Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anyone else noticed this is exactly what the Gov could have said

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Remus, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Remus

Remus Member

"All of this... there's no getting out of this now. I wouldn't accept your surrender if you came to me on your knees. See, winning isn't about beating you. Winning is about killing every last one of you. That is starting over. I never wanted this, Rick made this happen. You tell him that. No more talk."

This is exactly what the Governor could have said outside the prison in his final assault with the tank.

Cool it's coming from another villain Rick has to face.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cycles

cycles Member

I noticed that too. It was great to see Negan deliver those lines without the smirk. He really believes his own cr-p about this being Rick’s fault.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remus

Remus Member

Yeah. Maybe he is too far gone? All of them are? Like Governor was in season 4? I think Rick will spare Negan and lock him up. But Negan wants to kill Rick. Definitely. Or do you think he will change his mind?

4. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i dont see Negan changing his mind about Rick between now and next episode. perhaps after he sees Rick's mercy he will... over time

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Letting a defeated Negan live?

I do not see how Rick can win now, the bottleneck in Hilltop against Simons crew was much more devestating in the comics and lead by Negan. Saviours seems to be as many as any other time now and not dented at all from any of the many battles against them and now the Hilltop battle is over and it looks like Rick walks into an ambush. How they escape this one...is hard to see. Even if Oceanside rolls in and pew pews, they are not that many, mostly children and women. Without guns.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Also interesting that Negan now has the same goal that Simon had.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cycles

cycles Member

I do think Negan wants to kill Rick now. Before it was all about subduing Rick and using his people as a resource. Now he is out for revenge.

I still have a hard time imagining how Rick can spare Negan (assuming that he defeats him). Negan killed Glen, Abraham and others in cold blood. He was going to kill Carl. How can Rick possibly let those things go. For that matter, how can Maggie and Ezekiel ever let Negan off the hook for the evil that he has done?

I can’t wait to see this unfold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Just so. I'm not generally in favour of the death penalty, even for heinous crimes (though the philosopher John Stuart Mill made a good argument that it is more merciful than life imprisonment). I'm in the UK, where it was abolished about 50 years ago - but Georgia does, I think, so Rick would be accustomed to arresting people who might be executed later. Are they supposed to be in Virginia? According to Wiki, "Virginia is the state with the shortest time on average between death sentence and execution"... I would find it most satisfying if the end of season 8 was the formal public execution of Negan from a gallows on a prominent hilltop, to be left dangling and snarling as a warning to all.

9. Duk-e

Duk-e New Member

No, it would contradict himself.

"See, winning isn't about beating you. Winning is about killing every last one of you."

The governor did not want kill Rick or any people in the prison neither "win", he forgot about the past, he only went for the prison so his people especially Lily Tara and the girl I don't remember her name could be safe, he even offers Rick to get out in exchange of not killing Herschel.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I thought Texas was most efficient with the DP, but it is second to Virginia.

I think a permanently hanging walker would be more demoralizing to citizens than to outsiders. Their gate sign is good enough for me.

Even Negan's walker wall is more of a warning to his own people to do what he wants than it is a protective defense. Attaching Negan to his own fence for his people to see would be a better reminder that Alexandria fights back.

[​IMG]

11. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

This is what I've been saying. After everything Negan has done and said, specifically in that talk they had right after Carl's death, there should be no going back for Rick. Negan is not just going to kill Rick he is going to kill the last few people Rick has left. Yes Carl is dead but it doesn't look like Rick has given up on fighting for those he still loves. And Carl knew there was no preventing the war. So even if he was still alive and Rick kills Negan, I believe he might be disappointed but he would forgive his dad.

And then realistically speaking (I know, I know) Maggie won't blink if she gets one clear shot at Negan. I don't think Daryl or Rosita would either. I'm just saying there are too many people with their personal vendetta's for Negan to live.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think there will be some kind of odd redemption arc for Negan if he is not written out as super vengeance that fails and he dies...to remove the actors salary. One factor I think might save TV Negan compared to comic Negan, is honestly that TV Negan is less weird and has a human side, rational thinking, It might be Negan-Rational but it is some kind of rational thinking. I also think a lot of the shit he done will be glued on Simon for plot reasons to save him if they keep him on. From what I understand, Negan is a interesting character and the viewer account gone up? But not sure if it's Negan alone or just the show getting more interesting after the meh season 6 in Alexandria and the damn zombie herd half that went for half a season in...was it 7?