Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

anyone else notice...

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by nadine, May 29, 2014.

1. nadine

nadine New Member

when michonne rides through the gates on the horse she gives rick the clippers.. after she walks away, rick tells daryl he's gonna check the snares.. he goes off, but before he does, he tosses the clippers on the ground.. i've never noticed this and i don't take rick for being a dick.. anyone have some insight into why he did this??

2. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

The answer is simple: because he's Rick mother****in' Grimes and he needs a mother****in' beard.

3. WalkerSlayer

WalkerSlayer Member

I always saw that scene with Michonne as buddies joking around. Rick, though still my hero, was starting to look like a greasy, hot mess. If I remember correctly, she didn't find anything worth while on her run, but she brought back comics, and the clippers... So she gave him clippers, while implying he needed cleaning up.

Anyway, my basic take on the scene is... clippers require electricity to run, so they are pretty useless in the ZA, unless you have a generator, so he just tossed them down.

I never really regarded it as Rick being a dick, but if I wanted to read into it a bit, maybe he threw them with a little tude because he knew he'd never be "Clean-cut, sheriff's deputy Rick" again. Don't know if either is right, but there ya go!

4. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I think Michonne giving Rick the clippers was a joke. Why grab something that requires electricity when you have tools that do the job without. I think that scene was meant to show Michonne, not only now thinking of others and doing kind acts for them while out by herself, but also that she's acclimated herself enough to the group to joke around with Rick.

#4 TyberiusFox, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  5. nadine

nadine New Member

didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense... also, in the comic at least, the prison does have a generator...

6. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Use all that precious power to shave?

7. nadine

nadine New Member

he would have the decency to put them in the trash, leave them on a dresser.. no way he'd just toss them on the ground like that.. don't know what clippers are symbolic for lol. my guess, he didn't see michonne living much longer... and his beard rules.

dead men tell no tales!:hatchet: