Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Another reason why the group is lost without Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by Conch Republican, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Conch Republican

You'd think Glenn, and especially a soldier, would know better by now than to walk right into Terminus.

The BA team (shout out to BA "Bad Ass" Barracus) of Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl knew better to reconnoiter the place since, as everyone should know by now, nothing is as good as it seems and deception rules the day in this new world.

2. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

i agree.. i mean.. Rick is the only one who thinks that they should do some recon first? come on..

3. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

You would also think the doctor, who is smarter then everyone else, would have thought to not walk right in.

4. Elvis_Mazur

Elvis_Mazur Member

Just because he's good in certain areas of science, doesn't mean he should be a good strategist too.

5. Oiwa

Oiwa Member

This is because the show is plot driven, not character driven. It's also what caused Andrea to look like an idiot by staying in Woodbury. She was used as a plot device because it was needed for the story.

as you said, glenn and abe should have known better. if you use their characters' normal common sense, glenn, abe, and maybe bob would have told the others to make camp overnight while they spent the night scouting the town.

instead, they "needed" to be captured so that rick could meet them in the way they did.

additionally, rick was still an idiot. when you scout, you don't just sneak in the back and say "hi, guys. here i am." you observe what they are doing and saying. you look in the other buildings. you observe the entire community before you commit to saying hi.

see, rick was stupid. just less stupid.

6. Hershell Walker

That's because according to the comics Eugene...

7. Conch Republican

I kinda figured that.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not really.

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I agree that Glenn and company just walking in to Terminus was stupid, but what Rick and his group did wasn't that smart either.

I would've staked the place out a few days; see how many people are there, how they behave and what's going on. When I had enough intel, I'd either go inside or keep moving.

And the moment Gareth opened his mouth, I would've walked out...with my gun pointed at his head as I backed out of there. I knew that smug bastard was trouble in three seconds.

10. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Was expecting a topic about Shane.

Leaving disappointed.

11. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not one of their better moves, to just go straight in. Staking out the place would've been a lot smarter. At least Rick had the foresight to bury the guns & ammo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

They still ended up in the box car. I like Rick, but he was as blind as the rest.

13. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

-

Ha, ha, me too. I love Shane. Even the arguments between Shane-bashers and Shane-lovers.

14. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I feel like they all fell for it so easily because they all wanted to believe that it was really a safe haven.