Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Apple Chomping

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Kill Judith, Mar 28, 2016.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I was surprised that nobody decided to respond to his post. I surmise that people wanted to avoid crapping up a character thread.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I saw the apple munching as being a symbol of their action with the Hilltop and the Saviors as, the 'right' choice. ASZ was low on food, and I'm assuming fresh produce was far and few between.

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Rick should have rammed that apple in Michonne's mouth then flipped her over and went at it like two psychotic ZA warriors...

4. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Did they get the apple from the hilltop as i have never seen apples before in alexandria.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yes, she handed him the proverbial apple, and he ate from it. If that wasn't clear enough, they go out of their way to mention Jesus in the same scene. So soon they are going to get kicked out of the Garden of Eden?

And can you even grow apples in Virginia or Georgia? Seems a bit warm, but I've never lived in the South.

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I highly suspect no one could ram an apple in Michonne's mouth, flip her over and do any thing at this point if she wasn't into it, but Rick is so cute in the morning I can't imagine why she didn't say, "Maggie has us on a schedule so it'll have to be a quickie."

7. Gustavo LaPizza

i agree with the symbolism but just like other people pointed out, i think they went for a more simple "heaven's lost" symbol.

it's like they are Adam and Eve, and Alexandria is their heaven on heart, as they say they have all they need in just one place. Than they eat the forbidden fruit, the apple, ( notice she eats first, like Eve does and than she offers the apple to Rick, like Eve does ) and everything from that moment fell to pieces wich in fact is what we know is gonna happen quite soon.

#27 Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  8. EvieE

EvieE Member

I figured it was just the writers way of showing just how complacent Rick and the crew have become. They're eating that apple because there's plenty of food now, Rick thinks the savior threat has been neutralized. Before that deal with the hilltop, the food was scarce. But thee is some symbolism there as well.

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly the message they're trying to convey with this scene. Rick is overly confident and believes he and his people have killed most of the saviors and that finishing off the others along with Negan will be simple. He hasn't a ****ing clue how many more people Negan has.

10. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Nobody. unless that apple is a chance for a certain actress to display a complete lack of acting skills. Am I the only one that wanted to reach through the screen and bitch slap michonne? Bad acting on her part... so bad its Turrable.

Wannabe feminine voice... weak wrists... Terrible camera angle... this episode was pretty good but this scene was awful.
    They took what was supposed to be a strong character and let this chick totally ruin the persona.

If she wanted to pull this scene off she needed to be firm in her flirtations, instead we got petting. She pet rick, like watching an octopus wrestle with conch. ugh.. just epic fail.

** on the voice bit-- do women think that the alternate flirty voice is attractive? so obviously fake it just ruins it.
    Hint: if you put on a come hither voice, then you are trying too hard. If you were actually sexy, you would be sexy without the Faux voice. ewww... I hope this is the last time we see Danai in this kind of scene.

*** Spare me the false outrage- If you don't like my opinion on her that's your problem.

11. westwingnut

If you think about it, what other fruit could they have used for that scene? If you want a food that both of them could eat, there's not much choice. Apples and pears are about the only viable option. After that there's only carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and other types of foods that men don't enjoy eating.

12. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I like it. I like the cuddling. Bring it on, with the symbolism just for the hell of it. Next scene: Rick wakes up and offers Michonne a bite of his banana.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I would say a banana but that would have just opened up a whole new Ron Lambert thread.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh you beat me to it. Great minds think about bananas!

15. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

A cantaloupe?
    The lowest of the fruits!!
    Who dares insult me with this melon ??

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'm going with the weirdness part now. Who puts fruit at their bedside to have when they wake up? Neither one of them seem addicted to food.

17. westwingnut

Maybe they woke up to find that Jesus had left that apple for them during the night. They did say something about Jesus coming through for them.

That would turn the whole Garden of Eden analogy completely around.

18. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

One night quite a few years ago, my husband and I had a party and my one friend (who wasn't drinking) drove a few of them to A&W around midnight. I was in bed but my hubby got me a teen burger (as per my request) and I woke up in the morning to a teen burger on my night stand. I ate it immediately upon waking and it was glorious. This reminds me of that (except fresher and cleaner and they are probably not hungover :p)

For real though, I think it's to show that:
    1. Jesus came through, and they now have fresh fruit which is a huge luxury.
    2. That they are complacent and happy, but it's not going to be that way for long (maybe they are a little too relaxed?)
    3. They might not have tooth paste and it's probably very special, delicious, fresh and luxurious to wake up and share an apple with your luvah <3 (especially after going maybe YEARS without fruit)

#38 Hedwig, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  19. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

I agree... they totally stopped short! Such prudes, these ZA writers.

How is it that we get Glenn and Maggie garage scene, pharmacy scene, shower scene, etc. level intimacy but not for Richonne? What a crime against humanity since they're by far the hottest couple on the show.

As for the apple: I took it as two people eating an apple. At most, to use in lieu of toothpaste or to show they have fresh food. But the Garden of Eden? That's just dumb, let alone dumb as a symbolic tool.

[​IMG]

#39 AnnieOakley, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  20. jojo

jojo Member

Apple chomping. PacMan