Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anybody else notice Morgan marking and carving...

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by Dreet, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

...trees and wooden posts along the way? I'm thinking he's doing that so that he could find his way back to Alexandria. And the one to bring the two communities together. And NO, to any conspiracy theorists, he was not a part of Terminus.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, and some of the spots he marked didn't make a lot of sense. Like he marked the mailbox at the creeptastic house. Like.....you couldn't just remember the creeptastic house itself??

3. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that too. As well as him fiddling with the red marker on the mailbox. First setting it up, then setting it down when Carol moved in.

4. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

There's no way he'd be a Savior insider, is there?!

It's very curious tho... not sure what or why, doesn't make sense he's doing it for Rick or ASZ

5. Zombie_Penguin

On the way up with Carol still wounded, the guy asks Morgan what he is doing and Morgan replies that he is marking the way back.

6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I say him say that too. I always have the CC on since im hearing impaired.

7. calliope

calliope Active Member

He may be thinking that someone from the ASZ may be looking for them since it looks like they're going to be there for awhile, even under the best of circumstances. Obviously he has no way to know what has happened and that Rick and Daryl aren't in a position to be looking.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Should the Kingdom people be nonchalant about markings leading the way to their settlement?

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's part of a coping mechanism for him. Morgan needs order in his life. First we had the whole clearing thing where he had a bizarre code, and he traded that for Eastman's rigid worldview. Now that's he's trying to come to some sort of balancein his life where the variables are more uncertain, he's attempting to bring some sort of order to it.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It could be markers for someone else. He could inform people to "follow the markers" to not leave to much hints over...a radio to Rick? : - ) That be a nice throw back to Season 1.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe he just really wants to know how to get back to ASZ too?

They are not just taking roads to get to the Kingdom but going through fields and on horses to boot so maybe he just does not want to be lost.

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally just saw that as him leaving himself breadcrumbs.... he told Carol, they would be going back to Alexandria "within a week, maybe a little more".

13. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I guess he thought taking the old fella out of his pants and cocking his leg against the post to mark it was a teensie bit inappropriate.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

14. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

It's an old Hobo thing. Hobos would mark peoples mail posts, trainyards, power poles, etc. This let other travelers know if they can request help or need to move along. When I first saw it I thought wow real culture in use.

15. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I just took it as him marking the way back home to ASZ.

16. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

One of the Kingdom guys asked him what he was doing when they were initially on their way to the Kingdom, and he said he was marking the way back.

17. Benzel

Benzel Member

Not even remotely possible.

18. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It did seem a little out of place. I do think he was marking the way for others to find him and/or him to get back. If others entered the camp they would know he was or had been there and would know to look for him or try to determine what happened and maybe gain insight to the place. If Carol is in the house he would not need the flag up to help draw attention to the marking.

19. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Morgan is still working for Terminus