back when I started watching last January.

14. Pharris

Pharris Member

I thin kthe acting was great, sincere and very believable. Furthermore, Rick had a similar reaction in the pilot episode when he got back to his home and found Lori and Carl gone. When intense grief and despair hits, many people can simply stand no more.

15. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Holy shit Andrew Lincoln is BRITISH?! Where have I been? I really need to watch more Talking Dead or something since I've watched the show from the beginning but have managed to never have caught an interview with Lincoln. Guess I missed that memo. Though I did know about Lauren Cohen's English persuasion.

16. Love2H8Carl

Love2H8Carl New Member

loved it, thought he nailed that scene. Very realistic.

17. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Andrew Lincoln's performance for a man in disbelief and then breaking down was perfection and brilliant. I remember the film 7 with Brad Pitt & Morgan Freeman and Brad's character gets hit with knowing his wife was murdered and beheaded. First reaction was No!! He's lying. Seeing Rick and the look he had when he heard the baby crying and then seeing his wife wasn't there? Disbelief and shock. Getting hit with the realization that his wife is truly gone and not coming back. Of course he is going to say No!! and act it wasn't happening and real and then seeing Carl's face. When he broke down and started crying and fell to the ground. I started to weep and cry seeing all the hurt and pain he was going through.

18. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Ong totally agree! Se7en to a T!

19. wolffe

wolffe Member

seconded

20. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

This. The whole package. Not just this 15 second clip.