Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Applesauce makes you more of a man?

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by Ania, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Ania

Ania Member

Aaron didn't want to try the applesauce because he said his mom force fed him certain things like applesauce and onions to make him more manly? Applesauce? Really? Why not a piece of steak or something? Also, I found that interesting that this was the first hint of him being homosexual.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He said his mom made him eat anything he didn't like, to make him more manly. He probably liked steak. :p.

3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Clearly Apple sauce doesn't make you more manly, because Aaron turned out to be gay, and let's be real, ****ing a guy is the most manly thing you can do. :p

4. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

When I first heard that it made me think that his mom was trying to make him straight lol.

5. Ania

Ania Member

Ah, that makes much more sense.

6. Neuropyramidal

Now if he was a really smart kid, he would have been like "You know what I REALLY hate mom!? HOT POCKETS!! Don't make me eat Hot Pockets ma! Please, anything but those! And if I ever smelled bacon dipped in peanut butter, I think I might barf!! And have you heard that some people put extra pepperonis on their pizza???? GROSS!!"

7. DietWater

"Ma, I really hate the taste of *****."

8. Neuropyramidal

5 star lasagna?

9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

If I had a dime for every time you mentioned hot pockets... I'd have at least $2.10 by now.

10. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

lol "ma!!! The meatloaf!!!"

11. DietWater

I should have used dick. Apparently it's not censored anymore, but in sure you'd find a sarcastic comment to make to that as well. :p

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Every time he mentions them, it reminds me of this comedy routine that makes me cry-laugh every time I watch it. :zombies_lol:

http://youtu.be/N-i9GXbptog

13. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Now he likes sausage.

14. Orpheus

Orpheus Member

The opposite, he didn't liked it, he turned out to be gay, but applesauce is manly.

15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the story about how his mom made him eat things he didn't like but after realizing Rick thought he was trying to poison him he should have sucked it up, not made such a fuss, and ate the damn stuff without Rick having to practically shove it down his throat.

16. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That's what I'm sayin'! And this is coming from someone whose Step-dad became obsessed with "Making a Man" out of him as well. This was not even anything to do with sexuality, it was some demented need to convert me into John Wayne or somesuch. I was forced to raise farm animals (Sheep and cattle) when I was very young. All of them were for food except for one "Baby" who was bottle-fed and raised with our dogs and believed it was one of them, coming into the house, fetching ball, ect... One day it was decided that Baby would also be food, so I had to catch her, tie her up, and hold her down in the back of a truck on the way to the slaughterhouse... The rest of this story is hard to even recount so I will leave it there, but even though it nearly made me a vegetarian (and Lamb is never on my menu) If Rick was telling me to take a bite of a lamb chop to prove it was not unsafe to feed his baby, I would not hesitate. The guy already told Aaron that he would shiv him in the base of the skull if he was lying (Or if his group took too long to get back), Just humor him already! I would chug a gallon of Castor Oil if the guy that had me at his mercy told me too, a spoonful of applesauce is a small price to pay to win some trust.

No matter your orientation, everyone is capable of Manning Up.

17. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah all he had to say was "I'll eat it, but just so you know I hate the stuff - so don't take my reaction for something being wrong with it". Simple. But oh well. The writers were trying to humanize him - and I guess Aaron himself was trying to humanize himself to Rick, too. Don't they say that's what you should do in a hostage situation? Humanize yourself and your captors?

18. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

For some reason there is a litre / quart jar of applesauce on my counter. They told me to get it cos I did Christmas at my house last year. Now it has no use...apart from testing if a dude is manly or not. I will let you know how this works out...

19. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

Especially liked tube steak, it appears. ;-)

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I love applesauce. Send it to me! Apparently I have the same palate as an 1-year old.