Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anyone feel bad for the other two prisoners?

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by Scylix, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Rick could very well be the one to be killed under the same circumstances.

I call that fair judgement.

If I was in that group, I'd say to Rick to lock the prisioners up for while - and asking them to do labour work, namely on the field helping Hershell with the seeds - while supervised, then watching their actions and personalities to see if they could fit the group. Why would the prisioners even kill people in Rick's group? That'd be stupid and counterproductive, since they have no ideia how to survive, they're alone in this unfamiliar world and they'd upset an armed group and - really - the only group they may belong in.

To protect and be protected.
    This group already had Merle and Shane, I highly doubt Oscar and Axel are worst than these two and Rick - to me - made a fair choice for now.

So, no, the argument to kill people without second thought because this world is not for pussies makes no sense to me, even in a ZA. At least, give me a damn chance to prove my worth in a new group.

#21 Voncroy, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. Al Davis is back

Here is why I think Rick should have killed the prisoners . There might be a weapon stash or weapons from the overrun guards to be found (not that I think twitchy is going to kill too many walkers on the way to that stash). Rick's keys might not be the only keys to the prison and there might be more surviving prisoners. It is possible, given the size of the prison, that they have multiple kitchens for the different blocks. Only a quarter of the prison appears to been cleared out. Plus, you killed two of their friends, and other survivors might not appreciate you killing their posse. You did not really earn any loyalty points with them survivors. The only threats the prisoners can see is Rick and the walkers. They have no idea that other groups may want to seize the prison.For that matter, Rick and the group do not see it coming because they are making plans to grow crops rather than fortify and entrench their position. Lastly, somewhere close by is an armory. It may been raided already but the prisoners could go there, retrieve the weapons (if there is any), and open up on limited ammo Rick and crew. They would be trapped in a first class pincer. Walkers on one side and live rounds on the other. It's my two cents rather it's worth anything or not.

3. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I think Rick made a good choice by leaving them out of his group. But I think he should temper his response to them with a little less venom. The 2 prisoners will now try to make it on their own and see just how bad the ZA is. If they feel that they can somehow barter with Rick for info, intel, skills, supplies then both sides can come away from transactions feeling good about themselves and those they've bartered with. It might also go along way if either party runs into an outside group that would try to pit one against the other.
    Rick doesn't have to love or like them, but I think he does have to deal with them. If not, he could be painting himself into a corner where an outside bad influence could win the prisoners over.

4. Bob Oppenheimer

all the more reason to bring them into the group on a trial basis under close supervision. They may have information and skills that are in short supply for ricks group.

5. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Well...

6. ZombieGuy

ZombieGuy New Member

Well if the show is following the comic book in this storyline, Rick should have offed all the prisoners, but I doubt they'll stick closely, they haven't so far...

7. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Rick only kills 1 prisoner in the comics.

8. MagneticYellow

MagneticYellow New Member

I didn't feel bad for Tomas at all. I felt bad for Andrew, he was loyal to Tomas, but that isn't a reason to lock him out - defenseless - with walkers. The others, I sort of feel bad for them, since Axel is loved by so many and Oscar seemed honorable. They don't have it too bad, though I don't envy them having to drag out the corpses of their friends.

9. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Axel is part of the group in the comics.

10. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

for a little while.

11. rabscuttle1

For the entire prison arc.

12. Chreees

Chreees Member

Damn straight!

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

But if you're only in a group with a few people, yeah, you can run to the high mountains and survive, but after a few years of not going down, you'll have kids, still won't go down, your kids will grow up and become proficient in the daily routines of getting food and keeping warm but won't be able to contribute much in a restored society, and probably won't want to. You won't have *enough* people to build anything back again, as there won't be enough free time to specialize into various tasks.

Unfortunately, the only way to get the power running and the oil flowing again is to have a big enough group of people to produce things and run them. Isolated hunter gatherers will remain hunter gatherers.

14. rabscuttle1

Who says I would want to restore society.

15. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

The question isn't would you personally want too restore it, but would you eventually want to be able to rejoin a restored society. (or want your descendants to be able to)

16. rabscuttle1

Depends on what type of society rose from the ashes of the old. And in a ZA like the one in TWD I don't believe society would ever recover.

17. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Agreed, humanity is screwed in the TWD universe. But in a "real" ZA, you have no idea if society will recover or not.

If you go completely off the grid, you might eventually be able to reassimilate into society. But if you and your wife ever have kids and those kids are raised survivalist style the chances of them being able to adjust to life within a structured social setting are slim. Not nil, but slim.

18. Morgotha

Meh. I bet you'd want to run to town the first time your kid got pneumonia or a wound infection and would likely die without antibiotics. OTOH, if you're a scientologist and would rather let your kids die than treat them, more power to you.

19. Morgotha

I don't think humanity would be really srewed, there are a LOT of people now, even if 1% survive you could rebuild, albeit slowly. The trick is getting enough of them all in the same place so that some can farm, some can build, etc. Kind of like how ancient Egypt could surpass her neighbors. And it's NOT like we'd be starting over, critical inventions like for producing power, concepts for machines, etc. are already MADE, they just need to be repaired and/or reproduced. It's not like they need to be reinvented.

20. rabscuttle1

I'm not a scientologist. Don't know where you got that idea. But I know many Native American medicines that work just as well as modern medicine that I was treated with as a child. Also I don't have children and never will.