Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Are Bob & Sasha Close enough in age??

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Silky, Mar 10, 2014.

1. HeadlessHershel

Well there's no 'argument' because Beth Greene is 18 years old in season 4. If you think they can't be together because Daryl is 'too old' that's discrimination. When you discriminate on the basis of age that's ageism. Beth wants Daryl. Daryl wants Beth. Nobody is 'chasing' anybody unless we're talking about the sedan. If they had a girl and a guy the same age with more in common it would be way too predictable. I'm not sure many people saw this coming.

2. ShamblingCorpse

The only time where this is even considered by some an issue is when the age gap is quite noticeable and one of the people involved is obviously young (ie Daryl and Beth). No one cares what the age difference is between people as long as both are consenting adults. The kicker is when one is barely and adult and the other is much older otherwise it doesn't even matter.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't believe that they have the intention of Daryl and Beth becoming a pair. There is a difference though between them and Bob and Sasha . When we first met Beth she was 15 or 16 on the show. Now she's only about 2 years older on TWD timeline. It just comes across as creepy to me since she's is either underage or just over it. Also, the character she plays comes across as very childish in many ways. It's just weird to have her with a guy like Daryl.

Bob and Sasha are both adults so that makes no difference to me.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Tongue in Cheek about what?

Close enough in age to "Party"?

If they are alive and interested then they are close enough in this crazy mixed up new world!

5. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

You know, at first I thought it was creepy too, but the more I think about Daryl, the more I think he's more child-like in some ways than you might think at first. It seems pretty apparent that Carol had the hots for him, but unless I missed their hookups, I got the impression Daryl never succumbed to her seductive ways. And with Beth I just don't get any impression he's lusting after her. As a matter of fact, he seems almost asexual. Maybe it would take someone with Beth's innocence to bring out the softer side in him to the point where he could connect with a woman, either spiritually or physically.

6. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

That kiss between Bob and Sasha looked like they were just family to me. Shes more like a little sister/daughter to him. I do that all the time with my siblings since im italian (we kiss a lot) and I saw nothing that told me they feel ANYTHING about each other other than close friendship/maybe family. If anything, hes infatuated with her because shes the only one around and as soon as they meet the rest of the group, he will go for someone his own age since shes just someone who comforted him when hes down. Just gratitude. Like did you see him walk away from her to go find Maggie? He clearly doesnt give a shit. Hes already over Sasha if there even was anything to begin with. I find it sick and wrong that some of you actually interpreted that kiss as being romantic in nature.

7. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

That is an argument? That is the most realistic part of the entire show. :zombies_lol:

I actually think IRL Reedus dates woman in their early 20's and Gilliard is married to a woman that looks at least as young as Sasha.

Middle aged men chasing younger women is certainly nothing new or even shocking.

8. Caryl

Caryl Member

I don't see Bob and Sasha as having this huge age difference. She's late 20's he's early (ish?) 30s IMO. Even if there was the difference is that she is an adult. Already an established adult not a 17 or 18 year old teenager whose brain isn't even fully developed yet.

Sadly it's nothing new for Hollywood. Leading men get to become middle aged and senior citizen yet still play opposite 20 and 30 year olds.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/leading-men-age-but-their-love-interests-dont.html

[​IMG]

9. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

I think Bob and Sasha are sweet together, and they seem to have a good understanding of each other. The kiss wasn't passionate but I saw potential for love to blossom between them.

I'm pretty sick of all the Beth/Daryl speculation, to be honest. If Daryl does have romantic feelings for Beth (which I doubt) I don't see it going anywhere. The only reason all this speculation got going was because Beth and Daryl were alone together. I doubt that will be the case in future episodes. If both of them make it to the end of season 4 alive, they will probably be back with the surviving members of the group. The dynamic will change again once they're back with Maggie, Glenn, Rick, Carl, Michonne etc, they may keep the bond they've developed, but a romantic relationship? I'll believe it when I see it.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

What gets me about the graph is that the blue line is not straight. As if Denzel Washington ages at a faster rate some years than other years.

11. Caryl

Caryl Member

Look at the x axis! The year gaps are different that's why his age line isn't straight. The years are when his movies came out.

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I heard talk on the playground that Bob and Sasha were seen in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Your point about Daryl being asexual is a good one because it ties in a lot with what Norman Reedus has said. If he had his wishes then the Daryl character would not have a relationship. That's pretty much what he's said in interviews. Perhaps the scenes we've seen with Carol and other women is just a sign that he's not interested, or intimacy is difficult for him due to his bad upbringing. I also remember a scene from 4A when Daryl was on that run with Michonne and Bob and she was joking in a light hearted way with him and he couldn't even deal with that type of harmless playful banter.

It would be interesting though if Daryl does live, if seasons from now they could have him come out of his shell and develop more to the point he could have a real relationship.

14. Dead man walking

I can't believe in the space of such a short time since he took booze instead of medicine that Bob has found humanity. He's talking like Ghandi and has a girl to boot now. But you just know someone's gonna get eaten out of that duo (by the zombies I mean) :p

15. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Can we all just admit that it isn't their age that bothers us. It is that Bob is a weird looking guy and Sasha is incredibly good looking. It ain't right! :zombies_nosmile:

16. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I don't know. Bob's not that weird looking, but he certainly is weird. One minute he's jonesing for alcohol to silence the noise (or was it to drown out the silence?), and the next minute the prison is overrun, they're forced out into the wilderness, and he's grinning like a lunatic. I would be seriously questioning his sanity.

17. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Well his real age is 42, so on the rule of thumb '*half his age + 7' then Bob just makes it!

Seriously though, they're both consenting adults not in any relationship, and given the casualty rates in the ZA I'd just go for it!

*This scandalously sexist and uncool rule of thumb that I obviously do not endorse, or condone, in any way, etc. etc. :Grin:

18. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

In the ZA, I'd question the sanity of every survivor whether they looked crazy or not. It would be a bad idea not too.

#38 TyberiusFox, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  19. Silky

Silky Member

Some of you really need to lighten up. This was posted to poke fun at the Daryl and Beth questions.

20. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think this is a good possibility. However he's simply not going to get away with playing the 40 year old virgin for too much longer. Esp not if he wants to hang on to his sex status symbol. Eventually it's going to look as weird and creepy on TV as it would in real life.

He's said he talked the producers into turning his character into more than a Mini Merle. That was genius on his part because it gave Daryl longevity. I hope he's not dumb enough to ruin that with this nonsense about wanting to be an awkward virgin forever. At some point he's going to have to man up about it.