Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrew Lincoln's worst acting in the series.

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by Franklin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Actually Ryan Kwanten who plays Jason Stackhouse is an Aussie. And hot as hell haha. It's actually funny, I know this isn't a true blood forum but so many of the main characters arent American. Bill Compton is british, Jason is australian, Eric is Swedish....hell even Sookie is Canadian! Haha

2. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

For the first time I noticed a tear rolling off Chandler's face near the end of the clip... nice haha

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

That was actually pretty incredible acting, imo.

It was raw, and it was a reaction of pure shock, despair and agony. A realistic reaction when you find out that your wife has died and that your son had to put his mother down.

4. asdf

asdf Member

R U kidding? That has to be the most convincing and relevant tear-filled outburst within the context of the series I have seen anywhere - TV or big screen. Deserves an Emmy nod at the very least for that alone. I still get shudders revisiting that scene.

5. Darth Los

Darth Los Member

This ^.

None of us knows how we're going to react when put in a stressful situation.

Imo, the acting in this show is superior. There might have been a stumble here and there but i can't for the life of me recall a scene where i rolled my eyes and was like "that was awful".

One of my favorite scenes in the series is in the episode Nebraska where Rick and Glenn are going to scoop Herschel up from the bar. I thought the part where herschel is talking to Rick about how when the walkers were let out of the barn and he saw they were no longer people he realized what a fool he had been and how he knew there was no hope and how Rick knew it too. Goosebumps man.

:hatchet:

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree. With the exception of Brenthal's(Shane) physical acting. That guy, while good for the part, had more annoying ticks than a broken clock. It's almost like he was trying too hard, ya know?

7. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

*Scrunches forehead

8. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

lol, who's bumping all the lala is a horrible actor because of their crying, I'm surprised there's not a thread of Laurie Holden is a horrible actress because of her crying scene when Amy died... or Lauren Cohan when Hershel was dying...

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it actually fit Shane pretty well even though it annoyed me.

10. Darth Los

Darth Los Member

I ctually know a couple of people like that, so i thought it was fine. And not coincidentally they're both cops. Man that's a stressful job.

:hatchet:

11. MDixon fan

MDixon fan Member

I actually loved that one, didn't think Lincoln could be so convincing lol

12. rhizin

rhizin Member

What should he have done? The usual "hero warcry" routine? I think is was brilliantly acted. It takes something to go that far. Brits are usually better with emotional stuff like that.. more theatre training and practice. Gives them a much wider range than a lot of american actors have. I am glad they used this ability instead of the stunted, formalized "grieve cry" that is used so often but never done by anyone in real life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. rhizin

rhizin Member

Like he did in the very first episode... when he thought he lost the family. It was simply consistent.

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I loved that he made himself so vulnerable and real. A lot of people thought that scene was ridiculous. I found it very moving. Grief is never a pretty sight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rhizin

rhizin Member

Maybe people who find it ridiculous have never experienced emotions so strong they overwhelm you totally physically as well as mentally.
    I found it more telling that not a single person in that group reacted and tried to be there for him. Like kind of every time he needs someone (until Michaunne shows up).

16. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Wasnt there a short time jump after that? Season finale wasnt it? I think they tried but he was isolating himself. He was wandering the woods when the next season started i think. I could be remembering wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. rhizin

rhizin Member

Later does not count. React immediatly in such a situation, or it is to late. Michaunne just knocks him out the first time he goes off the rails again, but in that moment, it was exactly right. They wouldn't have to say anything, or do anything, but be there. Show him that someone cares and he is not alone to carry all the weight. But most people can't deal with and/or are afraid of situations like that.

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Glenn tried to comfort him deep in the prison when he was holing up by himself and going nuts....and he almost punched Glenn. He wouldn't let anyone near him if I remember correctly.

19. rhizin

rhizin Member

Yes, but that was in the next episode. If someone breaks down like that in front of you, you react immediatly. A couple of minutes can be too late, let alone hours or days.

edit: just had a look at it again. When the episode sets in Rick is already up again and zoned out completely. At least Daryl tries something. Then baby cries and everyone goes there. Rick leaves for the prison interior with an axe. Nobody really cares, because everyone seems to think that newborns die if they don't eat immediatly (which is really stupid).

#99 rhizin, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1