Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anyone like cheesy awful horror?

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by kennyisalive94, Jan 20, 2014.

1. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Freaks, 1932 got me when I was a wee lil td. "one of us, one of us!" Heh...

I,Zombie: The chronicles of pain, 1998 was another great cheesy flick, shown from the boy-turning zombie's point of view. I loved it when he masturbated every day until it rotted and broke off in his hand. He was all cryin' and trying to put it back. Poor lil guy. :(

2. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Hey! I saw on "The Best, Worst Horror Flicks of all Time" That Troll 2 was the Number 1 best-worst horror. Huzzah Troll 2!!!
    (I hated that series :) )

3. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Carnival Of Soulssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Bah, watch Dead Alive, so much funnier!! I just listed more than twenty movies and accidentally closed the window, meh...

And yes, I have watched Carnival of souls! :D

#44 T Dis, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  5. The Wolf

I like CHEESY and CREEPY TD, not necessarily funny horror films.

6. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Oh, CREEPY it definitely is, and disgusting, oh, so...so gross! :D

7. The Wolf

IDK what it is about COS but this movie haunts me. I also like the old carnival pier settings in the dry salt lakes. The Atmosphere of the entire movie has a weird sort of eeriness to it and the organ music only enhanced the overall mood of the film.

8. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Alright Biaaatch! it's on now, put 'em up!

*td bounces back and forth in her Dead Alive T-shirt with her fists up* XD

9. The Wolf

LOL, Sorry TD. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with Carnival Of Souls. Let me say it again Carnival Of Souls,the cheesiest little horror film ever made!!!!! :)

10. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

The last movie that I saw that really freaked me out, was when I was quite young, and watched "The Ghost in the Darkness" about the two serial killer lions. I don't know why it scared me so bad, but I was window peepin' at every noise I heard at night for a long time.

I long for the days when a movie could scare me like that, or scare me at all. Perhaps I've watched too many, or perhaps I found the real world to be far more scary than any movie...I dunno...but, I'd give anything to be able to watch a movie that would make me hide under the covers again, the way I did as a kid.

I watched some old B/W movie about scientists finding a dinosaur tail, and when they thawed it on accident, it regrew the dinosaur. I was sent to bed early (being about 4 yrs old) and snuck down to peep around the corner, and listen. I HAD to know if they killed it, but got caught and didn't get to see the end. Thinking "did they kill it? Is it still alive? Is it coming to get me?!" I sooo miss those days...

11. The Wolf

I saw The Ghost In The Darkness. About the two male lions attacking the rail road workers about 100 years ago now.

12. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Yes! And the lions would drag anyone wearing "jewelry" of any sort and hide them in a cave like trophies! Did you know that when they finally killed them, they had them stuffed and they are now in a museum (Illinois?) as the worlds only serial killer animals or some shite like that. They killed too many people to count, and they will never know for sure just how many people the two brothers (Lions) got. :)

13. The Wolf

Yes I did know about the museum. Did you know that these two lions had jaw and teeth problems causing them to hunt humans and not their natural prey? As mentioned earlier they were males and DID NOT have manes, so their heads did not look as big as normal male lions. They may have been mistaken by male lions as female lionesses causing them to be endlessly harassed in the wild.
    If I remember correctly these two animals may have been responsible for over 300 fatalities. The cave they lived in was littered with human bones.

14. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't list Freaks or Carnival of Souls in this thread. They had some merit and lasting influnce on the genre.

15. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Yeah, Freaks really started something for the movie industry, but if you watch it today, not counting the influences it had at the time it was released, it's pretty cheesy compared to more modern movies. :)
    @The Wolf In the Mouth of Madness was a good one too. :)

16. The Wolf

I've never seen the movie "Freaks," I've heard of it before though. I'll check it out on the internet and see what its about. :)
    Anyway this threads about cheesy horror movies so it should fit right in.

17. sammwich

sammwich New Member

i enjoy cheesy horror only because im scared as hell of the good horrors so they make me feel brave

18. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I like cheesy awful cheese that smells like it might just kill you if you eat it.

19. Muthoni

Muthoni New Member

I like a horror movie that has the ability to surprise me. I must also be so thrilled when watching it that I can’t help myself but sit at the edge of the seat. A good horror movie to me is the one that makes me afraid to switch off the lights after I am done watching it. I liked watching scream a lot. I did not enjoy watching Carrie because I did not find it scaring enough.

20. steely

steely Well-Known Member

mike nelson and the guys that voiced the bots still do live events... www.rifftrax.com

those guys are funny as hell... the other "faction" of mst3k, joel with mary jo and the others... used to do travelling live shows... i got to see one of their final shows and after get autographs from all of them (except josh who was sick...) i was able to talk to them for a few minutes...coolest part was joel was drinking beer the whole time and cracking people up...