Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Are Americans ignorant?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Sulq, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

Well your courts are certainly ignorant. Striking down net neutrality? I thought America was the "land of the free." It's more like the "land of big corporations and those with money."

2. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

Everyone knows that money makes the world go 'round. Each and every country is at the mercy of their corporate overlords to some degree.

3. Hunter codf

Yeah and the government shouldn't be. They collect taxes……

4. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

Yes, but pretty much every single government in the world outside of North Korea is.

5. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you saying we follow in North Korea's footsteps with their government system? Because I like the idea of having choices in my life.

6. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

Well thanks Obama...

7. Hunter codf

You Americans take such pride in your supposed freedoms but more and more they are being taken away by the greed of your politicians. The fact that ISP's are going to be able to bottleneck some URL's is absolutely ridiculous. There are rumors out there with the death of net neutrality that Comcast plans to limit bandwidth to companies like Netflix unless they pay them a premium. You know that additional cost is going to be filtered down to the consumer. It's just sad……

8. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't forget we're ignorant and will refuse to believe anything of the such.

9. Hunter codf

I know you're kidding but I don't think you Americans are ignorant or stupid (well maybe a minority is but every country has stupid people, except Switzerland ;)) I just feel that you guys have become complacent. I truly was surprised that there wasn't a bigger outcry when the Patriot Act went into effect. Or this latest NSA kerfuffle. You guys are letting your government shít all over your freedom.

10. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Active Member

People today recognize that the Patriot Act was crap, but people back then didn't. They were too paranoid that George W. Bush wasn't going to win the election and enlarge his genitalia in order to protect freedom.

But in my experience, the American mindset is gradually changing from all the complacency and content from the end of World War II and back to it's original values and what the United States was really about.

It's not that we take pride in the freedoms that the state has given us, it's that we take pride in the original ideas that were in mind when the U.S. was created, and I feel people here are finally started to realize that the government is beginning to destroy those ideas and values.

11. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

While I do agree that people did want something like the patriot act only to regret it later, when something that extreme (9/11) happens, I think that was emotion of the moment taking over. Considering we jumped into 2 wars from that event, creating something like the patriot act from that same cloth doesn't sound that unbelievable (At least from someone who doesnt remember it being passed)

12. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

In a way we have become very complacent and somewhat used to the way things are now. I mean I'm aware (at least I like to think I am) of all these new laws and regulations to slowly take our freedoms away, but I feel like why fight it?

As for the Patriot Act, I feel a lot of Americans want whatever needs to be done to ensure homeland security. So if a war on terrorism is neccessary to prevent future 9/11 attacks, then so be.

13. Kebab

Kebab Member

Some parts yes. But it's definitley not the worst

14. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think America is just in this brighter spotlight of judgement than the rest. The U.S. is just like any other nations of ignorant fuktards, except we have the reputation to uphold because we always talk highly of our free nation and how badass we are. Just as in human interaction. If someone talks like they are the shiite but act like a typical jackass, of course we're gonna get bashed and teased more...because we asked for it.

But what do I really know?....I am an American , after all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

Americans are ignorant? yes we are.it takes twenty people to get killed at a 4 way street before we put up a stop light. 1,000 people have to get food poisoning before we move on cleaning up problem.yes the US is big and yes sh#t happens but what hurts is we have to get our a$$ kicked to wake up to problems.
    we Americans complain about some corporate
    chairmen making millions of dollars but never say anything when a sports player or celebrity is demanding millions of dollars.America, is what it is, and as long as people complain about it the more free it will be but when the complaining stops thats when this country will be in trouble.:usa2:

16. HoT_HaRRY

HoT_HaRRY New Member

Every "American" knows that money makes the world go round. Don't include everyone in that ignorant comment. My bet, you're American. I apologize.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

17. HoT_HaRRY

HoT_HaRRY New Member

Voting for an official is dumb. Voted in officials shouldn't have as much power as they do. Politicians should be required to display leadership and cognitive thought. But "we" want a say...so we've done it to "ourselves"

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

18. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I want to leave the US very badly. But sadly I'm too poor.

• Like Like x 1
  19. musky

musky Active Member

Yes alot are and there very brain washed by there goverment.

20. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

And way too dumb...You're just a lil ****,****tard...

LOL KAZAM I'M JUST BORED 'KAY ?

• Like Like x 1