Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Arat is a pretty good shot...

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Mr Bag, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Quick on the draw too she's the best marksman with a sidearm on TWD. Shot Olivia right through the eye...lol

I wish the Saviors would have fast draw shootouts to settle minor disputes...Arat would win every time!

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

She seems to get plenty of practice.

3. Steppin' Razor

And then Rosita...

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, with the exception of Michonne and the oceanside women, everybody on the show is unrealistically accurate.

Just one of the many times we need to suspend belief. Every time I see something that is "wrong" I just remember I'm watching a show about dead people walking around.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Tyreese was a bad shot.

Jimmy, Beth's first boyfriend, couldn't shoot either.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

At least they could hit something. The oceanside ladies were shooting at Stormtrooper levels of inaccuracy.

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I shoot a lot. I'd say I'm average or slightly above average with rifles, but I'm one of the best shots with handguns in my circle of friends. Handgunnery is as much an art as it is a science. Takes lots of practice and time to get good, and every gun is different.

These guys are f*cking high if they think someone can stand up, draw, spin 280 degrees, and put a shot ~1.5 inches from dead center at a distance of about 20 yards. Short of His Holy Bob Munden-ness, may he Rest In Peace, NOBODY is that fast or accurate.

And I won't even get into Carl nailing headshots at 50-60 yards with a Beretta 92 during the initial assault of the prison in 301.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

And I am pretty good with my Beretta too.

9. HondaS2kXD

actually slightly lower than stormtroopers:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, Oceanside is a fully armed and operational battle station.

There isn't another phrase in the English language that is more fun to type than "fully armed and operational battle station".

#10 westwingnut, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  11. HondaS2kXD

I have a 92, and I like it. I swapped the D spring like everyone likes to do. But still couldn't touch my accuracy I used to have with my Glock-- which was INSANELY accurate thanks to a ghost rocket trigger, but that was also why I wasn't comfortable carrying it.

Now I have a P99. It's the last handgun I'll buy. Super-accurate, and with the two-stage trigger I'm confident carrying it without worrying about pulling a Tex Grabner.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I like my M9 a lot but I am better with the Jericho 941 in 9mm,I just shoot better with an old school heavy steel gun.
    All of the CZ designs like the 941 are really nice shooters and crazy well put together.

My buddy has a P99 though and it is very sweet too.

I have lighter guns that I shoot OK with and my M&P 9C is my best of those but I think overall I shoot the Jericho almost as well as my PPK/s which is oddly easy to shoot well? I don't know why but I am really great with it.

I HAD that Rocket trigger in my 17 and took it out like you said,better safe than shot by myself!

I also have an older High Power and I will never get rid of that one either.

there are just too many great shooting guns.

And don't get me started with the Wheelguns.

We also can't shoot combat style at any range around here so the only chance to practice is on private property which I sort of have to give an entire day to along with whoevers place it is so it doesn't happen too often or not often enough.

#12 EZD, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on about specific guns when it comes to accuracy.

I have put many rounds through a ton of different 9s. I am most accurate with a trusty Ruger P89 or P95 with a hogue slip on grip. I went from a P89 to Glock and Beretta and others. Went back to Ruger with my P95. For whatever reason, I am so much more accurate with the Ruger P series. So I just have to suspend belief when it comes to the shooting on the show.

Another thing that gets me is Carl trying to start using his left hand to go with his left eye. I am right handed but I'm left eye dominant. He could be right eye dominate but the idea that the hand needs to match the eye is wrong.

Little pet peeves, but it's a tv show about zombies. How much can we really nit pick?

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have the oversize Hogue grips on my Beretta too and it fits my hand better that way and the CZ variants are all pretty beefy grips which works for me too.
    I also have Carbines that go with the Beretta and the Glocks just in case,you know......Zombies?
    So the mags all interchange which is handy but still when I try to shoot fast at the range I often kill the hostage by mistake! On paper at least!

I do have to think that if I shot every day for life & Death that I would certainly improve exponentially so who can really say?

15. HondaS2kXD

SO MUCH F*CKING THIS! Me too. Hell I can't even remember which eye I shoot handguns with half the time. Sometimes right sometimes left. Usually if I've been shooting rifles I'll be used to my right eye and stick with it. But no change in accuracy. With rifles obviously Carl has to learn to shoot lefty to get any sort of accuracy, but handguns he should still shoot righty.

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Well... Apparently a lot, because nitpick is one word. ;-)

Just messing with ya. The timing was too good to pass up. I agree with your comment. Anyone who knows anything about firearms are best served to look the other way with these issues. The show is about how humans learn to survive and live in a zombie apocalypse. It's not Top Shot. lol

17. Rocky

Rocky Member

She may just have been aiming for the centre of Olivia's chest, missed, got lucky and hit her in the eye. ;)

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

She might have been gunning for Carl and hit the wrong face altogether!

19. Rocky

Rocky Member

Like Dwight aiming for Daryl but hitting Dennis.

20. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That's because crossbows kick like a sumbitch.