Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anybody can exlain...

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by NakedCity, Dec 5, 2016.

1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Why Carl didn't shoot at Negan? (??!) What was the hesitation for? He had a speech prepared? :zombies_confused:

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yes pretty dumb. Leans out of the truck "Where's Negan?" I'm going to kill him! Negan pops up standing there wide open, Carl suddenly becomes entranced. Must be the whistling. lol.

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

The moment got to him. The reality of it. He could kill Negan. But he would die too. Without question. Basically, he's Bruce Willis at the end of Armageddon. Pull the trigger and you'll maybe/probably/yes/not/unsure save the lives of others who you care about, but you'll definitely die.

Most full-grown adults would heasitate st the very least in a moment like that, let alone a 14-year old who is self-conscious about his aim.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I came here to say this exact thing, and you did all the work for me. Except I wasn't planning on mentioning Bruce Willis.

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Let it never be said that I won't go the extra mile in the name of hyperbole and tortured metaphors.

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yeah I can kind of see how they would've all jumped Carl if he had shot Negan, but...
    I was kind of disappointed, then again I thought maybe he's not sure of his aim...
    Maybe he killed those two men by accident, maybe he was aiming for Negan...
    But these saviors, what would that community really do without Negan?

They'd fall to pieces, and they might form some half-assed gang like those early bikers, the claimers...
    But what about all the communities, a few they'd be able to 'keep under control,' like maybe the Hilltop...
    So long they can make believe Negan's "somewhere."
    That would be kind of a hoot.

I am all wondering how their bond's going to turn out.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Carl had a second chance to kill Negan. When Negan was giving the speech to the Saviours in that platform, Carl was, sort of, standing a little behind to Negan's left. Carl had Lucille and he could just bang Negan's head from behind.

8. Zombie_Penguin

Carl probably can't help but like Negan, just like the rest of us. Also Negan shielded himself with that one guy. I never really understand why they play out scenes like that when in reality you prob would just shoot first and think later, but where'd be the fun in that.

9. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

BTW a human shield will rarely stop a rifle bullet should you find yourself in a similar situation.

10. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Seriously, Carl? You killed two people. Nonsense

I think he hesitated when Negan went behind the male Savior. In his little speech he told them that he only wants Negan and no one else had to die.

11. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Cause it's TV and the storyline can't propel forward if Negan dies that easily.

12. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

When Carl stayed on the truck when Jesus jumped off I started thinking... [​IMG]
    and by the end of the episode I was correct. Way to go CARRRRLL. 1st you get all the guns taken away, now you get lil ass kicker (Judith) on the lap of Negan... Truly only Carl knows how the f*ck sh@t up. Someone needs to sit Carl down and say "YOUR F*CKIN' UP WORST THE SPENCER OR FATHER GABRIEL!!! YOUR F*CKIN' UP CARLLLL"

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

The main objection for Carl was to kill Negan. He does not hesitate to kill 2 men...Then gets everyone to lower their weapons and then decides to not shoot Negan??? Poor writing there.....so many scenarios one could come up with on why he didn't shoot him besides...just Not doing it. Then later Carl could have clubbed him with the bat. Carl wants nothing more then to kill Negan and he could have done it 3 times already with no risk to anybody but himself- Stupid.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Then don't write stupid scenarios.

15. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I didn't notice Negan used a human shield...after Carl took down those two men. Glad i watched the episode again!

#15 TheSlayingTaco1, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It would have been much more useful for Carl to go back with Jesus with the knowledge of where the Sanctuary is located, without Negan knowing that they have that knowledge. But then we wouldn't have had the awesome comic scenes come to life :)

17. LGRitz13

LGRitz13 Member

For those saying Carl could have beat Negan with Lucille, that is not very feasible. Did he have the opportunity to hit Negan when his back was turned on that platform? Yes. But, one hit is all he would have gotten. One hit from a teenager (and one who is not seemingly that physically strong) would not have done a lot of damage. He would not have inflicted the force Negan did on Glenn in one hit because A) Negan is strong and Carl is not and B) Carl's angle for a hit would have been, at best, from the side and not a towering blow from above like Glenn because Negan is taller than Carl. Therefore, if he wanted to get maximum force into his swing he would have to wind up, giving time for a Savior below to shoot him before Carl's follow through. So, after the first hit (if there was one), everyone down below would have shot Carl or Negan would have turned in retaliation and likely won that fight and have killed Carl on the spot. So even though Carl would be able to hit him, it would have been weak and not likely to cause lasting damage.

18. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think he realized that if he kills Negan, who's going to control the rest of those savages under his watch. Negan could die, sure and Carl might have been prepared to die himself, but who's to say the rest of the saviors wouldn't start raping and pillaging the other communities, Negan in his own bullying way, brought some level of order to the exchanges. All of those bastards have got to go.

19. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I could be wrong about this as I haven't read this part of the comic that much.

But I think it was a comic scene that went well in the comic that didn't translate well to tv. I think they need to start changing up some of these comic scenes to be more realistic.

Such as tyrese with the hammer back in season 4.

20. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

when Carl picked which gun he would use, he checked the ammo. When he shot two of Negan's men, he fired without hesitation because he panicked. We know that his aim isn't that well though, so he fired a lot of ammo just to kill those men. So, when Negan came into sight, it was most likely a combination of Carl's poor aim, the idea that he most likely had little to no ammo left, and the fact that Negan hid behind other men to keep himself safe!

#20 BulletofBullets, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016