Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Arat Instead of the Hipster Savior

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Rapscallion, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Great episode tonight. But one of my few criticisms is the Hipster Savior, who, now that I think on it, was obviously a nod to Terminus leader Gareth.

I'd have preferred if Arat had been at the Savior's satellite camp, took a wounded King Ezekiel prisoner, and taunted him about his poor leadership and false image before Jerry came up from behind and killed her with a swing of his mighty axe.

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought that guy was pretty random for that part too. It sure would have been a lot more satisfying if it was Arat that was split in two after her hateful deeds in Alexandria.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Nah, I can't imagine them having one of the "good guys" in Jerry grisly slicing a woman in half in this PC era.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

If it were Arat, she'd still be about to decapitate King Ezekiel. Plus Jerry saw his friends get mowed down by a machine gun, so he'd put courtesy aside and kill that bitch. :D

5. Johnny Pees

Johnny Pees New Member

He emasculated the "king". Now he is just a small boy.

6. Sully

Sully Active Member

I think Arat is trapped inside the Sanctuary right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yeah, arat is trapped inside this sanctuary and his name is Dwight. He's been ratting all the sanctuary's plans out.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

When I saw that guy all I kept thinking was Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Is Arat still alive? I'm not sure we've seen her this season, have we?

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The hipster thought he had a devious plan but Jerry is an angle bisector.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

We haven't seen Arat yet this season. I thought it was interesting she wasn't on the loading dock in the first episode. Which is too bad; she's pretty hot. Not surprised she wasn't the one to take King Zeke. The loser that did was expendable and a one show appearance.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

How was he a nod to Gareth? I also didn't see him as a hipster.

I think it was important for Dahmer to be a relative "nobody" among the saviors as opposed to someone like Arat who had worked her way up in the ranks with Negan. It was to show a contrast between he and King Ezekiel, as he tried to bring Ezekiel down to his level as just "some guy". I mentioned in another thread how he tried to shame Ezekiel for his "delusions of grandeur" while also risking his life (and ultimately giving his life) trying to bring zeke all the way back to Negan, who is by far the most narcissistic leader of all. I think Dahmer was projecting his feelings about Negan onto Ezekiel, while also trying to further his own interests and become "somebody" among the saviors.

So long story short, Arat would not have been enough of a contrast to Ezekiel because she's a higher rank with Negan.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I noticed all of the heepsters, men and women, kept their hair tightly pulled back, except Jadis, so it never occurred to me that Gunther was supposed to be one of them. How did you all immediately think so? Because he was at that particular outpost?

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He's not lol. He's more like a trailer trash redneck. A slightly smarter and meaner Bubbles. :p. He's almost the opposite end of the spectrum as a hipster, with only Sumo wrestlers on the other side :p.

As for Arat, yeah, she's trapped in the Sanctuary. But we haven't seen the last of her. She makes an appearance next Sunday I think. See can be seen for a split second inside the Sanctuary during the S8 CC Trailer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

But those glasses! I feel like I was back in junior high with the AV club

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

On TTD, they had little facts from this episode's filming, and they said the actor who played Gunther said he REALLY wanted people to hate him by the end of the episode, and he was excited to be a bad guy. I wonder if he purposely chose the glasses to make us relate him to a psycho serial killer such as Dahmer lol.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

For whatever reason I thought it was Arat on the walkie with Dwight in E1, where a female voice said " I want some bang bang Dwighty, I want some scream scream, I want blood" I assumed she was radioing from one of the cars as they left the Sanctuary that later got blown up.

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I almost forgot, I was planning on coming here & complaining about that line because I thought it was so cheesy lol. I forgot about it and got distracted about other topics.

I thought it was this girl for some reason, but maybe it was Arat!

[​IMG]

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We are the same page, also thought it was her. BTW I refer to her as barcode girl (see neck tattoo)

• Like Like x 1