Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anyone feel sad when Merle died/zombiefied?

Discussion in 'Episode 315 - This Sorrowful Life' started by Phenton123, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

Yeh i saw that bit although i was tearing up a little i started laughing at reedus at one of the faces he made

2. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

This was extremely sad.

On The Talking Dead, the director shared that the close up on the eyes was done deliberately. Quite effective.

3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Merle was a douchebag. But I fet saddness for Daryl that he had to find his brother like that, and then put him down.

4. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

That guy has to be the worst actor that ever appeared in TWD, no wonder they killed him off so fast.

5. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I was sad. To me the sadness was as much about the hopelessness of the world situation as it was about Merle himself. The lifelessness, tragedy, absence, and finality depicted in those dead eyes. Kind of like Morgan and his wife. That was also a scene that impacted me in a broader sence than just what was actually happening on an individual level.

6. lurkers&roamers

From the time he saw Daryl's back through the end of this episode, he hadn't seemed like his old d-bag self. Plus, he almost killed the Governor, and would have if Ben didn't step into his shot. Most of his decisions were very rash, but I think he was trying to better himself in the eyes of the group, if only to stay close to Daryl.

7. kmangel

kmangel Member

When I first saw the walkerized Merle, I was wondering if there would be any sign of recognition on his part of Daryl. I think Daryl was wondering it, too. But all Merle saw was someone else to devour. So sad. Everyday people in the ZA face the possibility of a loved one turning. It is something that will never get any easier for them to face. It was heart wrenching for me to watch.

8. Governor

Governor Member

Amazing acting by Norman and Rooker, I felt really,really sad, but Merle redeemed himself in this episode and I´m gonna miss him for sure.:dead:

9. shredorama

shredorama Member

Worst part was him pushing him away a couple times before putting him down. Kinda seemed like he had to muster it up, or process what had happened... Definitely bummed me out

10. RIPmerle

RIPmerle New Member

It's a shame the best character on the show died. Don't know why they chose to kill him as he is the best actor on the show too. Some people hate him for some reason but he is a guy the group needed. At least he went out in a heroic fashion, unlike the lame characters Glenn, all the women and Carl will.

Didn't really feel sad about Daryl crying, but was sad when I knew for sure Merle was a zombie. I knew he was going to die anyways(saw the pictures of him as a zombie) but wanted to believe they were fake. I can't wait to see the Governor die next week.

11. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

Merle went out rocking, least it was Motorhead :)

12. zombiewizard

zombiewizard Member

I think anyone with a soul & heart was sad.

Interesting how arguably the most hated character had one of the most moving moments in the entire series.

13. RIPmerle

RIPmerle New Member

How can you hate Merle? He's a bad ass. Are you too much of a ***** yourself you despise him because you feel threatened?

14. Tap_Out

Tap_Out New Member

Ya, he was my favorite character

15. highway234

highway234 Member

well, he WAS an avowed racist who willingly, even gleefully, tortured and murdered people. So there's that.

16. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

tbh I felt sadder to see Merle like that than Daryl sobbing, I mean it affected me more seeing Merle like that, the up close to his eyes...

17. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

"I ain't beggin you" Merle :(

I cried for Daryl. It was so emotional.

18. asdf

asdf Member

I can't believe a basic cable tv show could have some of the most touching and emotionally complex scenes that would rival any snobby Autumn Oscar baiting movie. BTW, I hated Merle with a passion and couldn't wait for him to die up until the last few episodes and the end scene. The close up shot of the "Zombie" eyes was meticulously shot to convey the deeper meaning.

Still glad he had redemption this way. He had to die.

19. Lawman

Lawman Member

It was shot like that to show that Merle still existed within the body of the zombie. Where is Milton to bring him back out. Merle would have been the only character to go to hell and return.

20. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Merle kind of stole the scene. I knew it was coming because we didn't see him shot in the head but it was still emotional. Probably because, like him or hate him, Merle was always alive as in having fun at someone's expense or up to something or whatever. And to see him like that was sad.

It was almost like I expected him to stand up and say: "Just kidding little brother!" as he wiped Ben's intestines off his face. lol